In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Highball

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over on General the other day you posted a comment to me and the thread was later locked so I could not reply.

You stated something to the effect that "if someone doesn't believe in freedom, then they are a slimeball, etc."

You should have said, to be correct and truthful, that if that someone doesn't believe in your defination of freedom then they are a slimeball. Oh, and to avoid being a "slimeball", that someone must also believe in your solution for our loss of freedom.
    edited November -1
    I've read many of the post on here that I didn't read before I posted my question in another thread. Having done this I see where your responses came from for that post. Now as I read your post further I wonder if maybe a man of your age should be patting yourself on the back as lustily as you do, you could hurt yourself badly. An over inflated ego such as yours has brought many greater men to their knees.
    edited November -1
    You posted this reply to my post over on General, and everything got locked so I couldn't continue.

quote:So, unless you fit in one of those catagories, how does my position on this even effect you or infringe on your, or anybody elses here, rights?

YOUR...and the government/nra methods used to distinguish those 'groups' you insist ought to be disarmed...involve forcing ALL to crawl on their bellies to beg permission to buy a weapon.
    This is intolerable to a man that believes in individual freedoms...and the basis foundation of this country.

As usual you and your side has to duck, weave, distort and somehow find a way to avoid directly dealing with my statement. I will say it again. If you are not a child, an illegal alien, a convicted VIOLENT criminal nor haven been adjucated as a mental defective, then I do not advocate you or anyone else has to crawl on their knees to purchase, possess or carry a firearm.

You take objection to my statement which makes me think you ARE one of the 4 groups I listed. Probably the child would be my guess.
    edited November -1
    Highball,
    You posted this on a different thread and I did not want to hijack that one.

See the highlighted area? I met a man today that is just like you described. He told me he is more patriotic than folks who wont "jump the hoops". He was talking about class 3 items. I was thinking about what you post all the time and how right on the mark you are with people just like I met.

Highball Posted - 01/02/2010 : 2:29:37 PM

Double-nine ;
    Welcome aboard.

Your treatice is pretty accurate for the rank and file anti-gunner.

There are other forms of this insanity, tho.

Those that feel that government permission makes them special, somehow...more manly, more honest, a better citizen.

Those pushing gun control so as to totally subjugate the citizens of this country..the better to instutite the tyranny they so earnestly crave.
    edited November -1
    I noticed over on General your posts didn't brag about you being a canary *. Why? Did you remove the info because you are ashamed of it?

Just wondering. Oh, you camp follows of Highball, feel free to jump in and be obnoxious in defense of your hero (as usual).
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    No...I dont see Freeminds post as being sarcastic.
    Merely trying to apply the same logic towards cops as is applied to US..the tax-paying citizen.
    Once again, the King has rewarded his loyal servents...while *+++ on us, his subjects.

Highball,

To begin with, by no means do I profess to speak for anyone other than myself here. If others care to offer their opinions either way, feel free.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say, and I am not saying this to troll, or start an argument, but the condescending, arrogant, pompous way you come across in many of your posts is a large reason I stay off of this board.

I stay more active than most other gun owners in sending E-mails and physical letters to both politicians and journalists regarding the restrictive firearm laws. I have even had one major journalist respond, admitting he really didn't know much about guns, but he was relying on "other people" for his facts. I offered to take him shooting, so he could realize the true differences between a Tec-9 semi-auto, and a true machine gun (as he referred to the Tec-9 in his article). He took me up on the offer, and now understands the differences between them.

I hope one day that you realize that most of us here are working for a common goal, and that your "I am the only one who is right" attitude really is not helping anyone here reach it. Like it or not, we currently have very restrictive gun laws. You can either take an active role in changing that (which I hope you are) or you can sit behind a keyboard, and tell a bunch of other gun enthusiasts that would probably be your ally that they are full of crap for having ANY belief that may differ from yours.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The Constitution and Bill of Rights have nothing to do with patting oneself on the back...except that cowards might feel that one espousing those documents is showing his *...so to speak.
    The reason for that being..those cowards have not the courage to speak out.

The blunt truth is...I have been on these forums for somewhere around 7 years or so. I have been talking about the Constitution and Bill of Rights...and more specifically, the Second Amendment ..for about 40-odd years.

Those are facts. There is no `back-patting' involved. Not from me..and damn sure not from gun controllers like you. I have been attacked from every level ..from the verbal to actual physical attacks..and legally, also, for my position concerning the Second Amendment.

Does the term...'piss-off' ..mean anything to you ?
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    The Constitution and Bill of Rights have nothing to do with patting oneself on the back...except that cowards might feel that one espousing those documents is showing his *...so to speak.
    The reason for that being..those cowards have not the courage to speak out.

The blunt truth is...I have been on these forums for somewhere around 7 years or so. I have been talking about the Constitution and Bill of Rights...and more specifically, the Second Amendment ..for about 40-odd years.

Those are facts. There is no `back-patting' involved. Not from me..and damn sure not from gun controllers like you. I have been attacked from every level ..from the verbal to actual physical attacks..and legally, also, for my position concerning the Second Amendment.

"Does the term...'piss-off' ..mean anything to you ?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DITTO !!!!! DFWU
    Abort Cuomo
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What have you been doing besides talking on this fourm for the last 7 years?
    edited November -1
    Nice response HB,BUT you don't know anything about me, so calling me a gun controller is beyond what you do know. I also don't know squat about you, only what I;ve read here. You could be out in the trenchs,so to speak fighting gun control every day or you could just be sitting there posting most of the time about how great you are and how much you have done to get this country back on her feet. Some of your post suggest you might be a member of a highly organized militia. You said yourself your are fighting for our rights one man at a time, good for you, we all do our part for that. Like I said you don't know anything about me, so don't try to put a tag on me.
    edited November -1
    quote:Like I said you don't know anything about me, so don't try to put a tag on me.
    I see you advocating we 'join with the NRA'. That indicates rank ignorance of and trust in that organization...for the NRA will allow NOBODY to 'join' officially as an organization without obedience to their gun control stand. Witness their aversion to JPFO, over the years...
    You support the NRA ;
    You support Gun Control. Pretty simple, really.

Now, your arrogance in `putting a tag on ME'...while crying about the very real observation I make about you is amusing, to say the least.

Once again ;
    I stand squarely upon the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Nothing I say is original in the least. I merely repeat what those giants of men said in the far distant past.

Now...if you are hurling rocks at me...it should be completely obvious to even the most obtuse that there MUST be a separation between us sufficient for you to THROW those rocks...
    Where does that leave YOU standing ?

As for you, Slumlord ?
    If the mere THOUGHT crossed my mind in the last seven years that gun control by government is INSANE...I did more for the cause of freedom then you in your entire lifetime of obedience to and w horeship of the Beast.
    edited November -1
    I did not advocate joining the NRA, I posted about writting to many pro gun organizations about joining forces, not anywhere in that post did I suggest joining the NRA.
  • YogsoggyYogsoggy Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a member of many gun rights groups. That said I doubt a guy pounding his keyboard is a match to the NRA representing our gun rights interests. We all do it but do we all realize it?

The problem is many folks on the internet are living within a reality that may simply be their own. I own over 40 firearms, and run my own company my view of the issue will be different from a school teachers or recluse or what have you. We all see things from our own delusions, and yes everyone is delusional to some extant. Obviously as we let Obama win.

Many think dogmatically and often unrealistically with what will happen. I have no time for that, I'm a middle aged man who wants a "winnable" fight. Who wants REAL results. I don't care what your issues are and only want no more rights being taken away.

Bombastic speech and ad hominem attacks by most of us do nothing but make the speaker appear demented and out of touch. I fall into the path often, perhaps out of passion, low blood sugar or just hopelessness.

Again we all do it, but most of us here agree that Freedoms lost are rarely regained. America signed away it's rights with Obama so what do we do now? All those gun bans are going to be permanent.

Are we just going to attack each other and be the shills of the left or will we unite, take back the senate and the House with winnable candidates and stop it.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Yogsoggy

Many think dogmatically and often unrealistically with what will happen. I have no time for that, I'm a middle aged man who wants a "winnable" fight. Who wants REAL results. I don't care what your issues are and only want no more rights being taken away.

Again we all do it, but most of us here agree that Freedoms lost are rarely regained. America signed away it's rights with Obama so what do we do now? All those gun bans are going to be permanent.

Are we just going to attack each other and be the shills of the left or will we unite, take back the senate and the House with winnable candidates and stop it.

Yogsoggy:

The problem many see (myself included) with a 'winnable fight' is typically the victory comes with an added governmental mandate. CCW laws are the perfect example, and they in and of themselves expose the NRA for the shill organization that it has become.

CCW laws regulate only those who submit to be regulated; those that abide by the law. These are the very people that need no regulation what-so-ever. One then counters that the a CCW permit requires training and vetting. This is, again by definition, an infringement on the right to keep and bear.

The NRA is big on the implementation of CCW permitting, complete with training and certifying. Who does the training, and who does the certification? A conflict of interest at best, self-perpetuation at worst.

Lastly, in reading American Rifleman, America's First Freedom, and listening to Cam and Company, one endlessly hears the phrase 'Right to Carry permit holder'. This juxtaposition of opposites should clue one in immediately that the organization and the people therein either have no clear concept of a right and should thus remove themselves from the fray, or, and this is more likely, they perpetuate the division to fill their coffers and to ensure that the NRA-ILA has a cause for the foreseeable future.

It is these 'winnable fights' that, with the blessing of the NRA, further cement government's ability to license, regulate, register and legislate. It is these winnable fights that push back the true cause with every 'victory'.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:That said I doubt a guy pounding his keyboard is a match to the NRA representing our gun rights interests. We all do it but do we all realize it?
    Sorry to have to break it to you this brutally ..but any ONE of us that understands the terms taken together .."Shall Not be Infringed"...has done FAR more for `our gun rights' then the NRA has in the last 70 years.
    Perhaps after you take the opportunity to educate yourself, you will understand this startling statement a bit better.

quote:The problem is many folks on the internet are living within a reality that may simply be their own. I own over 40 firearms, and run my own company my view of the issue will be different from a school teachers or recluse or what have you. We all see things from our own delusions, and yes everyone is delusional to some extant.
    Yes, obviously you and millions more ..those supporting the NRA, for instance...are indeed delusional. Delusional to an extremely dangerous degree...delusional to the extent that you will sell out the Republic to a few slick talkers in thousand dollar suits.

There are a few of us..precious few, remnants really ..that are not afflicted with that particular madness. You see them as the Canary *, on this forum...and they are scattered throughout this country.

quote:Obviously as we let Obama win.
    Obviously, yet another example of the delusion you suffer under. You actually...ACTUALLY ..in SPITE of the evidence...feel that the republican candidate would be somehow `better' for America.

What a sad delusion THAT is.

quote:Many think dogmatically and often unrealistically with what will happen. I have no time for that, I'm a middle aged man who wants a "winnable" fight. Who wants REAL results. I don't care what your issues are and only want no more rights being taken away.
    II frankly don't give a rats ax about your willingness to trade your childrens' future for your present comfort.
    This is all factored in...that is why we talk about the `three percent'.
    Most of you will sit on your hands when the situation deteriorates to the point that there is absolutely nothing left for a man to do but FIGHT...we don't expect you there.

Rest easy in your Laz-Z-Boy..

quote:Bombastic speech and ad hominem attacks by most of us do nothing but make the speaker appear demented and out of touch. I fall into the path often, perhaps out of passion, low blood sugar or just hopelessness.
    My speech is carefully tailored to bring out the fight in a man. The smart ones realize quickly that they have no fight with ME..that the proper response is realization that we SHOULD be standing back-to-back ..fighting an impersonal Beast that is preparing to devour us ALL..

Those are the men I am interested in. The rest...those that come and go, hurling their utterly brilliant observations, deep thought processes and endless accusations...I use only as a vehicle to reveal how they are merely parroting the NRA or some government propaganda instilled in them from birth.

quote:Again we all do it, but most of us here agree that Freedoms lost are rarely regained.
    Yes...most of you NRA members believe this reverently, passionately, and without reservation.
    To do otherwise brings you to the edge of a terrifying precipice...that juncture at which the Founders shouted.."ENOUGH"...AT THAT BRIDGE, LONG, LONG AGO...

I regret to inform you, for your OWN peace of mind ..on this forum, you stand only with the likes of Trfox and a few others that occasionally dare to venture over here.
    We that regularly post do not share your sentiment about freedom..OR Rights.

quote: America signed away it's rights with Obama so what do we do now? All those gun bans are going to be permanent
    You repeat it yet again..as if somehow the decline of America started with Obama. The man hasn't signed a single bill, directed a single agency. given a single order pertaining to the future of America...yet he is the cause of all our troubles.

Can you say..."Party Hack" ? A rather low form of humanity, I must say..entirely too bad that this is what America, and the american male has degenerated to.
    edited November -1
    quote:That said I doubt a guy pounding his keyboard is a match to the NRA representing our gun rights interests. We all do it but do we all realize it?
    Sorry to have to break it to you this brutally ..but any ONE of us that understands the terms taken together .."Shall Not be Infringed"...has done FAR more for `our gun rights' then the NRA has in the last 70 years.
    Perhaps after you take the opportunity to educate yourself, you will understand this startling statement a bit better.

quote:The problem is many folks on the internet are living within a reality that may simply be their own. I own over 40 firearms, and run my own company my view of the issue will be different from a school teachers or recluse or what have you. We all see things from our own delusions, and yes everyone is delusional to some extant.
    Yes, obviously you and millions more ..those supporting the NRA, for instance...are indeed delusional. Delusional to an extremely dangerous degree...delusional to the extent that you will sell out the Republic to a few slick talkers in thousand dollar suits.

There are a few of us..precious few, remnants really ..that are not afflicted with that particular madness. You see them as the Canary *, on this forum...and they are scattered throughout this country.

quote:Obviously as we let Obama win.
    Obviously, yet another example of the delusion you suffer under. You actually...ACTUALLY ..in SPITE of the evidence...feel that the republican candidate would be somehow `better' for America.

What a sad delusion THAT is.

quote:Many think dogmatically and often unrealistically with what will happen. I have no time for that, I'm a middle aged man who wants a "winnable" fight. Who wants REAL results. I don't care what your issues are and only want no more rights being taken away.
    II frankly don't give a rats ax about your willingness to trade your childrens' future for your present comfort.
    This is all factored in...that is why we talk about the `three percent'.
    Most of you will sit on your hands when the situation deteriorates to the point that there is absolutely nothing left for a man to do but FIGHT...we don't expect you there.

Rest easy in your Laz-Z-Boy..

quote:Bombastic speech and ad hominem attacks by most of us do nothing but make the speaker appear demented and out of touch. I fall into the path often, perhaps out of passion, low blood sugar or just hopelessness.
    The smart ones realize quickly that they have no fight with ME..that the proper response is realization that we SHOULD be standing back-to-back ..fighting an impersonal Beast that is preparing to devour us ALL..

Those are the men I am interested in. The rest...those that come and go, hurling their utterly brilliant observations, deep thought processes and endless accusations...I use only as a vehicle to reveal how they are merely parroting the NRA or some government propaganda instilled in them from birth.

quote:Again we all do it, but most of us here agree that Freedoms lost are rarely regained.
    Yes...most of you NRA members believe this reverently, passionately, and without reservation.
    To do otherwise brings you to the edge of a terrifying precipice...that juncture at which the Founders shouted.."ENOUGH"...AT THAT BRIDGE, LONG, LONG AGO...

I regret to inform you, for your OWN peace of mind ..on this forum, you stand only with the likes of Trfox and a few others that occasionally dare to venture over here.
    We that regularly post do not share your sentiment about freedom..OR Rights.

quote: America signed away it's rights with Obama so what do we do now? All those gun bans are going to be permanent
    You repeat it yet again..as if somehow the decline of America started with Obama. The man hasn't signed a single bill, directed a single agency. given a single order pertaining to the future of America...yet he is the cause of all our troubles.

Can you say..."Party Hack" ? A rather low form of humanity, I must say..entirely too bad that this is what America, and the american male has degenerated to.
    edited November -1
    Brilliant thrust...straight to the heart.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball maybe a loud, rude, overbearing, narsisistic * MOST of time. But I also believe him to have a good heart and the best intentions for this country as it was meant to be as stated in the constitution. And though we disagree on tactics and how we approach things, I would trust him to do the right thing. Because MOST of what he says is true. His approach is the ONLY thing I have to differ with him on. *L* As I'm fairly he would say as well.
    (Maybe).
    Statements regarding the NRA are Absolutly right on. I have no love for that group. They are not what they started as. But then, niether is the country.

And briar,, The downfall of this country may not have started with Obamalama, but he sure as hell will finish the job. I have said it over and over, this is going to be a very dangerous and disasterous 4 years for this country. God Help us ALL.
    edited November -1
    OOPS I don't spend a lot of time pounding on my keyboard so that quote and add comment got messed up. My comment was there you go patting yourself on the back again. Reading your posts one gets the impression that you and only you are doing something to fight the gun grabbers. You may not twist your own arm patting yourself but if you don't come down off your own inflated ego your head may explode.
    edited November -1
    45long it wasn't me who said the downfall started with nobama. As far as HB being loud , brutal and all the other things he and the rest of you think hr is, you don't get out much into the real world.
    edited November -1
    Highball your ideals are internet bravado buddy, and to think I'm a 'republican hack" is a joke. What you don't get Is I agree with most of what you say (Perhaps 95%) but the ways you speak about solutions are often failing.

I quote you
    "You repeat it yet again..as if somehow the decline of America started with Obama. The man hasn't signed a single bill, directed a single agency. given a single order pertaining to the future of America...yet he is the cause of all our troubles."

Highball, are you a democratic shill, totally uniformed on Obama or just off your meds today? Any vote not against Obama is a collaboration to PERMANENTLY steal our rights.

Is does not matter if we agree on how the founders planned it, it does not matter that we agree on anything. What matters is we are BOTH screwed now as gun owners because Obama will harm our rights.

In the world of adults we don't assume OUR SOLUTION is the only solution. Your view on fixing things is unworkable in the real world, you are annoying because the world will not listen to us when we come off like a "Jerry Springer" guest ranting and attacking. Or trying to speak as though your Moses climbing the mount..

It's scary that my fellow gun owners don't realize that OBAMA (a committed leftist) has already spoken about putting other left wing anti-gun judges on the lower courts.

He will also get to choose some new supreme court judges as well.

They have enough votes in the senate and the house to not only Reinstate the "Assault Weapons" Ban but make it permanent.

So Highball, you think I'm chicken little yelling the sky is falling well tell me how it aint?

Tell me Highball my buddy, how is this NOT a threat to us?
    edited November -1
    Let me explain.
    I hope and TRUST that obama does all those things you worry about. I hope he signs the Global Poverty Act. Contained within that Act is a total ban on small arms.

You then will be faced with EXACTLY the same decision the Founders were faced with.

I have made MY decision.
    I am SICK of having this discussion over and over and over...with people that refuse to face facts.
    Your studied, serious, well-thought out vote for mccain..'because he is better then the other guy'...is in reality merely absolute proof that your are incapable of learning from history..and totally incapable of facing reality. Never in history has so much information been available to the average Citizen of this country .and there was no mystery of the basic evil of mccain.

It will be entertaining...in a gallows humor sort of way...to watch folks like you make YOUR decision.

You get to decide...perhaps for the first time in your life ;
    Am I an American ;
    Or am I not ?

No American will turn in weapons...unless needed for a short term gain.
    That gain being to stay alive long enough to sharpen a butter knife and get a REAL Assault weapon from the warm dead body of a Beast-Man.

Gun controllers, their point men, their yesmen, and all that embrace gun control are the ENEMIES of all that Americans' hold dear.
    Gun control violates every tenet of the compact between a free people and their government.
    edited November -1
    Let me explain.
    I hope and TRUST that obama does all those things you worry about. I hope he signs the Global Poverty Act. Contained within that Act is a total ban on small arms.

You then will be faced with EXACTLY the same decision the Founders were faced with.

I have made MY decision.
    I am SICK of having this discussion over and over and over...with people that refuse to face facts.
    Your studied, serious, well-thought out vote for mccain..'because he is better then the other guy'...is in reality merely absolute proof that your are incapable of learning from history..and totally incapable of facing reality. Never in history has so much information been available to the average Citizen of this country .and there was no mystery of the basic evil of mccain.

It will be entertaining...in a gallows humor sort of way...to watch folks like you make YOUR decision.

You get to decide...perhaps for the first time in your life ;
    Am I an American ;
    Or am I not ?

No American will turn in weapons...unless needed for a short term gain.
    That gain being to stay alive long enough to sharpen a butter knife and get a REAL Assault weapon from the warm dead body of a Beast-Man.

Gun controllers, their point men, their yesmen, and all that embrace gun control are the ENEMIES of all that Americans' hold dear.
    Gun control violates every tenet of the compact between a free people and their government.

Oh I get it, your Crazy.

They will NOT try to take your guns, they will stop others from buying them.

They will make ammunition dealers go bankrupt. Gun manufacturers out of business..

Molon Labs not Lube.. but we are screwed either way. I''m sorry that you wanted this but your end result was ill thought... It's the industry their after beastman not you... I'm guessing your a guy pushing 50 within 20yrs of a heart attack. You won't live long enough to see a revolution.

If a revolution ever happens it's years away. They are attacking the industry now, and will mostly defeat it within 15-20 years at most and perhaps as soon as 5-10 for smaller ones.

You think it's funny to fiddle like Nero while Romes burning? WTH(udge)?
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Yogsoggy, perhaps you might gain from consideration of the idea that Obama's "election" is nothing more than the continuation of a status quo that has been in process since (at least) the Lincoln presidency.

All of this "us versus them" drama is a smoke screen designed to distract our attention from what the people who actually control this country are doing.

The only reason why these empty suits are able to control us is because we allow it. What will a few thousand elites who could not survive without their servants and paid security patrols do when millions of us stand up and shout "ENOUGH, NO MORE"?

We are quite fortunate in this age of instant communication over great distances. All that is required is that a few "keyboard commandos" keep pounding out the message until those millions open their eyes and get up on their hind legs and act. That can happen; if not, why bother to continue our lives? We in America have something that others have never experienced - we have tasted freedom. Others have always been subjects of either a monarchy or a dictatorial government with utter control of their entire existence.

Rather than roll over and accept the shackles we need to escape from the idea of voting our corrupt political puke into office instead of theirs, we need to wake others up and contribute something that will actually positively affect their/our lives.

Oh, and BTW, I'm pushing 55 and fighting cancer. No doubt I won't live to see a revolution either, but if I can provide (at least) education and (at most) some weapons and ammunition for the young guys that will need them, then I will have done my part. What about you?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Yogsoggy, perhaps you might gain from consideration of the idea that Obama's "election" is nothing more than the continuation of a status quo that has been in process since (at least) the Lincoln presidency.

All of this "us versus them" drama is a smoke screen designed to distract our attention from what the people who actually control this country are doing.

The only reason why these empty suits are able to control us is because we allow it. What will a few thousand elites who could not survive without their servants and paid security patrols do when millions of us stand up and shout "ENOUGH, NO MORE"?

We are quite fortunate in this age of instant communication over great distances. All that is required is that a few "keyboard commandos" keep pounding out the message until those millions open their eyes and get up on their hind legs and act. That can happen; if not, why bother to continue our lives? We in America have something that others have never experienced - we have tasted freedom. Others have always been subjects of either a monarchy or a dictatorial government with utter control of their entire existence.

Rather than roll over and accept the shackles we need to escape from the idea of voting our corrupt political puke into office instead of theirs, we need to wake others up and contribute something that will actually positively affect their/our lives.

Oh, and BTW, I'm pushing 55 and fighting cancer. No doubt I won't live to see a revolution either, but if I can provide (at least) education and (at most) some weapons and ammunition for the young guys that will need them, then I will have done my part. What about you?

Agreed, but their all corrupt politicians. There are no good ones. Good people invest their time into their wives and children not pursuing the vainglorious path of politics.

Internet chatter won't help...We need to protest, picket these guys..show discontent more than speak about it.

We need a mainstream face to change hearts but the media is against us. Even FOX NEWS is anti-gun so where do we turn?

We ARE fighting a war, but it's a war of ideas. I did not like McCain but he was a thousand times better than Obama. Palin was even better.

Now we are in a bad place, it might take 40 years to just get back to where we are now. I'm pushing 40 and a diabetic..I want to see the American dream while I'm alive! I'm watching the left steal my world and apparently America is fine with it.

I don't want to sound crazy or extreme but Obama is like Hitler, the Democrats like the Nazi party and the Media the Propaganda machine with the US falling to Obama like Germany did to Hitler.

He even has a symbol! instead of a Swastika in a circle its a sunrise, instead of an SS he wants a Workersarmy. I know he's not Hitler but you can see how he is using many of Hitlers style to win the masses.

Now Obama is talking to England about regulating the internet with ratings systems. We WILL lose the legal battles for our Rights most likely for both of our lifetimes and I see Obama and the media going to stifle our voices about it as well.

This should not be happening...
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:We need a mainstream face to change hearts but the media is against us. Even FOX NEWS is anti-gun so where do we turn?Exactly. The government media complex is nothing but a propaganda machine. The internet is our vehicle.

quote:We ARE fighting a war, but it's a war of ideas. I did not like McCain but he was a thousand times better than Obama. Palin was even better.I do not agree. The difference is shallow - McCain has always demonstrated that he is the same as Obama, simply more sneaky. Are you familiar with the "stalking horse" story? Hunters used to use a "stalking horse" to get close to bison. They would not be alarmed by a horse, so the hunter hid behind it to get close enough for a good shot. Palin was/is the "stalking horse." We are the bison.

quote:Now we are in a bad place, it might take 40 years to just get back to where we are now. I'm pushing 40 and a diabetic..I want to see the American dream while I'm alive! I'm watching the left steal my world and apparently America is fine with it.Voting for the lesser of two evils will not accomplish your task.

quote:I don't want to sound crazy or extreme but Obama is like Hitler, the Democrats like the Nazi party and the Media the Propaganda machine with the US falling to Obama like Germany did to Hitler.The analogy is frightening, although I believe that Mussolini's history is even closer.

quote:He even has a symbol! instead of a Swastika in a circle its a sunrise, instead of an SS he wants a Workersarmy. I know he's not Hitler but you can see how he is using many of Hitlers style to win the masses.Yes, indeed. Hitler's rise to power included the "hope and change" and "spread the wealth" speeches also. Obama's "civilian police force" is also quite analogous to the Gestapo.

quote:Now Obama is talking to England about regulating the internet with ratings systems. We WILL lose the legal battles for our Rights most likely for both of our lifetimes and I see Obama and the media going to stifle our voices about it as well.Nothing new there. The government, never happy with anything that a large number of people enjoy without sticking their finger into it, has long been trying to institute some method of regulation/taxation of the internet.

quote:This should not be happening...No, it should not. Electing Obamacain is not the solution, though.

BTW, I'm with Highball on your remark that someone who cannot be trusted with a machinegun should not be allowed to vote. I'll be using it often! [;)]
    edited November -1
    Good.
    If freedom isn't worth fighting for...then it isn't worth having.

Put this another way;
    Those who will not fight for freedom...do not deserve nor can they handle the personal responsibility that COMES with freedom.
    That means fully 80 % of the people that live in this country are subjects...by their OWN hand.

Bluntly, yet again....prepare to fight...or go get yourself, you wife, and children suitable lengths of chains and the manacles to compliment those chains.

I hope that soon you will get all these scenarios off your chest. Every one you have brought up has been considered, talked about, and ultimately, rejected.

In the final analyses, they are all meaningless. What will be, will be..and the best we can hope for is, by withdrawing our support from the lesser corruption of the mccains, is to have it in our lifetimes.

Voting mccain virtually guarantees that the process will slow down enough to ensure it is pushed off on your children.
    Man OUGHT to be deeply ashamed of an action like that............
    edited November -1
    What do you do when Obama starts regulating the internet?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Yogsoggy
    Agreed, but their all corrupt politicians. There are no good ones. Good people invest their time into their wives and children not pursuing the vainglorious path of politics.

Internet chatter won't help...We need to protest, picket these guys..show discontent more than speak about it.

We need a mainstream face to change hearts but the media is against us. Even FOX NEWS is anti-gun so where do we turn?

We ARE fighting a war, but it's a war of ideas. I did not like McCain but he was a thousand times better than Obama. Palin was even better.

Now we are in a bad place, it might take 40 years to just get back to where we are now. I'm pushing 40 and a diabetic..I want to see the American dream while I'm alive! I'm watching the left steal my world and apparently America is fine with it.

I don't want to sound crazy or extreme but Obama is like Hitler, the Democrats like the Nazi party and the Media the Propaganda machine with the US falling to Obama like Germany did to Hitler.

He even has a symbol! instead of a Swastika in a circle its a sunrise, instead of an SS he wants a Workersarmy. I know he's not Hitler but you can see how he is using many of Hitlers style to win the masses.

Now Obama is talking to England about regulating the internet with ratings systems. We WILL lose the legal battles for our Rights most likely for both of our lifetimes and I see Obama and the media going to stifle our voices about it as well.

This should not be happening...
    Obama is not the problem, he is simply a very obvious symptom. The problem, simply put, is that Government views itself as the country and the people are here to serve and perpetuate it.

IMO, Obama being elected will be better long-term for gun owners than McCain. As a wise man once said:

'If you want your son to be able to own an AR, vote McCain. If you want your great-grandson to be able to own an AR, vote Obama.'

Lastly, any mainstream face that has been presented is simply more of the same. You can count on one finger the number of POTUS candidates in the past 50 years who expressed a freedom-minded approach to gun rights. He received less than 1% of the vote. It is the mainstream face for gun rights that has conditioned the populace to acquiesce to restriction. In today's America, mainstream is preserving the status quo.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Briar,, I get out plenty thanks. But I also have a way of talking with other that is a little more subtle than HB. He knows how I am. And I understand him. If you looked at my Bio, you would see what I do. So I get plenty of chances to hear loud and unruely people in the "real World". So when I am not dealing with that I choose to communicate with less venom than some.