In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bush Bashing: because he earned it

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
Posted this in GD 3 hours ago, not one reply.
You know what? It is perfectly OK to express displeasure with elected officials. That is one part of FREEDOM that we haven't lost.... yet! I do not have a problem with Bush on Iraq, It is true that we did ourselves and the world a favor getting rid of this thug. It is also true that if we get rid of one, on the basis that it makes the world a better place, then we should deal with all despotic leaders in the same manner. I do not have a problem with that, either. I also do not accept the "there are no WMD" arguments for simple common sense reasons. Saddam had 10 months to make them disappear. Now I'm quite sure his fellow crazy Arab brothers in Syria, Iran, Jordan, would have been most happy to take them off his hands, and, in a desert the size of Texas it would not be hard to make them disappear either, but they would be very hard to find out there. And the blame, for having to deal with Iraq now, can be laid squarely at the feet of Bush 1. If that weenie had finished the job the first time, we would've been out by now. He should've had to personally lead the invasion this time as payment for the American blood now having to be spilled.
Now we come to the part that I disagree with you, and the man you worship. While it is true that Bush is doing the right thing over seas against enemies of America, (although it could all be contrived as nobody has seen the proof on 9/11, we just take them at their word and I hope they are telling the truth but....) he is killing our future domestically here at home. In 2 years, when our fragile economy breaks under the burden he has put on it, (via the largest entitlement in American history, prescription drug benefit.....and letting the free flow of illegals come in that you and I have to pay for food stamps, education, medical coverage, (coverage that you and I do not receive, which is ok, I don't want unconstitutional entitlements, but I shouldn't have to "buy" Mexican votes for GW either) the bureaucracy that goes with it, because the low paying job they get and the small tax they pay in from that job will not even come close to paying for all these entitlements they are given) you'll see what I mean. And how is this even close to "securing" our borders?!? Or when the internment camps start popping up because there is no room left in the prison for all these new "terrorists", as defined in the "the patriot akt", you'll see what I mean. And why doesn't he back out of NAFTA? EVERYBODY sees the good jobs flowing out of our country at the speed of light. When everybody is competing for the jobs that these Mexicans are coming for because all the good jobs left, who's gonna pay the tax necessary to fund these entitlements? The good tax base went with the good jobs. Is this how we end up under the one world government, because we go broke? I could go on, but why bother? There's plenty to bash Bush for, here at home. You keep on worshiping blindly, never asking "why"? or " how"? But the time will come and you will have the answer to the question you never bothered to ask because you were too busy defending the bum. The man is WAY too reckless domestically! I think he's power mad. Somebody needs to tell him to get a grip. But he has already done enough damage. I'm not sure that if he does NOTHING more, that we can survive what he has already done.
This is one VERY DISAPPOINTED Bush voter.
I first voted in '88, was 18 years old, for Bush 1. I have never voted for a democrat baby-killer. I have on occasion voted for libertarian, independent, and constitutionalist candidates, but always for a republican president, even worthless Dole! The upcoming election is the most difficult I have ever faced. On the whole, I can't stand Bush anymore. He started out with such great promise, but it is obvious now that when I voted for him, I had voted for a democrat for the first time. Lots of republicans were fooled by Jimmy Carter too, I remember. But as to who to vote for this year? I am pondering a democrat just to stem the loss of freedom by bringing back a stalemate. ???? But, to vote for a legitimate democrat just makes me want to puke! It's too late in the game probably, for a third party to have a chance, unless somehow the half of eligible voters who don't vote could be somehow motivated into voting. I don't know what to do. I absolutely hated Billary Clinton. But he did less damage to freedom than GW due to the stalemate.
I am depressed. I am at a loss.
But I do not have a problem criticizing this worthless president. He let me down big time. I watch all elections like they are a football game. Get excited, get nervous, and after eight years of Billary, when Bush 2 got elected, I was jumpin up and down, hootin' and hollerin' and wanting to choke those idiots down in Florida. I was so happy. Now 3 years later, all, and I mean ALL the joy is gone, gone, gone.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.

Comments

• lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You wonder why you don't have a reply to your epistle according to you
    so do you want to impeach him, assassignate him or just rant. I find it hard to know if you can be taken seriously enough to engage in a discussion with you when you display such an incredible lack of tactical skill. You seem more like someone I would tease at most. Please work on your lack of sensate higher neuro-cerebral function.
    Then you might get more of the response you so desparately want.[;)]

Woodsie
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    With the time, effort and work JPWolf has given to help with our rights, in my book he has earned the right to "rant", if that is indeed what he is doing.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thank you Fox.
    It was meant to give the Bush defender's a reason to wonder if they should so blindly defend him.
    I am always trying to improve my tactical skill. And all I desparately want is to "awaken" people from their stupor.
    Now I do not know what assassignate means. But I will promise to work on my lack of sensate higher neuro-cerebral function, as I really deeply do not wish to have been teased by you in this lifetime. You work on your spelling Einstein.
    Oh, I forgot....[;)](There I go screwing up on tactics again by forgetting the most important part, gotta work on that).....Sorrrrry.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jp,
    You know, as well as I do, that most people will not bother to read anything this long. Some will, but most will not.

I know some people that do not vote. I tell them if they did not vote, they do not have the right to complain. They say that they do not believe that it would not make any difference. Both political parties are only for themselves, and do not care about the people. The arguments go on and on. They have given up all hope. I do not know how to change their minds.

You voted, you can complain.

How do you wake people up? Or is it really too late?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Thank you for checking my spelling it is one of my many weaknesses.
    I can tell you have many strength and some weaknesses just like GW Bush and me. "It is so hard to spell and punctuate when one speaks 7
    language".[;)] Do you want to converse with yes men. I am truly happy
    to read comments from your allies yuo have gained there respect and
    loyality unless they are stupid follower you have accomplished
    one of the most valuable tacticle goals[;)] The only thing wrong with
    a rant is that it acomplishes little to nothing but because of the 1st
    amendment I agree you do have the right. But this forum should be focused on the 2nd amendment.[;)]

Woodsie
    edited November -1
    I appriciate your attempt on defining a well regulated militia but please more effort you are one of the few that may be able to provide it. Oh by the way I may vote for Carry just to keep Hillary
    and Bill away from the Oval Office.Colin Powell & Condeliza Rice in 08
    [;)]

Woodsie
    edited November -1
    I know picken, it wasn't supposed to be that long, it just ended up that way. When I finished and had posted it, I was surprised at how long it ended up, and knew that I had gone on too long, but I guess it all needed saying. I've been holding it in too long.

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    JP;

Think nothing about the length of the post..venting is a good thing now and again.

Agree with some of your statements..disagree with others.Iraq..? Just tell me we are going after the oil,I can live with that.

Saddam posed no more threat then does Somalia..and the Saudies still send money and men to train people to hit us,the U.S....

The world is full of bad guys..and there should of been 100,000 of 'em killed for 9/11..Always assuming that we were told the truth...
    edited November -1
    Well highball, I think, assuming we were told the truth, that Saddam was also doing some financing. He did not learn his lesson after gulf 1. And you are correct, an abrupt turn straight south by our forces is in order, then northwest, then south east....etc.etc. Unfortunately, we do not have the force strength we need to deal with the WHOLE problem.

• PX15PX15 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to muddy the emotional waters here, but: I can live with our President and the decisions he has made. I don't agree with all of them, but after 9/11 a lot of things changed. I don't know where America would be if Al Gore had been in the Oval Office on 9/11 - It scares me to think about it. You and I apparently look at the same things in different ways. 1. NAFTA happened before his watch. Maybe there is a way for us to get out of it, but with the situation regarding Al Queda, Iraq, Afganstan, etc, I don't think it is priority #1 right now. 2. Prescription drug benefit. I'm 61. My Mother in law is 75, father in law 85.. They need all the help they can get on their drug bills. In a couple of years, so will I. 3. Mexican invasion. I don't know where you live, but I live in south Georgia. In this part of the country we have a tremendous number of Mexicans, legal & illegal all for the most part doing work "other" Americans simply will not do. My observation has been that for the great majority of them they work hard, pay their bills, and have a committment to family that is slowing becoming extinct in American society. They are not as a group lazy, hateful, confrontational, or always looking for a handout - as are some. My dissatisfaction with our Government cannot be laid at George Bush's feet. I fail to understand how a teenage, unwed, pregnant girl can qualify for Medicade simply because she is going to have a baby. Many aging Americans have paid into social security since its inception and generally DO NOT have a prayer of getting on Medicade. We all have issues that are near and dear to us, and that's mine. I also think people who park in handicapped parking spaces who are not handicapped should immediately BECOME handicapped by the first person who sees them violating the law. I think drunk drivers should be treated harshly and not just slapped on the wrist. If you kill someone in a car accident while intoxicated, it should have the same gravity as if you had done it with a pistol. Now that I've given offense to plenty of readers I will leave it right here. I am already partially senile, do not anticipate getting better, probably won't even remember I wrote this darn response. So, any flak directed my way is welcome. I know senility will have completely taken over me if I ever say I prefer any of those Democratic candidates presently running against President George Bush. Anything that will keep Hilliary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, (thank you Mary Jo) and the rest of that group out of the White House has my support. [:D]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    px15: Glad to read your post. I have a lot of agreement with what you said. Interesting comment about the handicapped parking spots being used by non-handicapped. At work we started notiicing some people using the handicapped spaces who didn't appear handicapped. We checked to see if they had one of those state iissued handicapped hangtags on their rearview mirror and most of them did. But what surprised us was that many of them had the red temporary hangtags that you see with the experation date written in with a black magic marker. We made a note of when some of those hangtags expired and when that date came up we rechecked the hangtag. In some cases the date had been whited out and another future date written in. In other words the people were using a forged hangtag and just kept on changing the date when it expired. We called this dishonesst ssituation to the attention of the US Govt. agency where these cheaters work and management did nothing about it. We notified the state agency that issues the hangtags and they were not interested in doing anything about it. We notified the local police who write tickets for parking violations and they stated they were unable to access the states records to determine if the dates had been altered. So once again the cheater get away with it while the honest people play by the rules and sometimes suffer for it.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."