In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ohio - uniform gun laws

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
The new law in Ohio has some cities "up in arms." (pun intended)

quote:The state law, approved by the legislature in December
over the veto of then-Gov. Bob Taft,
says only state and federal lawmakers can enact rules governing the possession, sale and storage of guns in Ohio.

Here is a quote from Michael Weinman, the Police Division's legislative liaison.

quote:If someone has an assault weapon in public, he said, police will be unable to act unless the person is using it, threatening to use it or creating a public disturbance.

Imagine that, they have to be using it in a CRIMINAL manner to have it taken away.

Click here for the rest of this story.

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Ohio. I must say, the idea of becoming a criminal just because I pass through a city is BS!!

Death to the gun kontrol edicts!!!
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Cleveland Police Union President told the Officers not to enforce the Mayors order because it is illegal to do so.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    The Cleveland Police Union President told the Officers not to enforce the Mayors order because it is illegal to do so.

The sheriff, in turn, has ordered the police not to obey his edict. In yer face, Komrade!!!