In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

i hate to say it.

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
i just sent in an application to join a range where nra membership is a must. so looks like i need to send the nra a check and renew my membership. not something i particularly want to do but if i want to have a place to shoot i dont have a choice.[:(]

Comments

• buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No other ranges within reasonable distance? The wife and I joined a new range last summer primarily to avoid mandatory NRA membership, lucked out that new range was 20 minutes closer to home.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pay with credit Card for lifetime membership, when U get your nonsense, do a chargeback for there fraud and lies. U get your nonsense range requirements and NRA is out $5 in fees and paper.

Your welcome [}:)]
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    nope there arent very many ranges in this state and all that i know of require nra. and i dont know anyone with a personal 100yd range theyd let me use so im stuck.

melkor. thanks for the advise. but im not out to screw with anyone. ill pay my dues and be done with it.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    Pay with credit Card for lifetime membership, when U get your nonsense, do a chargeback for there fraud and lies. U get your nonsense range requirements and NRA is out $5 in fees and paper.

Your welcome [}:)]

Cute !
    The only problem is that the NRA sends a list to the clubs .
    Found this out last week .
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Joining the NRA to have a place to keep your skills sharp is a neccessary evil...much the same as a CCW.

One learns to use the enemys' tools...against them.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    If you join the NRA, remember they actively work WITH legislators AGAINST gun owners.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most ranges sell "associate" memberships for about 10 bucks.
    Unless you want to see Waynes pic in the magazine, I would go that route, and cut down on the amount they get.

After you are in,.....talk to others, and create a stink after you have some dissenters like I did.
    No more NRA requirement for me at my range.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good option if available, Marc.

Not an option at my range, however they have a two tier membership fee program where the non NRA member (I am one of the very few) pays $ 30.00 more per year than an NRA member.

Josh, you may want to ask if you can pay the range the NRA yearly membership fee directly. They may use it to sign someone else up, or they may pocket it. It may be a way out for you, however.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    After you are in,.....talk to others, and create a stink after you have some dissenters like I did.No more NRA requirement for me at my range.

Marc,

I like the way you think.[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    A good option if available, Marc.

Not an option at my range, however they have a two tier membership fee program where the non NRA member (I am one of the very few) pays $ 30.00 more per year than an NRA member.Josh, you may want to ask if you can pay the range the NRA yearly membership fee directly. They may use it to sign someone else up, or they may pocket it. It may be a way out for you, however.

Don,.....I see this coming most likely by next year at mine.
    Some of the old timer life members are still trying to create a stink with the board members over changing the NRA requirement for the primary member.

I personally would prefer my range get the extra money to make improvements.
    Sure you most likely feel the same.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    After you are in,.....talk to others, and create a stink after you have some dissenters like I did.No more NRA requirement for me at my range.

Marc,

Thanks Shane,.....I have a big mouth believe it or not.
    I am not the most liked person out there by many of the old timers though![:0]

As I just posted, I expect a 25 dollar or so extra fee coming for non-NRA members, but at least I got enough folks together to fight them. Ultimately they did not want to lose our memberships, as we have brought a number of new folks in.

I did a lot of talking with the Treasurer, and pointed out the stupidity of the NRA or your gone idea. Guess the board saw the light.
    Actually our Treasurer ended up agreeing with many of our points, and he has now gone to an "associate" membership himself. He is in his fifties.

I have NO problem paying them the equivalent of an NRA membership.
    At least it will go towards direct improvements to our facility, and not into Wayne's pocket.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Marc,

Thanks Shane,.....I have a big mouth believe it or not.
    I am not the most liked person out there by many of the old timers though![:0]

Marc, so do I.

Oftentimes, not being popular or well-liked most likely means you are on the right track.[;)]
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA is retarded
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Just do what I do, give the NRA their money once a year for membership, so you can shoot on the range and get discounts which are well over $35, anything they send you throw it in the trash. I personally don't care for the NRA, it seems like they are an endless suction on your wallet, and they support any kind of screwed up gun law to make you think they are working for you, instead of doing what they should be doing, working to repeal any and all infringements upon our 2d amendment rights.