In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

fight before its too late

dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
i`m not from the U S , i live in australia. handgun ownership has been strictly regulated here since 1923. about the only way you can have them is to join a club , you cant carry them or hunt wioth them legally. until 1993 we didnt need a licence to possess guns with a barrel over 16 inches. we didnt have registration, in `93 we had to get a gun licence. in `96 there was a mass killing here, our government of the day(the equivelent of your republican party) sold us out and banned all semi auto rifles and shotguns and all pump action shotguns. we had to register everything we had. our guns that the government took were melted down for scrap. ..what i`m trying to say is, dont trust your politicians..none of them!! if it suits their political agenda they will sell you out too. the one thing in your favour is it isnt compulsory to vote so pro gun lobby groups have influence there, here if we dont vote we get fined, and if they want they can jail you. the government just ignore gun owners here now, and there isnt a damn thing we can do about it! when our constitution was drawn up it was taken for granted that it was a right to own guns, so they never bothered to put it in the constitution...i wish to god they did!!!!!now if someone breaks into your house and rapes your wife or daughter or tries to kill you you have to call the cops and hope like hell that they get here fast, it stinks, we cant own anything for self defence, not even a baseball bat, if your excuse for having something is for self defence you will be charged for possesion of an offensive weapon.only the criminals have rights, and only criminals can carry guns ( i do carry illegally, and i`m proud of it, the politicians forced me to break the law to defend my family, and i`ll go to hell before i let my family down)as the saying goes " WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS" i wish there was something we could do about it, but there isnt...at least you can still fight for your rights..and believe me, if the bans happen there they will happen overnight!! good luck to you all.

Comments

• Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep...I try everyday...Our goverment sucks, we need another civil war, and this one...well the rebs will win
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very interesting..can you tell us what was the mass killing in 96' ?

Was the Australian people as heavily armed as we Americans are ?

I have read that there are over 200 million firearms in American hands. That is a lot of guns to confiscate. I suspect that our government will get maybe ten or fifteen of them before all hell breaks loose !
    Abort Cuomo
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    the mass killing happened in my home state . its called tasmania(yep, where the tasmanian devil in the cortoon comes from)..a "LONE GUNMAN" killed 35 people and wounded a heap, it happened at an historical site called PORT ARTHUR . before 1996 australia would have at least equelled the U S as far as gun ownership was concerned.there are about 22 million australians and in 1986 i saw a story in my local newspaper that the estimate was about 3 firearms for every australian..thats a lot of guns, and we didnt have a major crime problem here then either...its getting worse here every day now!! and the lousy politicians say we need more gun control..these crimes are committed by criminals who dont have a licence or registered guns so how the hell can taking my gun from me when im not doing anything wrong is going to stop the criminals is beyond me!! i just get angry every time i think about it, i appolagise for ranting on, but i tell you all now....if you give into your politicians on one thing it wont be long before they want you to give in on something else and before you know it you will be the same as us...a criminal because you want to protect your family...its enough to make you want to cry with anger and frustration!!!!!aaaaaggggghhhhhh. we should hang all politicians, and feed them to the sharks!!!!if you want any more specific info about our tyranical gun laws or our "GREAT DEMOCRACY" WHERE IF YOU DONT VOTE YOU ARE FINED THEN ASK AWAY...IT HELPS ME BLOW OFF A HEAD OF STEAM TO TALK IT OUT...
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan, thanks for posting. Here are a few of my thoughts...

1. You live under a tyrannical oppressive government that has denied you your inherent human right of self defense. We should all acknowledge this, as tyranny does not always come in the form of a dictator and it doesn't always stay in the Third World.

2. The people of Australia, Canada, South Africa, Great Britain, and all other British possessions have never had true freedom. They are not CITIZENS of the British government (or any derivative government), they are indeed SUBJECTS of the British Monarchy. This has made it all the easier for an oppressive regime to take over a subjected and placated populace that has been trained to bow down to a monarch for centuries.

3. The acceptance of ANY restriction on possession of ANY firearm (such as the handgun restriction from 1923 that you cite) by ANY government or dictator is a slippery slope that WILL inevitably end with a total gun confiscation. No matter how benign or reasonable a restriction may seem, the alterior motive is the complete disarmament of the populace, albeit perhaps years, decades, or centuries down the line. Our acceptance of disarmament began in America in 1934, thus betraying everything that our Patriots fought for in the American Revolution. Ever since then we have experienced the slow bleed of our human right to self defense and the further intrusion of tyranny in our lives.

4. I admire you for wanting to protect yourself, your family, and your property. But realize, you are hereby considered an enemy of your state (and may be in danger by posting in these forums). Realize that if you are discovered, you will be persecuted, and it is unlikely that you will find allies among your neighbors as they have been bred to be the bewildered sheep that have gotten you and your country into this mess to begin with!
    edited November -1
    thankyou wounded wolf...you understand where i`m coming from...it isnt nice to live in fear of your own government...i`m at the stage now where i dont care if my government persecutes me for being armed to protect my family....i would die for them in an instant...but since 1996 i WILL NEVER die for my country. my country sold me out, my loyalty to australia died on the day i had my guns stolen by the politicians here.ive always wanted to visit the U S but i wont ever go there now because i fear that if i got there i would never leave and your country is like mine..over run by illegal aliens...and i bet your government is the same as mine and does nothing except waste my tax dollars looking after them...again i thank you for understanding how i feel..
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    thankyou wounded wolf...you understand where i`m coming from...it isnt nice to live in fear of your own government...i`m at the stage now where i dont care if my government persecutes me for being armed to protect my family....i would die for them in an instant...but since 1996 i WILL NEVER die for my country. my country sold me out, my loyalty to australia died on the day i had my guns stolen by the politicians here.ive always wanted to visit the U S but i wont ever go there now because i fear that if i got there i would never leave and your country is like mine..over run by illegal aliens...and i bet your government is the same as mine and does nothing except waste my tax dollars looking after them...again i thank you for understanding how i feel..

Dan,.......are you sure you have never lived here!
    Sounds like you know how things work.[:D][;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Dan,
    When I hear you say something like "I will never defend my country"
    it means to me that you belive ALL people in your country are not worth defending.

My personal belief is I WILL FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY (meaning the citizens), I will NOT however fight for the slimebag politicians. I don't belive elected, or otherwise,that they are citizens. They are SUPPOSED to be subjects to the people (as in subjects like British common folk), or sevants if you will.

Fighting FOR your country does NOT have to mean arming yourself, and shooting the tyrants. Start by educating your people about the matter of arms.

We are on your side Dan. We understand exactly how you feel about being disarmed.
    edited November -1
    yes!!! they are public servants...servants of the public!! and thats what they all seem to conveniatly forget!! the only time they seem to remember is at election time. thousands of us marched to keep our guns here, some of the biggest protest marches in the history of this country and we were ignored...i wanted us to all march WITH our guns but not many were interested, and its because we have always been conditioned to OBEY, and believe thatthe government knows best. north of us is indonesia, they have the biggest muslim population on earth..i`m not knocking their religion, thats their buisness but there is ample proof of militants there who want to invade my country and they only have to capture 1 police station and they will know the name address and details of every gun owner and their firearms for the whole country!! then we would be forced to hand ~em in or be shot!!just like the nazi`s in europe, our politicians force our military to train their elite troops and they have 1 million men in their army, their navy and airforce is strong and i`d stake my life that if we were invaded tonight that within 1 lousy week our politicians would surender and put us all into slavery!!! and the worst thing is that people here would expect the U S to send soldiers here to help us, and my view is why should they!! the best thing they could do is take in any australian who can get there and train us and then send us back with a rifle to free ourselves!!we need a civil war or rebellion here big time and then we can hand all our lousy politicians!!then we can start from scratch and have a safe country where rapists and murderers and robbers have no rights and victims have every right under the sun.i know it isnt right, but i have anger and real hatred for the leaders of my country and i will do anything i can to show people that we are not a demacracy and never will be until the people are listened to and OBEYED.our gun laws stink...if you are a soldier just returned from iraq or afganistan and want a gun to go hunting you first have to do a firearms training course!! i ask you why? it it a discrace to tell a returned infantry soldier that he cant be trusted to have a .22 rifle to go and shoot a rabbitt!!
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Is everybody listening???????

So Dan, did you guys have an "NRA" to "fight" (ha!) for your rights as they slipped away, like we do?
  • triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's lready too late. Bush is violating the 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments, and the 2nd amendmenters are sitting on their backsides, and whining, whining, whining, and doing nothing about
    it.
  • triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "2. The people of Australia, Canada, South Africa, Great Britain, and all other British possessions have never had true freedom."

Oh, BS. They are free to leave any time they want. They're just a bunch of whining do-nothing sissies.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    "2. The people of Australia, Canada, South Africa, Great Britain, and all other British possessions have never had true freedom."

Oh, BS. They are free to leave any time they want. They're just a bunch of whining do-nothing sissies.

That is a stupid statement. Does history teach you nothing? Do current events teach you nothing?

What would you have them do to not be "sissies"?

Should a country turn to rebellion and murder when the citizens disagree on policy?

The answer is not ALLWAYS violence. It should be a very last resort.

WE OURSELVES are at that crossroad. We have but one non-violent option left. That would be this upcoming whitehouse race. This is our LAST opppertunity to return to some semblence of a constitutional republic. We at this point have tumbled so FAR down the slope that are feet are allready wet in the river.

While I may not agree with other country's laws and politics, I am not going to flat out call the whole country "sissies". Remember OUR OWN country tolerated a bunch BEFORE we rebeled. The Brits we a bit of a thorn in our sides for some time preceeding that war.

The Aussies are in a DIFFERENT position.

You gonna make war with your .22 and take fire from a .308? Thier weapons were STOLEN from them. True, they should have fought then, BUT they are a more submissive people for the most part.

WE are becoming all too SUBMISSIVE. We face the SAME dangers.

Where are you going to move to when we are faced with a gun ban?
    edited November -1
    yes , we had an equvelent of the N R A here and still do, its the S.S.A.A. i have to hand it to them, they tried their guts out to get sensible laws introduced but they were told outright that the laws were going through no matter what people did or said..and we`ve been ignored ever since. ...are we a bunch a whining sissies?? i understand why you are saying that, but look at it this way..i bet if these same bans we got now were introduced in the U S you would say you would fight to the death to resist them, but what about your wife and kids? where would you send them to be safe? how long would you as the individual last in a gun fight with 200 or 300 cops blasting the crap out of your house? because that is what would happen...on your own you have no chance its only when you have a lot of people spread out all over the country who are prepared to fight at the same time for the same reason that you have any chance of getting the government to step back and say maybe we have gone to far...lets listen and talk to these people.there are cops here who hate these new laws as much as i do but as they have said , they swore on oath to uphold the law and if push came to shove they will do their duty! as said before, you have a chance through the ballot box, here we dont, the 2 major parties know one of them is going to control the country and they both support these laws..people arent going to vote a whole new party in to run a country just because that party is pro gun..there are other issues that people vote on in elections, not just one issue...your president keeps saying that "AUSTRALIA IS A GOOD FRIEND AND ALLY IN THE WAR ON TERROR, AND A GREAT DEMOCRACY" this is wrong, we arent a democracy...its supposed to be the right to choose if you vote or not..not to be allowed a free vote isnt democracy, to be made to vote isnt democracy!!!only when compulsory voting is got rid of here will we ever get these tyranical gun laws gone...the S.S.A.A keep trying to get the laws changed....i try to lobby to get rid of compulsory voting.i`d take up my rifle tommorrow and fight my government, but i`d die in 20 seconds flat on my own...and people here are just like MOST americans...honest law abiding citizens.