In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Militias

Bravo 13Bravo 13 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hello, Thought I would post this to get some varied opinions,ideas,& info.I don't know if this is the "correct" forum,But since Guns & Militias seem to be interelated, here goes.Why is it that certain states ban,regulate,or outright make it illegal to form,join,or have a private militia(like IA,where I reside)? It would appear to me that in these post 9/11 times the Govt.(state & Fed) would welcome any help!What would concern/worry the Govt(s).about having a 3rd party help them.Is it a power trip thing? A control issue? Is it because of previous run in's w/groups like Posse Commatodis or Branch Davidians? Is it because guns are assumed to be linked to the militia(s)? Any & All opinions/info are welcome!!

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Simple answer.

Big goverment cannot allow anyone to possess a means of defying 'lawfull orders'..that being whatever the goverment wants at any particular time. (Re; some couple hundred million people killed by goverments in the lsat century).

The Constitution addressed this...and the politicians have spent the last 200 years debunking the rightness of 'the people' being the goverment...with God given Rights to be armed and dangerous to overweaning authority.

Right after 9/11 Gorge Bush could have won a total convert to his 'plan'..IF he had declared on National TV..."Arm Yourselves and prepare to repel boarders"...Instead of..."Go to the malls and Shop"...
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball-

A couple million??? The best and most conservative measure is actually 170,000,000 killed by their own gov't, and this does not include murdered unborns privately disposed of at the unplanned parenthood.

More than just a couple million, dude....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:(Re; some couple hundred million people killed by goverments in the lsat century).
    [:D]
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But gunphreak & Highball, I thought gun registration was for our own good. Must have paid too close of attention in government high school. </sarcasm>

Why must the government try and tell US what is in OUR best interests? We should be telling THEM what THEY are allowed to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, Highball, I see I didn't read it right.

Anyway, 170,000,000 people is still enough people that, if averaged, still turns out to be roughly 4700 people gased, machine gunned, poisoned, starve and flung naked into mass graves for every single day of the 20th century, just to put it into perspective for those of you who still don't understand that registration is always.... ALWAYS done against you, and never for the solution to crime.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gunphreak;
    Absolutely no problem whatsoever....had I made such an obvious error, I would and expect immediate correction...anytime, from a friend...An enemy. also...just not quite so easily swallowed...

I have tried to find that list put out by JPFO...seems to have disappeared off the net. JPFO does not even have it anymore...makes one wonder...
  • Options
    Big Gay AlBig Gay Al Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If formed correctly and legally, militias should not be "private" in nature. Their membership should be open to anyone who fits the criteria set down in US Code for "unorganized" militias. That being said, depending on how the law is written that forbids their formation, those wishing to form such a group may have grounds for overturning state law.

Problem is, anything like this will be an up hill battle. Thanks to Timothy McVeigh and others, as well as Hollywood, nearly all of mainstream America (mostly the sheeple) see militias as "evil" organizations with no legal standing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:If formed correctly and legally, militias should not be "private" in nature. Their membership should be open to anyone who fits the criteria set down in US Code for "unorganized" militias.
    This is ideed a bell ringer..truer words were never spoken.

However..this is true ONLY when the government is not repressive in nature..steadily ushering us into tyranny.

In OTHER words....not today in America.

quote:That being said, depending on how the law is written that forbids their formation, those wishing to form such a group may have grounds for overturning state law. This too is true...UNLESS the courts are busily re-enforcing big goverment...once again...America today.
  • Options
    Big Gay AlBig Gay Al Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:If formed correctly and legally, militias should not be "private" in nature. Their membership should be open to anyone who fits the criteria set down in US Code for "unorganized" militias.
    This is ideed a bell ringer..truer words were never spoken.

However..this is true ONLY when the government is not repressive in nature..steadily ushering us into tyranny.

In OTHER words....not today in America.

quote:That being said, depending on how the law is written that forbids their formation, those wishing to form such a group may have grounds for overturning state law. This too is true...UNLESS the courts are busily re-enforcing big goverment...once again...America today.

I'm afraid it's starting to look like militias are going to have to form more like gun clubs, at least in appearance. The time may come when another revolution will be called for.

It is apparent we, the normal (yeah, I know) every day citizen are trying for change at the ballot box, yet more and more, our choices do not look so different from one another. It's getting to the point where the ballot box is no choice at all.

Our politicians need a wake up call. But it must be a non-violent type of wake up call. At least at first. What happens after this first one, well, that's anyone's guess. And I pray that non-violence will win out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:But it must be a non-violent type of wake up call. At least at first. What happens after this first one, well, that's anyone's guess. And I pray
    I think the wake-up call was sent some time ago...perhaps even Gingrichs' 100 day Pact with America.

We the citizens have sent the politicians/Elites our messages loud and clear...several times.
    Remember Clinton..? "We had many Democrats voted out of office because of their gun control activities"..?

So what ? Seen ANY activity towards rolling back gun laws..??? Nope...just steady erosions of OTHER Rights...by whomEVER is in power.

There MUST be no violence before the Congress votes to ban guns...just a straight up vote to take 'em away. Were decent citizens to withdraw from the political process...those pressuring politicians to obEY the Constitution..within 5 years we would see the ban.

30 days later...we would see if America has any men left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys would be surprised at the number of underground militia groups that have formed, and even with all this high tech stuff we have, apparently meant to track our every move, these revolutionaries will always remain hidden.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, just curious...

Have you ever considered supporting an anti-gun group?

If you are trying to bring about the ban as quickly as possible, that seems to be the way to do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Have you ever considered supporting an anti-gun group?
    Fair question.
    Short answer..they will have to do it without my help..the gorge factor, you know.
    Long answer;

I actually DID consider, and floated the idea, of "renouncing' my guns..becoming a poster boy for Brady, or such...it would be easy to make hunters/gun people look ike fools.

They get mad so easily...and angry people are unable to fight verbally.

Sober thought over a period of time revealed lots of flaws in that 'plan', however...one of the main ones being...dishonesty is a tactic of cowards and the Elites attempting the final takeover of ALL your Rights....

There is a huge difference between withdrawal of support for a failing system...and actively working to bring it down.
    When it fails...I would not like my name linked to those pukes that tried desperately to bring about the end of freedom..rather I prefer.."He saw it coming and realized that one cannot stop an out-of-control freight train..and wasn't about to shovel more coal in the boiler.."