In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If you want to know how bad it is,

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
Just read the comments by girlhunter in this post,

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=384214

There may be no hope.[V]

Comments

• buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know it's bad when it gets me pissed enough to post. I spend alot of time reading(not much of conversationalist and hate typing)and only post to keep from shooting computer or somebody says something really stupid.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    While a woman holding those views is repugnant, one can almost expect it. Woman are nurturers. They like peace an security.
    While I know many woman with more fire in their bellies then most men ..they are still a minority.

What then of the pee3's ?
    THERE, folks, is the fertile ground from which the Beast extracts his power ..drawing nourishment and strength.
    There the beast will find the endless supply of bodies to hurl at decent, freedom loving individuals wishing merely to live in peace themselves ..free of the slimy, heavy hand of government.
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said HB, here and in the afore mentioned thread. While some will spend this saturday grillin meat and spendin money they don't have on things that go boom, I will use it as a gut check with a good book and redifine what it means to me to be free. Contemplating the actions that will be necessary in the coming months to set wrongs back to rights. And those who choose to post silly things will be the same folks that will end up as cannon fodder that I will use to pave the roads on my way back to freedom. And not to hijack the thread dheffley but if anyone has a good suggestion for that book please let me know.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see nothing wrong with the grilling and things that go boom. While your definition of celebration is greatly different than mine, I still beleive how one chooses to celebrate it is entirely up to them. May we all enjoy.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
    edited November -1
    Bostons Gun Bible ;
    Enemies, Foreign and Domestic ;
    Molon Labe, by Boston.
    Patriots, by Wesley Rawles.

I have not yet read Molon Labe..but was told it is quite good.
    edited November -1
    Badchris, I'll more than likely throw on some ribeyes for me and the old lady, I just can't afford the fun stuff this year. And for a really good laugh on just how dumbed down some of the youth are now, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII
    Miss Teen USA South Carolina. lmao. She can't even string together a complete sentence.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    "Unintended Consequences", by John Ross.

You will not be able to put it down.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks It496, I'll run by the library after lunch to see if they have a copy.
  • IfticarIfticar Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Cindy Sheehan is one side of a coin, you guys are the other side. While I prefer your side of the coin, both sides scare me. I need to find a different coin.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    "Unintended Consequences", by John Ross.

You will not be able to put it down.[;)]

+1000000000

I have read it; 3 times over.

One of the best works I have ever read.
    edited November -1
    quote:Ifticar
    Starting Member

USA
    39 Posts
    Posted - 06/30/2009 : 11:16:37 PM

If Cindy Sheehan is one side of a coin, you guys are the other side. While I prefer your side of the coin, both sides scare me. I need to find a different coin.

Indeed ?
    Perhaps you need to find a new country...one more suited to you.

It is obvious that the Founders would simply TERRIFY you.....and a hundred thousand or so just like you fled the US after the Revolutionary War....
  • darkwaterdarkwater Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ifticar

The "perfect" coin does not exist, so we make do with the best one we can find.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, email me w/ your address, I will loan you my copy of Molon Labe. It has made several round since I got it a year ago.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Okay, goodbye.

The NRA is looking for some good party-faithful compromisers to agree with their views. You might try there.[:)]
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Okay, goodbye.

The NRA is looking for some good party-faithful compromisers to agree with their views. You might try there.[:)]

The NRA is looking for some good party-faithful compromisers to agree with their views.
    = Calguns
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1

Strange, I feel perfectly safe and at home on this side of the coin, and Cindy Sheehan makes me ill.

She did have a good and respectable son though. I guess it was because her ex-husband raised him and she wasn't in his life.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I smell gman on GH. Tin foil hat time, I know.[8D]
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dheffley:

Maybe "girlhunter" should consider this 8-minute video when she comments that "We" just don't get it!!! Her narrow view, protected by the blinders of indoctrination, prevent her from seeing the big picture!!! Here is a "PRIME EXAMPLE" of what is going on in this country as we speak!!!! What makes her think, or believe, that the road to Hell isn't being paved with the shredded pages of the "Constitution" and the "Bill Of Rights"??? It's people like her, with all her good intentions and uninformed, willing support that make these egregious violations possible!!! I can only surmise that it would take something like what is described in the video, perpetrated on her or an immediate family member, to bring things into focus and to open her eyes!!!

NOTE: (IMHO: The Libertarian Party has been hijacked by Washington Insiders and Corporate Influence.)

I received this in an E-mail today:

Every American MUST watch this 7-min clip
    If you haven't had YOUR run-in with the Nazi Gestapo police in the United States, then it's just a matter of chance, OR you've avoided it by being meekly submissive and surrendered your (and my) rights.
    Pastor Anderson Speaking at the Gilbert Arizona Tea Party - 7 min
    http://sanderson1611.blogspot.com/2009/07/pastor-anderson-speaking-at-gilbert.html
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pastor Anderson knows more about the Constitution than the Incompetent, Deceiving, America-Bashing-A-hole that sits in the Oval Orifice.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    Pastor Anderson knows more about the Constitution than the Incompetent, Deceiving, America-Bashing-A-hole that sits in the Oval Orifice.

That was a great 7 minutes. If more people like him would use their gift to promote citizenship of this country rather than the "glory" of being a subject of a kingdom in some contrived afterlife, this country would turn around a lot quicker.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is another example of someone speaking to the cancer we have allowed to permeate and spread without abatement. The column is titled: "The Age of Despotism."

Commander Cunningham is no slouch. He was a Green Beret (who served in the same Special Forces company alongside his father and two brothers), an infantryman with the 101st Airborne Division, Navy pilot, mission commander and analyst. He is also the author of the now-famous 29 Palms Survey. His military credentials are unassailable. When Commander Cunningham speaks, people should listen.

The column is archived at:
    http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090707.html