In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois anti gunners, CALL NOW

CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
YOUR GUN RIGHTS TO BE ATTACKED ON WEDNESDAY

On Wednesday morning, 20 October, IL Attorney General Lisa Madigan will be
joined by IL State Senator John Cullerton and IL State Representative Karen
May at a press conference during which they will introduce the "2005
ILLINOIS ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN." This proposed legislation will include bans
on most, if not all, semiautomatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns. It will
also ban black powder rifles and any other firearm having a bore of .50
caliber or greater. The legislation will also require you to turn in your
guns to the police or face forced confiscation.

THINGS YOU MUST DO IMMEDIATELY:

1. Call Attorney General Madigan's offices at (312) 814-3000 AND (217)
782-1090 and tell the operator to tell Lisa Madigan that you are a
law-abiding supporter of the 2nd Amendment and that you resent her attack on
your rights.

2. Call Senator John Cullerton's offices at (217) 782-7260 AND (773)
883-0770 and tell the operator that you are a law-abiding supporter of the
2nd Amendment and that you OPPOSE Cullerton's Assault Weapons Ban.

3. Call Representative Karen May's offices at (217) 782-0902 AND (847)
831-5858 and tell the operator that you are a law-abiding supporter of the
2nd Amendment and that you OPPOSE May's Assault Weapons Ban.

4. Pass this alert along to all your friends and tell them to make those
phone calls NOW.

5. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards that you
may belong to.

GREET GUN GRABBER OBAMA IN DOWNERS GROVE

Rabid gun grabber and Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, Barack Obama,
will be making a whistle stop at the Downers Grove METRA station at
approximately 5:00 PM on Wednesday, 20 October. We would like all area gun
owners to be on hand to give Obama a "rousing" welcome to Downers Grove.
Please be on hand at the train station before 5:00 PM. Be prepared to
shout, holler and give gun grabber Obama a piece of your mind. The local
Republican Headquarters is located at 5150 S. Main, they will have signs and
other things you can wave at Obama.

REMEMBER: Gun Control is a disease...YOU are the cure!!

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member

Comments

• DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These rights stealing scumball will never quit...

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • JimmyZJimmyZ Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm also from Chicago and this is one of my biggest concerns. My cousin lives in Morton Grove and can no longer purchase firearms.

What else can we do? I've already contacted Madigan, Cullerton, and May's offices.

Illinois is so backwards in their thinking when it comes to firearms.

What can we do?
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    All right, all numbers have been called!!!BTT

ALL ILLINOIS RESIDENTS: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VOICE YOUR OPINION ON THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • egatimraegatimra Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my company is doing an excavation right next to the metra station in Downers Grove. I've got a couple of pro-gun friends working up there. Maybe I can get them to make alot of noise tomorrow when Obama is there.
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JimmyZ
    I'm also from Chicago and this is one of my biggest concerns. My cousin lives in Morton Grove and can no longer purchase firearms.

What else can we do? I've already contacted Madigan, Cullerton, and May's offices.

Illinois is so backwards in their thinking when it comes to firearms.

What can we do?

Move south or west like I did 4 years ago. Illinois is moving towards
    total gun confiscation. You will wake up one day and find you are a felon because you own a handgun.
  • MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not from Illinois. Thank god! However, I still have this nagging question bothering me......
    Why do you people put up with this? All these laws, statutes, etc. are illegal. The Constitution and Bill of Rights puts your rights and obligations right out there for one and all to see. I tell everyone, every law posted since the 1934 machine gun law was passed is illegal. Each and everyone of the senators/house of reps that presented, posted, or voted on or for any of these laws is guilty of treason. They did not and are not observing the "oath of office."
    I have been trying to convince some of the more powerful "pro-gun groups" that we need to raise a force of honest, law-abiding citizens and march on Washington, DC. There, we should take over the Congressional Buildings and arrest each and every one of these teasonous meanies. Our Constitution "demands" this, yet when I tell people about this they usually shrug their shoulders and say, "you can't really do that?" Why not????
    Why do gun owners, as a group, seem to sit back and take all of this abuse when we have our nations "most important papers" on our side?
    Makes me wonder......

Forget the Jones's.....I keep up with the Simpsons!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Why do you people put up with this? All these laws, statutes, etc. are illegal. The Constitution and Bill of Rights puts your rights and obligations right out there for

The answer,I think,is pretty clear.

Gun owners,by and large,are the backbone of this country.Decent,ordinary people,going about their quiet way,keeping the country running.Law-abiding and not given to public displays of their private angsts....

They believe that the public officials they put in office are decent men..they are unable to comprehend the enormous pressures put on politicians..and how many bend to that pressure...gun owners chose not to believe that there is a conspiracy out there to totally disarm them....

We will continue to lose rights.

My belief is simple.Let us stop fighting "the good fight".Let us allow the corruption to come to flower..by withdrawing from the political process.Allow a total gun ban to be enacted.

On that day..REAL AMERICANS will stand forth from the garbage living in this country.No American will EVER turn over guns..except for tactical reasons.

I will NO MORE beg politicians on bended knees..to PLEASE,PLEASE..obey the Constitution.
    Nor will I send money to organizations that will do it for me.Bending a knee by proxey is just as bad as me personally doing it.
  • pvfrmrpvfrmr Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you look at the vote count in IL in the just completed election, you can understand why this is happening. I think they are like Bill Clinton, they are doing it just because they can.

This is a very powerful ferewarning what will happen if the anti gunners get control at any level of government. It won't matter that facts don't back them up. We saw in this election how lies and half truths can be used to mislead the gullible.

"I can understand someone being a coward and not wanting to fight, but I can not understand anyone not wanting us to be able to defend our country"__JERRY CLOWER
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I moved to Indiana to get away from their snot in the Peoples Republic of Illinois. Maybe you can so the same![}:)]
  • KalashnikovManKalashnikovMan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will protect my right to own guns. If I must break a new law to do so then so be it!
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NRA will get em - dont forget to pay your dues