In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

fox.........

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
Hope that I didn't overstep.......

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Even if you did, in your case, and a few others, there would be no hard feelings.

f2520l.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Even if you did, in your case, and a few others, there would be no hard feelings.
    I am sure that I am not include in the above group.
    Which is sad. [:(]
    But you can't say you were not forewarned.

In case you forgot, read my second post in the link below.
    Did you think I was kidding???
    All I can say is....YOU DID ASK for another round.
    It is obvious that you wanted to, now your not happy with the results?
    You COULD have just let it go.....but nooooo........

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=169926

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I am sure that I am not include in the above group.
    Which is sad. [:(]
    But you can't say you were not forewarned.

In case you forgot, read my second post in the link below.
    Did you think I was kidding???
    All I can say is....YOU DID ASK for another round.
    It is obvious that you wanted to, now your not happy with the results?
    You COULD have just let it go.....but nooooo........

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=169926

I have no interest in looking at your link. What is "sad" is that if we active pro-gun people could get even HALF of America's gun owners to only sign up on the membership lists of the few nationals pro-gun rights organizations we have working for us (NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA,etc) and thereby give those organizations the political clout they need and the money from dues that they need, we gun owners would own this country .

Even if those pro-gun organiztions merely continued to work as they have been doing (50% efficiency, working half-hearted, pocketing half the dues, sometimes selling out, or what ever defect you wish to throw on which ever organization) with the power they would have from such a huge number of gun owners being behind them, we would have no more gun rights problems.

And in that scenario, since most gun owners seem to care more about their constitutional rights than non-gun owners (even if they presently aren't doing anything about it) with the power we would have we would probably correct any and all problems that many here complain about without a need for a revolution.

But this will never happen. Not as long as we fight among ourselves and in "public" about whether, for one example, the NRA is worth supporting.

f2520l.jpg
    edited November -1
    Since you "say" you have no interest in looking at the link I provided, I will copy it here for you, so there can be NO mistake.

(quote)
    P.S. Welcome back, but if you want to go another round about the NRA, you better grow some REALLY thick skin, because the gloves will come off this time.

Just a friendly warning. [;)]
    (/quote)

I do not know why you insisted on going another round. If you had not, the "laundry" that was hung out for everyone to see, would NOT have been posted. You can thank yourself for that list.

I am posting this "warning" AGAIN to let you know that I have "more" ammo. But "I" WOULD RATHER LET IT GO. I will wait and see if you practice what you preach, when you say that it would be better to NOT hang our laundry out for the world to see. It's up to you if you want to go another round. If you do, then do as I advised, grow some REALLY thick skin, or at least take the personal responsibility for your decisions. Don't blame anyone else for YOUR decision not to help out at the sportshow. Your life, YOUR decision.

P.S.
    I reserve the option of letting people know about the NRA. But unless YOU bring it on, I will not hang out the WHOLE basket for all to see. Your choice.

longhunter,
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but Fox did "say" he would not be reading his own thread pertaining to this.

edited November -1
    posted by pickenup:

quote:

P.S.
    I reserve the option of letting people know about the NRA. But unless YOU bring it on, I will not hang out the WHOLE basket for all to see. Your choice.

For quite awhile you, and others, have been very determined to hang out, if not the "whole basket", at least a very large part ofyour "basket" in regards to why you think the NRA is not worth supporting. I truly don't understand why you and others do that as it can only have the effect of weakening support and power for the NRA (and maybe even by association OTHER pro-gun rights groups as well). We pro-gunners cannot survive if we lose all of the very few and somewhat weak pro-gun rights groups we have fighting for us.

I have already said that if we gunners would quit fighting among ourselves, and spend that time and energy urging the majority of the other 80 million American gun owners into joining and helping protect their gun rights for a change, that we would solve all, or most, of our gun rights problems.

And you yourself know that only a tiny percentage of gun owners do even one damn thing to work towards protecting their gun rights. Anti-NRA arguments and arguments among gun owners as seen on this "public" forum only serve to discourage this participation from others that we desperately need. It even probably gives the lazy, cheap gun owners that chose to NOT help with the gun rights fight a chance to feel good about their selfish and lazy decision.

In your case I cannot understand why you joined the NRA and then go around disparaging it. I would think any organization you joined that you would want to see and help that organization succeed. You cannot help by disparaging it. With your attitude like that I would hate to see you coming to join any organization I was president of. Maybe you only joined to add to your "credibility" when you so often critcise the NRA. That is what film maker Michael Moore did by joining the NRA as a life member and then bush whacking NRA president Charleton Heston in his home and by making his anti-gun movie Bowling for Coulbine.(SP)

Except for the fact that you and a few others here hang around a pro-gun sight and claim to own and like guns, when it comes to bashing the NRA, from here I cannot see any difference between you and the postings of the anti-gunners on one of the gun control sights.

In regards to me "practicing what I preach" I can only guess that you are referring to the fact that on a few occassions I have violated my own rule and slammed the GOA. If that is what you mean, then I plead guilty. However it is interesting that you would hold me to such a strict and high standard when deciding to cite me for not "practicing what I preach". It seems that few, if any, others here are held to the same kind of standard. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not mention the GOA in a negative light as I try and defend the NRA when the NRA is CONSTANTLY mentioned in a negative light here on YOUR forum.

But if not, how about you and I reach an argeement? I will not post on your threads, nor will I respond to any of your posts on other's threads nor will I mention you by name. And you do the same for me.

You might want to notice how David Nunn acts as moderator on the much more difficult forum to moderate, the General discussion forum. He remains calm, cool and professional. He doesn't get down in the mud and fight with members whom he disagrees with.

Maybe I made you mad enough to lock me out from this snake pit of anti-NRA people.

Fine by me.

f2520l.jpg
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR, I know that ever since learning of the "compromises" made by the NRA on these forums, I didn't renew my membership. However loud it may seem that I criticize the NRA, my point in general isn't to hurt the pro-gun cause. My goal is to talk the potential NRA supporters into joining one of the groups I like better, like the GOA.

The way I see it, the only real way to get new GOA members is to start a dialogue with the people who would consider joining the NRA, point out the shortcomings of the NRA, and offer a better solution.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Hope that I didn't overstep.......

I'm standing with longhunter, here. There is a need to work within the system, but often, when things do not go as planned, it is met with indignation.

The NRA did not agree to poison pill amendments to LCIA act, which was good.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who's the ugliest one of all?"

-Janet Reno, the Butcher of Waco.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    TR, I know that ever since learning of the "compromises" made by the NRA on these forums, I didn't renew my membership. However loud it may seem that I criticize the NRA, my point in general isn't to hurt the pro-gun cause. My goal is to talk the potential NRA supporters into joining one of the groups I like better, like the GOA.

The way I see it, the only real way to get new GOA members is to start a dialogue with the people who would consider joining the NRA, point out the shortcomings of the NRA, and offer a better solution.

It doesn't cost much to join BOTH organizations.

f2520l.jpg
    edited November -1
    Tr, in pointing out the fact that it doesn't cost much to join 2 orginizations, you do make a valid point. I wish that I could be as open-minded about compromise as you. You make excellent points whenever you speak of the issue, and I frequently let my past negative experiences cloud my current judgement. Even as strongly as I agree with DK and Highball, the gun rights cause needs people such as you and WoundedWolf.
    edited November -1
    posted by pickenup:

quote:

P.S.

For quite awhile you, and others, have been very determined to hang out, if not the "whole basket", at least a very large part ofyour "basket" in regards to why you think the NRA is not worth supporting. I truly don't understand why you and others do that as it can only have the effect of weakening support and power for the NRA (and maybe even by association OTHER pro-gun rights groups as well). We pro-gunners cannot survive if we lose all of the very few and somewhat weak pro-gun rights groups we have fighting for us.

You say it can only have a weakening effect. I disagree. I think it can strengthen the pro-gun groups, when members see what is happening, and demand change.

I have already said that if we gunners would quit fighting among ourselves, and spend that time and energy urging the majority of the other 80 million American gun owners into joining and helping protect their gun rights for a change, that we would solve all, or most, of our gun rights problems.

If we could get 80 million pro-gun members to fight (legally) I agree, we would rule. But that ain't gonna happen, we have to work with what we have.

And you yourself know that only a tiny percentage of gun owners do even one damn thing to work towards protecting their gun rights. Anti-NRA arguments and arguments among gun owners as seen on this "public" forum only serve to discourage this participation from others that we desperately need. It even probably gives the lazy, cheap gun owners that chose to NOT help with the gun rights fight a chance to feel good about their selfish and lazy decision.

Agreed, only a tiny percentage do anything.

In your case I cannot understand why you joined the NRA and then go around disparaging it. I would think any organization you joined that you would want to see and help that organization succeed. You cannot help by disparaging it. With your attitude like that I would hate to see you coming to join any organization I was president of. Maybe you only joined to add to your "credibility" when you so often critcise the NRA. That is what film maker Michael Moore did by joining the NRA as a life member and then bush whacking NRA president Charleton Heston in his home and by making his anti-gun movie Bowling for Coulbine.(SP)

You can NOT change things from the outside, you HAVE to be a member to bring about change. Don't you? I am doing something about what I see, I want change, unlike some.

Except for the fact that you and a few others here hang around a pro-gun sight and claim to own and like guns, when it comes to bashing the NRA, from here I cannot see any difference between you and the postings of the anti-gunners on one of the gun control sights.

(quote)claim to own and like guns(/quote)??? Don't sink to that level.

From here, if a person blindly supports (or does nothing to bring change to) the compromising, and the restrictions on the 2nd, for ANY guns, I can't see any difference between THOSE people and the anti-gunners.

In regards to me "practicing what I preach" I can only guess that you are referring to the fact that on a few occassions I have violated my own rule and slammed the GOA. If that is what you mean, then I plead guilty. However it is interesting that you would hold me to such a strict and high standard when deciding to cite me for not "practicing what I preach". It seems that few, if any, others here are held to the same kind of standard. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not mention the GOA in a negative light as I try and defend the NRA when the NRA is CONSTANTLY mentioned in a negative light here on YOUR forum.

Say what you will about the GOA. If they deserve criticism, yell it from the rooftops. But don't put the NRA on a pedestal, I'll knock them off of it. That simple. Post when they do something good, but in turn, be fair when they don`t.

But if not, how about you and I reach an argeement? I will not post on your threads, nor will I respond to any of your posts on other's threads nor will I mention you by name. And you do the same for me.

No agreements. Tried that once.

You might want to notice how David Nunn acts as moderator on the much more difficult forum to moderate, the General discussion forum. He remains calm, cool and professional. He doesn't get down in the mud and fight with members whom he disagrees with.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, [:0] EVERYBODY here, gets into a scrap (in the mud) once in a while. I'm not nunn, or Teak, or the capt'n, or anyone else.

But please, in your opinion, show me where I have not been calm, or where I have been unprofessional. I try to debate with facts. Unlike some, I don't call people names, or try to use personal information to somehow discredit them, if I am unable to provide a response to a question.

Or are you accusing me of some kind of mis-conduct, simply because I post something that you do not like or agree with? Which is it, show me, I can change.

Maybe I made you mad enough to lock me out from this snake pit of anti-NRA people.
    Fine by me.

Mad? You have not made me mad, disappointed yes, but mad....nope.

What was the advice, that you were so freely giving others, at a site not so far away?

(quote)But for others, the moment you see that a particular topic offends you, QUIT READING IT. Or don't begin reading it.(/quote)

If you consider this to be such a SNAKE PIT, maybe you should "practice what you preach." No lockout, as long as the posting guidelines are kept.

edited November -1
    OK, Pickenup, I frankly had delayed reading your response to my purposely inflammatory post until after my blood pressure meds had kicked in. I admit I was trying to step on your toes a little and I fully expected you to come back in all angry, yelling and throwing things around. But you fooled me. You came back with a calm, reasonable sounding response. Gotta wonder if you got David Nunn to do it for you (Hey! That's just an attempt at a friendly joke. Really). You even took the time and effort to dissect my post point-by-point and post your own sensiable and reasonable replys to those points.

I don't guess you and I are ever gonna agree on a lot of stuff, at least not in regards to the NRA. But your civilized demeanor managed to deflate my "Grrrr! I hate Pickenup" campaign (for now?) so I will stand down and return to formation.

f2520l.jpg
    edited November -1
    I admit I was trying to step on your toes a little and I fully expected you to come back in all angry, yelling and throwing things around.

Wow. It's hard to think of you being a troll, TR. Hope it's nothing permanent. [:D][:D][:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    OK, Pickenup, I frankly had delayed reading your response to my purposely inflammatory post until after my blood pressure meds had kicked in. I admit I was trying to step on your toes a little and I fully expected you to come back in all angry, yelling and throwing things around. But you fooled me. You came back with a calm, reasonable sounding response. Gotta wonder if you got David Nunn to do it for you (Hey! That's just an attempt at a friendly joke. Really). You even took the time and effort to dissect my post point-by-point and post your own sensiable and reasonable replys to those points.

I don't guess you and I are ever gonna agree on a lot of stuff, at least not in regards to the NRA. But your civilized demeanor managed to deflate my "Grrrr! I hate Pickenup" campaign (for now?) so I will stand down and return to formation.
    Maybe a handshake, but NO hugs. [:D][:D][:D]

edited November -1
    Big ROGER on the "no hugs"[:D]

f2520l.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    I admit I was trying to step on your toes a little and I fully expected you to come back in all angry, yelling and throwing things around.

Wow. It's hard to think of you being a troll, TR. Hope it's nothing permanent. [:D][:D][:D][:o)]

Don't you know what the "t" in tr fox REALLY stands for?[:o)]

f2520l.jpg
    edited November -1
    Dang! I've rarely seen such............roundness.