In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
Firearm Statistics Report Available to Movie, TV Creators; Entertainment Industries Council Creates Resources for Writers, Directors, Producers

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 28 (AScribe Newswire) -- The Entertainment Industries Council Inc. (EIC) has created an extensive compilation of information on gun violence, firearm safety, gun legislation and more as a resource to the creative community for potential storylines. Published under the title Putting a Face on Firearm Statistics: Volume II, this information is available to the entertainment industry through EIC's First Draft resource program via its website (http://www.eiconline.org/) and through the mail. The publication was made possible through the support of the Joyce Foundation.

"We're launching an aggressive program to encourage the use of this material to provide awareness about the inherent dangers that guns can pose," said Brian Dyak, President and CEO of EIC.

ABOUT EIC: The The Entertainment Industries Council Inc., a non-profit organization, was founded in 1983 by leaders of the entertainment industry to bring the power of the industry to bear on health and social issues. Among the issues EIC addresses are: drug, alcohol, and tobacco use and addiction; firearm safety and injury prevention; sun safety; human trafficking; terrorism and homeland security; mental health; and HIV/AIDS prevention. EIC's Web site is located at http://www.eiconline.org/.

ABOUT RWJF: The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is the nation's largest philanthropy devoted exclusively to improving health and health care for all Americans. The Foundation invests in initiatives that create meaningful and timely change and that help us lead healthier lives. One of The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's four goals is to reduce the personal, social and economic harm caused by substance abuse -- tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs.

CONTACT: Henri Bollinger, Henri Bollinger Associates, 818-784-0534 http://newswire.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/behold.pl?ascribeid=20060227.175326&time=07%2031%20PST&year=2006&public=0

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:"We're launching an aggressive program to encourage the use of this material to provide awareness about the inherent dangers that guns can pose," said Brian Dyak, President and CEO of EIC.

Just wonder how bad this will get twisted around the facts.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:HIV/AIDS prevention

Hmm, I don't recall hearing them making the public aware of the dangers of the activities depicted in Brokeback Mountain.

I didn't see the movie, and don't plan to, but I would imagine if it is indeed a "cowboy movie" then there ought to be plenty of cigarette smoking and guns, along with all that gay sex. I wonder which of these activities the EIC would find the most dangerous?
  • BlazerdogBlazerdog Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent analogy, Wolf.

I'm sure they'd have a certifiably PC response.

'dog.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Engaging in promiscious, homo sex is a whole lot more dangerous to your health/life than is being a careful gun owner.
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Yea, Those farts are a killer[:D]
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by One shot
    Yea, Those farts are a killer[:D]

yea really, didn't they eat alot of beans on the trail!!!!![:p]
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of Bravo Sierra. These self-serving fascists are really a piece of work. Their supporters are action movie sponsors, so apparently, the showing of unrelented passion breaking into unsafe sex, and shoot'em to hell movies encourages what exactly???

Thanks anyways, I'll stick with conventional wisdom as my guide. Hollyweird needs to fix its own problems, and not worry about anyone else's problems.
    edited November -1
    As far as hollywoody, The most guilty yell the loudest. Maybe they will try sneeking their views throught the "back door."
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not seen this movie but roomer has it that these guys are not cowboys at all . They rangel sheep and I hear that OK for gay guys.
    I just wish everyone would stop referring to them as cowboys. It degrades the mere thought of cowboys as an unique American icon .[8D]
    edited November -1
    I wonder, do they run around with their pant leags tucked into their "Sheep Boots".
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I wonder, do they run around with their pant leags tucked into their "Sheep Boots".

From what I hear, their pants are around their ankles for most of the movie.

And by the way, this thread has become hilariously out of control. [8D]