In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois Gun Rights ALERT!!!!

Dangerous TDangerous T Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Gun Rights and Constitutional Law
Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

http://www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm

Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has disturbing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparently forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

So...what does this all mean?

In the last edition of The Illinois Shooter, we reported on the activities of a shady taskforce known as the Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

Thanks to a ruling by a liberal federal judge, the CAGE unit now has the name of every single person in the United States who, since 1992, lawfully purchased more than one handgun in the period of a week. The CAGE unit also has all the makes, models and serial numbers of those guns. In essence, the Chicago Police Department is now registering guns and gun owners nationwide.

The ISRA has also learned that the CAGE unit has compiled a list of families where more than one person in that family holds a FOID card. Acting on that information, the CAGE unit is now contacting gun shops where those families have shopped, and is illegally registering all guns purchased by those families.

Now, it appears that the CAGE unit is scrubbing Chicago's gun registration list against the list of FOID card holders. Indications are that folks who have let their registrations and FOIDs lapse will have their guns confiscated. We have to wonder how long it will be until state troopers show up at the doors to confiscate the guns of non-Chicago residents who have let their FOIDs expire.

More later as this story develops.

Comments

• Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope this breaks out into a civil war
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois would be an excellent place for the 2nd Civil War to begin.
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hope they take all guns, i hate 'em...
    those meanies show up at my house, they'll get a face full of lead
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dangerous T
    This does not surprise me. You will begin to see much of this in the coming future. Stand your ground. When it gets really bad, you will have many followers and it will be time to take arms.
    Abort Cuomo
  • BATFEBATFE Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Gunz
    I hope this breaks out into a civil war

Why would you want a Civil War??????
  • Dangerous TDangerous T Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To be honest, I have no intend to go against the bunch of mercenaries that you call "military and police". They will not hesitate to shoot at me, at you and at our families, after all, thats what they are paid for - to shoot at whomever the government tells them. You think that I am "unamerican" and "do not support the troops"? I submit to you that not a single soldier hesitated at Waco, or at Ruby Ridge. Our police and army forgot that their oath is not to the president, not to the office of the president, not even to their commanding officer, but to constitution.
    I have red a story about a Wehrmaht sergant, who was ordered to shoot few Soviet POWs as a part of firing squad - first time he claiemd his rifle failed, the second few times, he aimed to miss. This was found out and he was sent from his cozy position at the rear into the frontline. He knew what he was risking and yet he made a consious choice. I doubt that in our entire Police and Military we have even ONE person with as much honor as that german.
    I have no desire to get into a firefight with police or military, then labeled an "extremeist, racist, nazi fanatic" by media and then thrown into jail for the rest of my life. Lacking good body armor, enough weapons and sufficient training, I would much rather ran.
    Canada isn't too far. I have a Permanent Resident card for Canada.
    I think that unless the military turns their weapons against the government (and that ain't happening), any civil unrest will be very quickly squashed. With a lot of blood, and even more "detention camps", all while the media howls about "extremists, terrorists, fascist". This country had changed so much in the last 12-15 years that it is really, and I mean REALLY scares the hell out of me.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Some of you boys question why I have adopted the "Hands off" approach to politics, letters, ect.
    The above poster highlights it perfectly.

Also refer to dak to 68 and rawhide54, politics forum.

I desire for them to decide for once and for all time if American blood runs in their veins...or Tory or merely Beast blood.

Stop slowing the progress of the Beast...give him his head.

Decide in YOUR own heart and mind and Soul.
    Am I American...or not ?
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DangerousT:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
    quote:Our police and army forgot that their oath is not to the president, not to the office of the president, not even to their commanding officer, but to constitution.
    OBVIOUSLY you've never taken the oath.

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)
    I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)
    I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

quote:I would much rather ran. Canada isn't too far. I have a Permanent Resident card for Canada.
    Nice to know you have our back.
    edited November -1
    Oh, gimme a break!!! No, not an arm or a leg or a rib or a skull.
    1. The oath to constitution is in the WORD of the oath, but not in a SPIRIT of the oath. Again I submit to you that not a single soldier hesitated at Ruby Ridge, Waco, or even at Abu Graib.
    2. Do you have a family? I do. The woman at Ruby Ridge didn't have a gun. Yet she had her brains splattered on the wall. The soldier didn't hesitate. I have a wife, I have parents, my first responcibility is to myself and my family. I will NOT put them at risk and play a "der partisanen".
    3. Are you ready to go against armored to the teeth army? Are you ready to face everything up to and including Apachie helicopters while having only 308 rifle? In Iraq they have the balls to do it. Of course, they have almost EVERYONE there pissed of that we are on their land. However, things are quite different here. Quite a few of the "we the Sheeple" care more about American Idol and Dancing with Stars and the price of Apple Pie then about their country.
    Also, do not forget the racial tension here. Divide and Concquer, BRead and Entertainment. Those are the rules that Romans used. Those are the same rules that are used by our Gummit, the place where the difference between the parties is almost lost.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dangerous T:
    quote:Oh, gimme a break!!! No, not an arm or a leg or a rib or a skull.
    1). The oath to constitution is in the WORD of the oath, but not in a SPIRIT of the oath. Again I submit to you that not a single soldier hesitated at Ruby Ridge, Waco, or even at Abu Graib.
    Just pointing out your unfamiliarity with the oath of enlistment. Interpret it any way you like. The men who take it do not have that option.

quote:2. Do you have a family? I do. The woman at Ruby Ridge didn't have a gun. Yet she had her brains splattered on the wall. The soldier didn't hesitate. I have a wife, I have parents, my first responcibility is to myself and my family. I will NOT put them at risk and play a "der partisanen".
    Yes. And it is a real comfort to think that should something happen to me that there are brave men that would pickup the load and protect them. Somehow I get the feeling that won't be you but yea, someone WILL do that for you as well. Actually they already have.

quote:3. Are you ready to go against armored to the teeth army? Are you ready to face everything up to and including Apachie helicopters while having only 308 rifle? In Iraq they have the balls to do it. Of course, they have almost EVERYONE there pissed of that we are on their land. However, things are quite different here. Quite a few of the "we the Sheeple" care more about American Idol and Dancing with Stars and the price of Apple Pie then about their country.
    A man that won't fight for what he believes in, is not a man. He has no moral conscience, no soul, no honor and certainly no self-respect!! My freedom means enough to me to fight for; so, YES, I am. Against a determined enemy, when you run, you just DIE TIRED.

quote:Also, do not forget the racial tension here. Divide and Concquer, BRead and Entertainment. Those are the rules that Romans used. Those are the same rules that are used by our Gummit, the place where the difference between the parties is almost lost.
    Any racial prejudice you find in this country is spawned, nurtured and perpetuated by the politically elite to further their sinister agenda of subjugation.
    edited November -1
    Ok. Brave words. However, forgive me for being sceptical. It is one thing to declare your bravery and your thrust in your fellow men, while sitting safely in your armchair, to do it in action is quite another. Will I fight? Yes, I will. If I have to. Will I run? Yes, I will, if I can. My job, when SHTF is, first and foremost, safety of my family. I would not trust that to anyone. If some Warlord who sets up an "independant republic of Wisconsin" or "Sovereign Republic of Michigan" will provide their (and mine) safety - I will serve that Warlord. If the safest thing to do will be making a dash to "Oh, Canada", you bet that I will get my family there.
    You see, I have no desire to run. I own 3 properties, my parents own 3 more properties in USA. So, leaving those behind would not be smart from financial point of view. However, should civil war start - it means EVERYONE for himself. Will I trust some guy of whom the only thing I know is that he likes guns? No. I won't. And he wont trust me. It is expected.
    I do not want a glorious death, I want a comfortable life:-). To me, having guns means that I get to go to the shooting range and unwind, and if some SOB gets into my house and tries to burglarise me - he or she is DEAD.
    I understand that it is easy to be a soldier and be brave against the militiamen and civilians (like in WACO) - after all you got heavy weapons and armor. It is much harder to be a single "die partizanen" and brave: no heavy weapons, body armor is expensive and no team to work with (as such groups are under heavy watch by FBI).
    Therefore, I state that: Civilians will be at disadvantage before the army and need to outnumber it at least 5:1 or have a terrain on their side as well as outside support. Lacking all of those things, whatever mess will be will end up bloody and defeated by the mercs.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dangerous T
    Ok. Brave words. However, forgive me for being sceptical. It is one thing to declare your bravery and your thrust in your fellow men, while sitting safely in your armchair, to do it in action is quite another. Will I fight? Yes, I will. If I have to. Will I run? Yes, I will, if I can. My job, when SHTF is, first and foremost, safety of my family. I would not trust that to anyone. If some Warlord who sets up an "independant republic of Wisconsin" or "Sovereign Republic of Michigan" will provide their (and mine) safety - I will serve that Warlord. If the safest thing to do will be making a dash to "Oh, Canada", you bet that I will get my family there.
    You see, I have no desire to run. I own 3 properties, my parents own 3 more properties in USA. So, leaving those behind would not be smart from financial point of view. However, should civil war start - it means EVERYONE for himself. Will I trust some guy of whom the only thing I know is that he likes guns? No. I won't. And he wont trust me. It is expected.
    I do not want a glorious death, I want a comfortable life:-). To me, having guns means that I get to go to the shooting range and unwind, and if some SOB gets into my house and tries to burglarise me - he or she is DEAD.
    I understand that it is easy to be a soldier and be brave against the militiamen and civilians (like in WACO) - after all you got heavy weapons and armor. It is much harder to be a single "die partizanen" and brave: no heavy weapons, body armor is expensive and no team to work with (as such groups are under heavy watch by FBI).
    Therefore, I state that: Civilians will be at disadvantage before the army and need to outnumber it at least 5:1 or have a terrain on their side as well as outside support. Lacking all of those things, whatever mess will be will end up bloody and defeated by the mercs.

T,
    While you think some here are "armchair comandos", I know I am not. I know many here are NOT. Can you not fathom there are MORE important things in life? Can you not fathom that LIBERTY and FREEDOM are THAT important? Those are the premises that we live for and WITH.While my family is important, I understand their SAFTEY and LIVES depend upon our freedoms. Without them nobody is safe.
    " I do not want a glorious death, I want a comfortable life:-)."
    There were NEVER any garuntees of this in the constitution. In fact, while it is a nice thought, nowhere IN THE WORLD does this gaurentee exist.
    You must decide what is REALLY important to you and think extensively you you can attain it. OH! WAIT! The founders allready did that. We just have to listen to WHAT they SAID and grow big enough stones TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Run like prey and soon you will know how hot the boiling pot is. Become the hunter and you will know how good dinner tastes.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by Dangerous T

T,
    While you think some here are "armchair comandos", I know I am not. I know many here are NOT. Can you not fathom there are MORE important things in life? Can you not fathom that LIBERTY and FREEDOM are THAT important? Those are the premises that we live for and WITH.While my family is important, I understand their SAFTEY and LIVES depend upon our freedoms. Without them nobody is safe.
    " I do not want a glorious death, I want a comfortable life:-)."
    There were NEVER any garuntees of this in the constitution. In fact, while it is a nice thought, nowhere IN THE WORLD does this gaurentee exist.
    You must decide what is REALLY important to you and think extensively you you can attain it. OH! WAIT! The founders allready did that. We just have to listen to WHAT they SAID and grow big enough stones TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Run like prey and soon you will know how hot the boiling pot is. Become the hunter and you will know how good dinner tastes.

Can I think of more important things then Liberty? Well, let me tell you that freedom is something that the ruling class created in order to placete the peons. It is immesurable. If you tell a peon:"I give you X ammount of money or goods" you will have to deliver or be a liar. Freedom is not a solid measure. In some countries there is a freedom of speech and expression, but not freedom to bear arms. In other countries, they have both, but the law enforcement is really tough there on criminals. Freedom can't be measured, therefore it can be thrown to plebeans and they can be conditioned to consider themselves free. The best way to keep slave a slave is to convince him that he is free.
    What is more important then Freedom (which is not a solid concept)?
    Life, Wealth, Security for me, my family and friends. If I can't have them all, I will choose those three over freedom. What means Life and Freedom without anything else? Bums are alive and free. They are free from any and all obligations. Freedom gives them nothing.
    Make no mistake about it. I will fight if cornered. The most dangerous rat is a cornered one. There is a reason why I armed myself with a 308 and not 223 - it goes through the body armor better. Just in case the "banditos" and "gangstas" attacking me will be in body armor, of course I would never, EVER resist the military,they are, after all, representatives of our democratically elected government, the Government that protects the freedom everywhere.... You understand what I mean, right?
    Remember also this: Government is watching. It is watching us because it loves us and wants to protect us from every threat. Why, they may be even reading this now. Of course, most likely a machine is reading this text looking for keywords. Of course True Patriots have nothing to fear from the government, only subversive do.
    You DO understand my meaning, right?
    You see, fleeing the representatives of the Democratically Elected Government is not a crime. Leaving the country is NOT a crime, resisting military and police is. I would NOT break the law, I say it OPENLY for EVERYONE to see and read. However, leaving for another country is LEGAL.
    Let him who has the understanding SEE what I have wrote, KNOW what I have meant and let the wise ones know that they are never alone in our age which a certain author missed only by 24-25 years, predicting it too early.
    Remember, that the goverment watches us as if we were unwise children, so everything written or spoken is open to them. I would NEVER resist the government, I would much rather flee, since it is LEGAL.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I know EXACTLY what you mean ... Tory ....
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Some of us WILL stand on the wall, screaming " The British are coming..the British are coming !!"...

We will be picked off early.

Always there is the hope that lying quietly, just at the edge of the timber, is hard men with good rifles...prepared to take up the slack left.
  • trevorustrevorus Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New member here...

I live in central IL. I am so sick of the liberal gun fear rampant here in this state. Fear of an inanimate object is ridiculous. I want so bad to be able to defend myself like I, as a free man, have the right to do, whether the gubmint tells me I can or not!
  • pitbud5pitbud5 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I moved out of that state! Guess I can't move back know since I own a machine gun and a ruger mk III with a built in suppressor[:0] O darn[;)]