In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Washington State Assoult ban

tradertrader Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I watched Krem 2 news last week. Krem is the news station in Spokane. They announced the assault ban to be voted on the next day at 10 am well, they never advised a follow up as to the outcome however 200 pro gunners clogged the room with reps from NRA. Anyone out there know the outcome[?]

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    No new word that I heard.
  • dynamitedynamite Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trader
    I watched Krem 2 news last week. Krem is the news station in Spokane. They announced the assault ban to be voted on the next day at 10 am well, they never advised a follow up as to the outcome however 200 pro gunners clogged the room with reps from NRA. Anyone out there know the outcome[?]

What day specifically were you referring to as to when it is supposed to be voted on?
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball took care of it...he da man...just ask him[;)]
  • tradertrader Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dynamite

What day specifically were you referring to as to when it is supposed to be voted on?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dynamiteseems to me it was wed or thurs for the 10 am vote don't recall exactly.. sorry

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What was the final solution?
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by wpage
    [
    we have searched high and low as well as quizing the dealers and promoters of the three state gun shows have found nothing. It seems as tho the news media has closed the door on the subject! they confirmed the issue to be voted and when then just as quickly shut off the final outcome. We have heard that a partial bill was indeed passed but cnnot confirm to what degree or the content.so much for public access huh? Trader/quote]
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by wpage
    [
    we have searched high and low as well as quizing the dealers and promoters of the three state gun shows have found nothing. It seems as tho the news media has closed the door on the subject! they confirmed the issue to be voted and when then just as quickly shut off the final outcome. We have heard that a partial bill was indeed passed but cnnot confirm to what degree or the content.so much for public access huh? Trader/quote]

Link please.
    I wanna know if this AWB crap is real or not.
    edited November -1
    we do not know yet.There is a info lock on anything to do with the washington bill.It is not a rumor as the bill was broadcast originally by Krem 2 News on T.V. and in the Olympian Newspaper but no info on the next day voting results.NRA was at the original meeting and the bill is mentioned it the latest American Rifle Magazine. Trader
    edited November -1
    Gall-ee thats plain BS for them to do this. Typical media, always quick to block out the truth from the people.

So did it make into law then? I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Are you talking about SB 6396?
    If so, as of today.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2010&bill=6396

Yes thats the one. SB 6396. Thanks for the link pickenup, it's already been added to my "favorites" list but ironically I don't think it's worthy of being a "favorite" link of mine.

So it isn't considered to be voted in? Null and void for the time being I mean.
    Unless I missed something, the history section on there say's it hasn't been voted on yet so I'm gonna assume that would be a no.