In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SHATTERING TRADITIONS.......

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS;

To ALL of you that have traded insults, suggestions and discussions for the last year or so.
I have learned from each of you..and some I know I would enjoy discussing the situation over with at a campfire or the local cafe.

God Bless all of you..part of the rich tapistry that makes America GREAT....
I would name names..but would leave somebody out..and have no wish to do so.
TrFox..nobody here 'hates' you or your family...please trust me on this.
Moderator Pickenup may deem this unsuitable for this forum..but I share little in common in General....
Guys/Girls....enjoy your family and friends EVERY day...and not just at this special time.
Thank you for allowing me to intrude upon your thought patterns enough to respond occasionally...[:D]

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Highball![:)]

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Merry Christmas to you as well Highball . . you are a man truly respect.

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MERRY CHRISTMAS and
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    TO ALL OF YOU AND YOURS
    (Including you Tr Fox [:)])

For others who do not participate.
    Rather than try to list all of the greetings.
    HAPPY (insert correct term here) TO YOU AND YOURS.

In the spirit of CHRISTMAS, I'm letting some non "Gun Rights" posts slide.
    But after the first of the year, it's back to business. [}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Merry Christmas to you to. I enjoy reading what you type, thanks for taking the time to do so.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
    "Invoking time as a substitute for knowledge can be hazardous." Fred Redd
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Merry Christmas to you all !!!

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1

Good to know all of you, and I hope everybody on the forum has a great Christmas. [:D]

Oh, and Highball, do I take this thread as a sign you are mellowing out?[;)]
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    +1

Good to know all of you, and I hope everybody on the forum has a great Christmas. [:D]

Oh, and Highball, do I take this thread as a sign you are mellowing out?[;)]

LOL, Highball mellow out? I think he just had an epiphany and put it into words, just joking highball. I respect your opinions a great deal and have had to re-evaluate some of my thinking due to your words, for this I thank you. As for the rest of you, the same holds true. Each of you have contributed to the way I "now" view our country and those that flounder around within it's borders, as if "borders" have any meaning. I realize that this is late but I just read it and it is never too late to wish well to others so, to each and every one of you Merry Christmas and may you all have a wonderful new year. I hope we can all continue to make contributuions to the thoughts of the many that will enter this site this new year for WE can make a difference in this manner, just look at me, I was one that really didn't give any of this much thought until reading posts here. Now I think I'm some sort of history and equal rights buff or at least my writing comes off that way. My knowledge has increased ten-fold in these areas and I have all of you to thank. I am no longer a "sheeple".
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...one more thing, Highball, is there any significance in the number of dots in between your segments of writings.[:D] I was just noticing that sometimes there are two, sometimes three and even four dots. Just wondering![;)] Anyone no where the Wallace and Futuna Islands are?[:D] I also just noticed my sig line has three and four dots, no significance.

trfox-I second that opinion, noone dislikes you or yours. As a matter of fact I've grown to respect your opinions and thanks for the contribution. I think you are being singled out because of the nature of all of our discussions and the manner in which they may appear to be so negatively tilted away from you. This is only true in the sense of those threads that may apply. I respect your steadfastness in holding your ground and being true to your beliefs so please continue to support the NRA in all the ways that you do and post here in GR frequently as I enjoy reading your words.
    - comengetit
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit;
    Face to face communications is what I am most comfortable with.

I talk with my hands..and short pauses between sentences serve to emphisize this or that point I wish to make. The written word is difficult to get these points across...In a discussion, these 'breaks' also allow one to futher explain or clarify a position..relevent to what the 'subject' is reacting to.

Another point of the periods....is to break up the run-on sentences. No critisism here, but look at your 'rants' a moment. They have things NEEDING to be said...but with very little breaks, paragraphs or pauses..they are difficult for my tired old eyes to read. I find myself re=reading or skipped two sentences ahead...both conditions distracting to my understanding of what you are saying.

I take the trouble to read your posts....but several posters do not get that courtousy from me, because I expect them to merely warm over what I already know about them.

That, my friend, is the best explaination of the 'periods'...plus I know it drives 'certain' people NUTS...certain elitist over educated idiots that frequent some of these boards...[:D][:0]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Don't know how I missed this topic until now. Good people and good thoughts here. I'm grateful to be associated with em' all.
  • Options
    bunny1911bunny1911 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Comengetit;
    Face to face communications is what I am most comfortable with.

I talk with my hands..and short pauses between sentences serve to emphisize this or that point I wish to make. The written word is difficult to get these points across...In a discussion, these 'breaks' also allow one to futher explain or clarify a position..relevent to what the 'subject' is reacting to.

Another point of the periods....is to break up the run-on sentences.

I do this too...often. I try to cut down when I'm on new posting sites, because I'm not sure if I'll get reamed or not. I have a personal blog where I let myself go "..." happy and have had many people complain. But it helps me break up my reading, and my thoughts but leave them still connected when they need to be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So....where is the blog ?
    None of my business..unless you care to share, of course.

Understood about the 'reaming'..but hereabouts, that is generally reserved for anti-gunners wearing the protective clothing of "Second Amendment Supporters"...
    Comengetit made mention of my piccidilloes in an honest attempt to understand just how weird I really am...[:D][:0]

Sure wish there was spell check on these forums..lots of words I cannot use because NOBODY could pick their way thru the minefield of "Sound-Spell" I do...
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like this post has been temporarily resurrected. As has been said many times before, I like hearing all of your opinions, and having open discussion without resorting to name calling. I hope this will continue throughout the new year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dsmith;
    Mellow OUT...ME ???? [:0]
    Seriously..I am difficult to talk to...and I know it. Not one diplomatic bone in my body.I shoot straight talk...and expect the same back.
    I cannot follow the tortured,twisted trail of intrigue and sly habits of those that walk afraid of stating their real opinion....and have suffered the end results from men that have taken what I say personally....[:D][:0]
    When among people I trust..one might be surprised at how easily I can laugh and joke with the best of them.