In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tr fox

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
Did you get the thread where guns were mentioned here?It seems that perhaps the more quotes that we could find from the early days froward might help to show that guns were a good thing?A part of life?
Anyone else find it ironic that the quote mentioned GUNS in particular along with other things to celebrate our INDEPENDANCE? Doesm't that say something?Did he say that the MILITIA should bring guns to celebrate?HMMMM???????

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yes Longhunter, I believe that finding the different times and ways our founding fathers and original govt. entities mentioned guns in a postitive way should help the pro-gun cause. But if guns had just been invented yesterday I would still feel as strongly about the right of citizens to have and use guns. Not only are guns a fun sport but they are the best tool for hunting and for self-defense. And by self-defense I don't mean only against criminals, but from our own government if it ever turns on us.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox;
    quote:if it ever turns on us[?]
    I know what you mean, but how many times must they turn on us, before the camel's back breaks?

longhunter;
    It can't hurt.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    hey tr, i am only posting this here because my thread has become a constitutional debate, which is ok, but i would essentially be changing the subject over there at this point. I respect your opinion of the NRA, it is fine with me, but I don't share it and here's why. I will not support a group financially for what they "used" to do. That would not be right.And when there are people out there doing what needs to be done, it wouldn't be fair to them too punish them, by withholding my hard earned dollar, and rewarding the NRA by giving them my hard earned dollar. If I had the money to throw around to people who don't use it the way I want, I would just keep it and take up the fight on my own. As it is, since the slowdown and cut in hours in January '03, I can barely make my bills. That leaves $0 for the NRA, very little for anyone else. I did my part to help RMGO this year, by volunteering my abilities as a journeyman carpenter and putting up an office for them, not just because I had no money to give them, I would've helped anyway. I love Dudley's no compromise approach. It's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. I will be there to help him anyway and anytime I can in the future.
    But, TR, I will not fault you for fighting so hard for the "pro" side on the NRA issue. I thank you, not them, for all you do.
    edited November -1
    Well Wolf, since you were kind enough to share the "dollars and cents" discription of your situation I see where you are coming from and have more understanding of your position. But I would only ask you to consider not driving away other NRA members and potentioal members. Because no matter what ANY of us say or have said for or against the NRA, in my personal opinion the NRA at least serves the purpose of being a giant "scarecrow" that on a national basis has been "scaring" many of the anti-gun crows and in that regard helping with gun rights. And if that giant scarecrow falls, it will be many, many years before you or I get another one in place. At least on a national basis.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
    edited November -1
    well TR, I wouldn't support the NRA anyawy. It's a principle thing, that just gains more legitimacy when money's tight. I would encourage those on the fence to go with GOA, but staunch supporters of the NRA like yourself, can do what you like. I think if the NRA stays the course, and continues to compromise my position (on an issue that does not require it, just ask the founders) on my behalf, not as a member but as one in the gunowning fraternity, you will get fed up as well and you will end up where LH and I already are. If they straighten up and grow some cajone's, guys like LH and I will reward them with membership dues.
    edited November -1
    Wolf, please notice that while I loudly support the NRA, I also have faith and membership in GOA and the 2nd Amendment Foundatation. Although I will admit since I haven't personally seen anything positive with the 2nd Amendment Foundatation, I just give them minimul support. But that is all I am asking people to do for the NRA.

edited November -1
    I understand TR, but one of the things I criticize the enemies of liberty on is blindly following the masses, never knowing why or becoming informed. You know it's true, I know it, and when I follow this methodology to it's logical conclusion with the NRA, the result is withdrawn support. They are not effective anymore. Maybe they will be again, I will watch and see of course, and resume support when they support my way of thinking, more like they used to. The left makes them out to be much more effective than they actually are because this helps them in the long run. It's like a double agent in espionage, you wouldn't rat him out if he's helping you, while on the surface it appears he's helping the enemy.
    LH, where are you?
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    well TR, I wouldn't support the NRA anyawy. It's a principle thing, that just gains more legitimacy when money's tight. I would encourage those on the fence to go with GOA, but staunch supporters of the NRA like yourself, can do what you like. I think if the NRA stays the course, and continues to compromise my position (on an issue that does not require it, just ask the founders) on my behalf, not as a member but as one in the gunowning fraternity, you will get fed up as well and you will end up where LH and I already are. If they straighten up and grow some cajone's, guys like LH and I will reward them with membership dues.

Yes we would,in an instant!
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    I understand TR, but one of the things I criticize the enemies of liberty on is blindly following the masses, never knowing why or becoming informed. You know it's true, I know it, and when I follow this methodology to it's logical conclusion with the NRA, the result is withdrawn support. They are not effective anymore. Maybe they will be again, I will watch and see of course, and resume support when they support my way of thinking, more like they used to. The left makes them out to be much more effective than they actually are because this helps them in the long run. It's like a double agent in espionage, you wouldn't rat him out if he's helping you, while on the surface it appears he's helping the enemy.
    LH, where are you?

I left you hangin on this one,I am sorry....I agree with all your responses,especially the one about the double agent thing.This is the best and most effective way fro them to win,lets face it folks,its HOW they got control of GOVERNMENT is it not? Do you all REALLY think that the NRA is immune?????????