In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

L.A. bans .50 cal. "sniper" rifles

FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
Well, chalk another one up for Feinstein and Waxman.
http://www.vpc.org/press/0209snip.htm

Fitz

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These things sell for around $3000.00-$9000.00 a piece. The ammo alone is between $6.50-$10.00 a shot!!! This is a bit expensive, and my guess would be that, at a weight of between 22-34# unloaded and over 6 feet in length, not just anyone can shoot these things. Is there even a single instance where a .50BMG was used in a criminal fashion???

As for the gun industry arming ObL and other terrorists, I believe it was the Feds that sent that stuff to Afghanistan during the USSR/Afghanistan conflict. The Gun industry was just doing their job, and aren't the fedcoats supposed to know what is a good thing from a bad(sic) thing??

Way to go, Kommies. Good job solving a non-existent problem, Komrade... and choke on it!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    @)!*#*()@# *$*&@#$)_ ~~ )@!_##@$&@)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that off of my chest, I should be able to refrain from further cursing. LA and LA County have got to be one of the worst pockets of assinine communitist law makers in the US. They drove out an absolutely fantastic gun show out of the county, outlawed the sale of small affordable hi-powered handguns with their damn "pocket rocket" law, and finally they succeeded in getting rid of .50 Cal. What's the point?!?

I live near LA county and am glad we manage to keep the madness at bay in our county. Although I should no longer be surprised, it never fails to amaze me what stupid things people vote for and what stupid things the press gets away with saying.

quote: was spearheaded by the Violence Prevention Coalition of Greater Los Angeles, aided by the Pacific Center for Violence Prevention, and based on research by the Violence Policy Center (VPC).

Who the hell is using .50 cal for violence in LA?!?

quote: We must bring these weapons of death and destruction under control
    Why? Name 1 death or act of destruction a .50 cal has caused in LA.

quote:The VPC was the first organization in the country to alert the American public to the dangers of 50 caliber sniper rifles on the civilian market with its landmark 1999 study, One Shot, One Kill: Civilian Sales of Military Sniper Rifles
    Stupid! A much cheaper, smaller and more portable weapon is far more likely to be used in a crime by an individual. Most people in LA county couldn't even afford a .50 cal. If the crime has organized backing and support, such as terrorists, etc., the stupid law won't stop them from using whatever they want, be it .50 cal, RPG or whatever.

quote:As a result, this ideal tool for assassination and destruction is now easily accessible to terrorists, criminals, and the mentally unstable
    This one's the kicker: Even the libs admit that all their background checks, waiting periods and other laws don't work. If that's the case, why not get rid of stupid laws rather than make more?

So many guns, so little money . . .

Edited by - kalifornian on 09/27/2002 16:10:36
    edited November -1
    Here's the point. In the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan, or the Kommonwealth of New Jerky, or anywhere else in the country that deals with these Kommunistic laws, they are done so to DISARM us, because they fear us. We stand in the way of making all their plans useless. Their plans will include removal of all private property, no middle class, only nobility and peons, removal of all rights to virtually everything, no more free enterprise, and we will begin a slide to where we are all guilty of something, and punished.

Those who speak on behalf of VPC, HCI, or MMM speak with mouths that are open sepulchres, with the venom of asps between their lips, and a forked tongue. They want guns, seriously, they just don't want us to have them.

That's the WHY part. As for everything else, you are absolutely right.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    Those wussies in Kalifornia don't deserve a .50 cal rifle period. They are the same people that spit on our Vietnam Veteran's as they came into LAX from fighting for this country. I say they need to be completely disarmed so their kids can be shot, mugged, raped, and killed. I guess I have a problem holding onto a grudge too long. I'm sorry I don't feel sorry for those people.....I'll seek therapy.

*If there is one gun for every 7 people in the world, I'm saving alot of people money*
    edited November -1
    Snake,

Therapy is not necessary. For the subjects of Fuhrer Davis' reign that do not agree with this, I send my condolences. For all those who thought it was a good idea, then die a coward's death.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • Great White HunterGreat White Hunter Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "My friends, we must all hang together or we shall assuredly all hang separately" -- Benjamin Franklin

There is an election in ONE MONTH. Elections are won with ballots and money. Every single vote counts (Remember Florida two years ago?). Gun owners are notorious for not voting. Vote! Get your wife/girlfriend to vote. Get your friends (who are sympathetic) to vote. Canvass and be active. It matters.

Then, tomorrow, before the week is out, send $20 to the pro-gun candidate of your choice, preferably one where the race is somewhat close. If every gun owner in CA would give $20 to a pro gun candidate, the antis would be out of business. Think about it: $20 is less than the price of one box of premium hunting ammo. If you are on Gunbroker, your guns probably mean as much to you as mine to do me. You've heard of the NRA roundup, well let's call each man's $20 "the anti-gun round up." Except, this round up is like an old fashioned cattle drive. Once we get them rounded up, we're gonna ship 'em outta here on a rail.

Vote and give! Give and vote! The future is in OUR hands.

GWH
  • straightwallstraightwall Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to www.citizensofamerica.com there is ONE documented case of the 50BMG being used in a crime and that was done by a disgruntled police officer.

These things sell for around $3000.00-$9000.00 a piece. The ammo alone is between $6.50-$10.00 a shot!!! This is a bit expensive, and my guess would be that, at a weight of between 22-34# unloaded and over 6 feet in length, not just anyone can shoot these things. Is there even a single instance where a .50BMG was used in a criminal fashion???

As for the gun industry arming ObL and other terrorists, I believe it was the Feds that sent that stuff to Afghanistan during the USSR/Afghanistan conflict. The Gun industry was just doing their job, and aren't the fedcoats supposed to know what is a good thing from a bad(sic) thing??

Way to go, Kommies. Good job solving a non-existent problem, Komrade... and choke on it!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    [/quote]

straightwall
    edited November -1
    Disgruntled police officer, did you say??? That's probably why it evaded my sights. So, a person who has legal right to carry and exemption from all restrictions on firearm contorl gets a .50BMG and commits a criminal act with one. Sounds to me like .50BMG's should be banned from police use, considering who abused their power when they did the deed, don't you think???

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak