In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The NRA called me yesterday

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
Yes and I told the gal that the NRA supports gun control and that I don't want any part of that. Then hung up on her.
Recently I read the NRA was against a county by county CCW law in Illinois too.[:(!]
To the best of my knowledge that's the first time they've ever called me.
Are they getting desperate for $$$ because of the recession?

Comments

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure the membership drops when the economy tanks out. They can be very proactive in asking for donations.
    OR
    Maybe (hopefully) people are wising up to the fact that they are not totally protecting our rights.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • idahogunbrokeridahogunbroker Member Posts: 131 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a Recruiter for the NRA and I find the information posted hard to believe. Just to let you know. Since Obama won the election the membership has gone wild.
    Bill Butler
    Idaho Gun Broker[8)]
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Bill, believe it........or not. There is alot of info on how the NRA colluded with gun control advocates in writing, and getting passed legislation directly contradicting the second amendment. Do search, the facts are there if you have the ability to look objectively and not through Wayne colored glasses. You would do better to recruit for a no-compromise group like JPFO or GOA.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a Recruiter for the NRA and I find the information posted hard to believe.

Bill; believe it. The NRA has supported most major pieces of restrictive legislation since the 1930's, including NFA34 and GCA 68. It is documented, and it is fact.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Yes and I told the gal that the NRA supports gun control and that I don't want any part of that. Then hung up on her.
    Recently I read the NRA was against a county by county CCW law in Illinois too.[:(!]

Well at least someone called you!
    Saved you that weekly phone expense to "rent-a-friend."[:o)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

[:D] [:D] Yeah even those bastiches are raising their rates now. This recession is much worse than I thought.
    At least they never say no.[:D] [:D]

Bud Bundy is who I really am.[8D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

[:D] [:D] Yeah even those bastiches are raising their rates now. This recession is much worse than I thought.
    At least they never say no.[:D] [:D]

Bud Bundy is who I really am.[8D]

The picture of you as "Grandmaster B" is not a pretty one![8D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sumbaches tried to call me the other day when we were gone. The caller ID said NRA. I wonder what they want with little ol me?[:0]
  • Seth JaegerSeth Jaeger Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are not a member of the NRA, then join. Have you tried to buy .380 ammo lately? You can't. .45 ammo is going up in price. Major sporting goods stores are sold out. I don't own a .380, but my local gun store has 10 boxes left, and more than 10 .380's on display. They say they can't get any more.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:If you are not a member of the NRA, then join.And support those who undermine and erode Amendment II, turning it into a widely accepted "privilege", rather than the God-given, Natural Right that is is?

"Shall not be infringed". Those words were placed in Amendment II as an absolute prohibition on GOVERNMENT from interfering, controlling, regulating, or otherwise infringing on an individuals RTKBA, period, end of story.

Wayne "Iscariot" La Pee Air and NRA Spokes-Model Chris Cox, representing the "much vaunted" NRA, espouse that guns for sporting use, hunting, shooting sports and even self-defense, are fine for Americans to own, but with the caveat that government regulates that ownership, carry, sale and possession, aka the "PTKBA" (privilege to keep and bear arms).

Open your eyes please.[:)]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Seth Jaeger
    If you are not a member of the NRA, then join. Have you tried to buy .380 ammo lately? You can't. .45 ammo is going up in price. Major sporting goods stores are sold out. I don't own a .380, but my local gun store has 10 boxes left, and more than 10 .380's on display. They say they can't get any more.
    So if you're a member of the NRA you can get 380 ammo?
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So if you're a member of the NRA you can get 380 ammo?

Don't know about ammo, but sex occurs frequently;

You get f-cked all the time.
    edited November -1

and joining the NRA will help this HOW?

Forget that, I am still listed as an Endowmwnt Member, but have not send any $$$ in quite a while ( I credit that to the CA's educational campaign), and rip up every solicitation that comes in the mail.
    They have not called me...yet, but if they do, they're getting an earful.

Join a better group like GOA or JFPO, unless you're a Fudd[B)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

and joining the NRA will help this HOW?

Forget that, I am still listed as an Endowmwnt Member, but have not send any $$$ in quite a while ( I credit that to the CA's educational campaign), and rip up every solicitation that comes in the mail.
    They have not called me...yet, but if they do, they're getting an earful.

Join a better group like GOA or JFPO, unless you're a Fudd[B)]
    Brother PBJ[:)][:)][:)]
  • vbriggs82vbriggs82 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Sumbaches tried to call me the other day when we were gone. The caller ID said NRA. I wonder what they want with little ol me?[:0]

Money of course[:I] Thats what they always want.

Semper Fi