In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If one can't intelligently discuss the 2nd

lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
Then certainly it will be slowly dissolved by the forces of mass stupidity led by the lovers of tyrany in the name of protection from the more apparent threat.[;)]

Woodsie

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, sounds about right. [:(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lcranch
    Then certainly it will be slowly dissolved by the forces of mass stupidity led by the lovers of tyrany in the name of protection from the more apparent threat.[;)]

Woodsie

[:(!]You r right,I don't like it but you are...Sooooo,what r YOU going to do bout it? L.H.
  • bluecollarbluecollar Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    intelligently discuss it? I didnt shoot anybody, commit armed robbery, or threaten anybody with my gun so i get to keep it. whats to discuss?

"We must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of fear we must fear most...and that is the indifference of good men"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:bluecollar Posted - 01/26/2004 : 11:19:19 PM
    intelligently discuss it? I didnt shoot anybody, commit armed robbery, or threaten anybody with my gun so i get to keep it. whats to discuss?

I sure hope this is in the spirit of defiance..instead of the spirit of typical blindness that passes for an American citizen today..

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • bluecollarbluecollar Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im simply saying I think we all agree that we have every right in America to buy as many and what ever kind of firearm we wish, I even have this crazy idea that registered militiamen should have the right to own the same firearms as our front lines, but when will that happen? Im not always the best words, my point was that I think we need to stop telling each other that we do have the right to own something that provides food, a very enjoyable sport, a big piece of the economy pie, and most importantly, something that keeps the government from turning to 1 man or elite group of men. We all know that already, otherwise we wouldnt be here. I wonder if anyone realizes that these scatterbrained politicians do have a reason and a line of thinking, no matter how thin or crooked it may be. Its quite clear that they dont like me shooting a deer (which could jump out in front of her daughter and kill her) because they think I will inevitably kill someone with it simply because my gun has that ability. Those onageres and * apparently live in a place where the only people that have guns have them illegally and use them for crime and these politicians gather votes off the sympathies of everyone who ever had a bad experience with a lowlife. We need to let them realize that we shouldnt take guns from good citizens, but start taking fingers from the criminals. Its obvious they dont care about jail time anymore, we need to do something they will see and remember and make a lasting impression on those who break the law. I guarantee you Im not one of the sheeple you so deservingly talk about, I vote, let my good ole Kansas congressmen know why I voted for them, and read American Rifleman cover to cover the day I get it. The problem wont get fixed until we take the fuel from the anti-defense politicians and make some laws that do more than give free 5-year gym memberships, meal plan, and crime school enrollments, and do something that will get the crackheads taking their stolen handguns to the nearest pawn shops.

"We must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of fear we must fear most...and that is the indifference of good men"
    edited November -1
    bluecollar;

Okay.I can agree with most of that.

The only reason to discuss at this late date..to find and bring aboard all that can be saved from the clutches of the mind-bending of the Beast.

I believe that the die has been cast..and we who believe in the Constitution will be poured into it and recast..into good little followers of the New World Order.

Only one thing can prevent that.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    what is that one thing? I need to know to make sure I have it or can get it.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    We need courage,my friend.
    Courage to do what is right when it is time.

And....God,Guts,and Guns.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's all the discussion anyone will get out of me.

The 2nd Amendment is a God given right, and appears to be a universal doctrine among most of the religions throughout the world. This means that, while others are tripping over each other in an attempt to make themselves safer, and put their trust in a body of elitists that care nothing about their welfare, I will not be joining them. Gun control is a way to deny a right, but that changes nothing, because I still have a right to own weapons. It means I have to look harder for them.

This is my stand on it, completely free of all statistics, philosophies (except my own, of course), vexations and pragmatic arguments. The fact that my viewpoint is also sound in statistical, criminological, religious, pragmatic application, and tried and true application only shows I am correct, regardless of what the vile antigun liars think.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen, Gunphreak!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
  • VatsyayanaVatsyayana Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Self-defense is a basic right of life, not of law nor man.
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I really have to say about the whole recasting thing highball is.....GUNS UP!! I will have to draw a line and when it is crossed I will defend the constitution I swore an oath to protect years ago.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Vatsyayana
    Self-defense is a basic right of life, not of law nor man.

I completely and totally agree with your statement Vatsyayana. And one would really wonder why ANY reasonable person would try and disagree with you. But such people are out there and strangely they are very active people in regards to working against the simple, honest and reasonable thought you posted. I was talking with an attorney who is handling a court case for his client who is being prosecuted because the client used a handgun to protect his family by shooting a burgler/home invader. In that city it is illegal to own a handgun. The lawyer truthfully could not understand the thinking of people who would pass such laws that would restrict a lawful citizen from possessing a handgun in the privacy of his own home and then prosecute that citizen when he is forced to use that handgun to protect his family.

I told that lawyer I could explain his question in one simple sentence: "The left-wing, liberal, anti-self defense radicals see the world as they want it to be ; not as it is."

The anti-gun liberals truly bellieve we don't need guns for defense because they believe there are no truly evil people out there; just misunderstood people who have been deprived of their rightful opportunities.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

I just hop that there are enough........God grant us all the courage we will need if it happens......meantime God grant us the wisdom to make the changes so it don't HAVE TO....Either way.....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bluecollar

yup
    edited November -1
    quote:bluecollar Posted - 01/26/2004 : 11:19:19 PM

I sure hope this is in the spirit of defiance..instead of the spirit of typical blindness that passes for an American citizen today..

God,Guts,& Guns<BR>Have we lost all 3 ??<BR>

ya....spirit...of....Defiance...
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the only reason to discuss it is to bring aboard newcomers, that's stil a big job, since gun banners would like you to buy the idea that the Second Amendment and your gun rights don't connect.

By claiming the Second Amendment only protects a state-organized militia, they neatly steal all your "god-given rights" and leave you nothing, zip, nada. Without the Bill of Rights, where are your gun rights written in our body of law? Nowhere -- other than 40,000 gun "control" laws.

We really believe the Second Amendment applies to the people, just as the other nine do. The Second Amendment protects guns suitable for militia purposes -- not for hunting or sport. Its subject is "Arms" capable of securing a free state. And that is the truth that the newcomers need to grab ahold of if they wish to save their gun rights as protected by our Constitution. Oh sure, Militia is in there, and it's capitalized, but so are People.

The 2nd Amendment is about the People's right to act as Militiamen and help ensure our own security by force of Arms. So if you steal our Arms and leave us single shot turkey guns and target .22s, you have done something treasonous and unconstitutional. If you require that we be "registered" militiamen before we may have such Arms, you have also infringed our freedom and again done something unconstitutional.

So, the popularly-described "Assault Weapons" are protected first and foremost, if any weapons are at all. If Assault Weapons, semi-auto or otherwise, can be legally banned, then you HAVE no gun rights at all. Your few "approved" guns would be a mere "privilege" granted you by the agendas and whims of your elected representatives. And that's what is so wrong with renewing the AWB.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    Yes indeed,Offeror;

This last week,on a local talk show,there was a discussion about the AWB....the general theme being...'What would we need them for,anyway ?"

Well..some of the young bucks here-abouts on GB,in their zeal,got ME caught up in the general excitement...so I called in.

Made the statement that their double-gun and plinking pistol probably cOULD be banned..but the very guns MOST PROTECTED ARE THE 'assualt weapons'.There was a brief silence..then announcer "A" said to announcer "B"...I didn't know that,"B"...did you ?

Then I made the comment that the Founders MEANT us to be armed well enough to resist tyranny from ANY government...CLICK...They smoothly went to the next caller..nicely cutting me off in the middle.

I got about 3 sentences..this in a laid back program where a caller had just talked for 4-5 moments about "sporting and hunting use of guns,,"

This has been my reception on the radio for all the years I have been fighting this fight...

If a fanatic I be..I stand in far better company,the Founders,then what passes for manhood today.(This statement DOES NOT APPLY to many on this board..I am proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with many of you..)
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball..

Perhaps I could invite you to attend, via the internet, a radio show dedicated to gun rights, guns, shooting, and hunting. Log on to
    www.guntalk.com on Sunday afternoon. It is a site run by Tom Gresham, son of Grits Gresham, noted writer, hunter, shooter. It is three hours long, and also has a chat board that runs the length of the radio show. Air time is 1:00-4:00 PM CENTRAL time.

Tom has a few links to audio streaming stations around the country that will carry at least the first two hours of his show. Stop in and check it out. I'll bet you'll like it, and he has a toll free number to call in and get on the air, and guess what...he won't cut you off, and you will reach all 50 states and some places in Europe.

Hope to see you there next Sunday

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • poisonedpoisoned Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the problem lies with the media more then anyone. The media only shows how people are being murdered and raped, etc. by people with guns. They never mention what would happen if these people were properly armed. They hardly ever report on people that use guns to protect themselves because that won't put fear in the viewers. The media focuses on scaring people. Therefore a majority of people have been brainwashed in to thinking that guns are bad. The old meanies running for office know this and use it to thier advantage, further brainwashing people. As far as I am concerned we should all be able to carry an AK-47. I don't think a rapest is going to target a woman with an automatic weapon hanging on her shoulder. While that may be extreme, the fact is that criminals are going to have the guns no matter what. They have proven that already. Since all criminals are going to have guns why should good people be restricted from having them. Does it not say "shall not be infringed"? If the poeple in office today were to report to our founders on the status of this country and the laws that have been made, just imagine how large of a document would be placed in front of them. Something tells me that some muskets would be getting loaded:) There should be only one law, "don't hurt people in any way if they do not deserve it".
    edited November -1
    Excellent point and one I have agree with for years. If laws actually controlled evil people, there should only be a need for the one law you mentioned: It is against the law to harm or threaten innocent people. Period.

You would have thought that the lawmakers would have caught on after the first dozen or so laws that they handed down. Outlaws are outside the law. Decent people don't even actually need laws to guide them on how to live and treat others.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    Yes indeed,Offeror;

This last week,on a local talk show,there was a discussion about the AWB....the general theme being...'What would we need them for,anyway ?"

Well..some of the young bucks here-abouts on GB,in their zeal,got ME caught up in the general excitement...so I called in.

Made the statement that their double-gun and plinking pistol probably cOULD be banned..but the very guns MOST PROTECTED ARE THE 'assualt weapons'.There was a brief silence..then announcer "A" said to announcer "B"...I didn't know that,"B"...did you ?

Then I made the comment that the Founders MEANT us to be armed well enough to resist tyranny from ANY government...CLICK...They smoothly went to the next caller..nicely cutting me off in the middle.

I got about 3 sentences..this in a laid back program where a caller had just talked for 4-5 moments about "sporting and hunting use of guns,,"

This has been my reception on the radio for all the years I have been fighting this fight...

If a fanatic I be..I stand in far better company,the Founders,then what passes for manhood today.(This statement DOES NOT APPLY to many on this board..I am proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with many of you..)

And I would be proud to stand with you and those others as well Highball. Thanks for the attempt on that radio anyway,and who knows?It was probubly heard by a few...And ,all or part of it Can make a differance...Thank you friend........for not giving up.
    I wishh...that I lived closer to some of you,I'd love to chat face to face......L.H.
    edited November -1
    Salvage33;
    I will make an attempt to listen to this guy.He writes in some magazine..I cannot remember which,now..maybe the rag from NRA.

But the upshot being...I rarely agree with him.Seems to be one of those.."well,they will take them all away if we don't....whatever.." types...
    Proof positive he left his manhood somewhere behind him...We shall see...

Longhunter;
    "We"....are EVERYWHERE..

While Big Brother runs his slimy fingers over the pristine Lady Liberty...Little Brother watches,makes notes..and waits...
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1

Like a guy who won't even fill out his profile with his name? I have read this thread and the "talk". Work within the system to change it or become a revolutionary and move to Montana. It's that simple.

What makes anyone think that the people that throw stones and complaint now will have any guts if a revolution comes? In 1776, it was a last resort after the King repeatedly ignored the colonist demands. We have a good ways to go before a last resort becomes necessary. Only the lazy and malcontent complaint without doing anything to better their lot. The really crafty among them can get others shot or in trouble doing their bidding. They are usually the first ones to high tail when the crap gets deep.

Don't be mislead by a lot of blowhards.

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

Like a guy who won't even fill out his profile with his name?

Ohhh brother-Again with the filling out the profile nonsense. You seem to be really hung up on this Peeingskyking. Why do you find it necessary to know the personal information of members of a discussion board?
    The way I see it, is I NEVER give out personal information about myself that is not necessary- #1 If it aint someones business, than they do not have to know, and #2- It is safer. You never know what kind of nut might be viewing this board, and who might use that information to cause you harm.
    Take you for example. I know that you send threatening personal emails to other members who use this board. Any normal person would view this as being completely out of line. Couple that with your obsession over members personal information, and I would say that you are someone who I would not trust with my personal info. If I say something that sets off that short temper of yours, who knows what you might do if you knew my name and where I live.
    Do you understand? It is a protective measure to prevent some psycho from obtaining personal information that he might use for not so nice reasons.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo

Like a guy who won't even fill out his profile with his name?

Ohhh brother-Again with the filling out the profile nonsense. You seem to be really hung up on this Peeingskyking. Why do you find it necessary to know the personal information of members of a discussion board?
    The way I see it, is I NEVER give out personal information about myself that is not necessary- #1 If it aint someones business, than they do not have to know, and #2- It is safer. You never know what kind of nut might be viewing this board, and who might use that information to cause you harm.
    Take you for example. I know that you send threatening personal emails to other members who use this board. Any normal person would view this as being completely out of line. Couple that with your obsession over members personal information, and I would say that you are someone who I would not trust with my personal info. If I say something that sets off that short temper of yours, who knows what you might do if you knew my name and where I live.
    Do you understand? It is a protective measure to prevent some psycho from obtaining personal information that he might use for not so nice reasons.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man

Hey CheeseBoy,
    I bet you always take the safe route. Never been in harms way have you? Every run to Canada during wartime? Like you could be counted on to do what a MAN does? I think not.

You are a liar and I challenge you to produce any email, that really came from me, threatening anyone. You cannot do it because it doesn't exist.

Now stay in your own paygrade and eat your cheesy greaseball pizza in complete anonymous safety. Ben Franklin said something about about the individuals that would trade freedom for security. Only cowards would do that. I'm glad I have the freedom (courage) to post my real name. Like I'm scared of YOU coming to get me? Humor right[;)]

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
    edited November -1
    Peeingskyking- Man you are a genious! How do you know so much about me?
    You are a clown[:o)]. Go join the circus[:o)][:o)]

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Ben Franklin said something about about the individuals that would trade freedom for security. Only cowards would do that. I'm glad I have the freedom (courage) to post my real name.

Peeingskyking- That has to be THE DUMBEST use of that familiar quote that I have ever seen. Perhaps you can explain how not posting ones personal information is "giving up freedom"?
    You really are a nitwit, and a clown[:o)]

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Ben Franklin said something about about the individuals that would trade freedom for security. Only cowards would do that. I'm glad I have the freedom (courage) to post my real name.

Peeingskyking- That has to be THE DUMBEST use of that familiar quote that I have ever seen. Perhaps you can explain how not posting ones personal information is "giving up freedom"?
    You really are a nitwit, and a clown[:o)]

Very simple. Freedom from fear.

Since you can't produce the emails you spouted off about, nor address any specific point, don't waste my time further. I might say something that scares you.

edited November -1
    Since you want to drag Ben Franklin into all this...perhaps you would also drag in the Sons of Liberty...........They too chose not to put there names out front,One of which was the man of which you speak.Duh...Anyhow I agree with a part of what you say...it is a ways yet....although I do not think as far as you think.Also that it can be changed at the ballot box...I do agree that it CAN be,now we will have to see if it WILL be.By the way those that ran to Canada my friend in my opinion did the right thing.Don't most of us say we wish they would just leave?They did.Why was that a bad thing,Cowards or otherwise they did what they thought was right.The Amnesty in my opinion was wrong....If they made the decision to leave ,so be it ,it should've stayed that way and they should have had to live with their decision.....Period....enough for me I guess.....I will do mu duty at the polls,and hope to make a difference....L.H.
    edited November -1

Just when I thought you could not say anything dumber, you come up with that pearl.
    I guess carrying a gun is "being fearful of freedom" also.
    I guess you NEVER take any type of safety precautions whatsoever, because that would cut into your freedom to be an *.
    There is a difference between being free, and being stupid. You somehow equate being stupid with being free. Of course, you are free to be stupid.

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    I personally agree that it is both unnecessary AND kinda stupid to put your info on a website....

The whole concept here is to exchange ideas...not trade personal info..ever hear of identity theft ??

I think most would wonder why it IS so important to someone to post personal info in a public forum..

Hell let's just put all our S.S. #'s addresses and phone numbers on our back windows of our vehicles and drive around[;)]
    edited November -1
    roger that.

• poisonedpoisoned Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks tr fox. As for the rest of you... Are you female? Some of you remind me of a woman scorn.
    edited November -1

Just when I thought you could not say anything dumber, you come up with that pearl.
    I guess carrying a gun is "being fearful of freedom" also.
    I guess you NEVER take any type of safety precautions whatsoever, because that would cut into your freedom to be an *.
    There is a difference between being free, and being stupid. You somehow equate being stupid with being free. Of course, you are free to be stupid.

-Jimmy the cheese man

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by poisoned
    Thanks tr fox. As for the rest of you... Are you female? Some of you remind me of a woman scorn.

You are new here.........some act it,some are,then again who knows just who or what we all are?
    edited November -1
    I thought my statement above was pretty truthful.

Never really thought of myself as a woman...OR scorned...
    edited November -1
    You'all remember the fella that started this thread ?

I believe that the present poster you are trading shots with is every bit as mentally unbalanced as that guy....just my opinion,of course..
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][^]
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone still have access to the article in american rifleman about 15 yrs or so ago in which it pointed out the mid-west town that dredged up an old law REQUIREING all adult males to carry a firearm?
    short version...they took the guns in the old evidence room and started handing them out...crime virtually dissapeared overnight.
    IMAGINE THAT!
    o m