In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are you prepared for a fight ?

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
In a worse case senerio, we might be forced into a fight. I do not see it happening like this, but.....

Could you walk away from your life as you have it today?

Think about the sacrifices you will be making. Think about how life will be after the fight (should you survive).

Are you prepared to take to the field, live in foxholes, no showers, eat bugs, little to no toilet paper, and kill ???

Ask yourself that question.
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Freedom isn't free.

Many, many men have done just the things you mentioned...at the behest of a government spiraling out of control. They were not fighting for American freedom...some learned that too late.

The important question...will those men fight for REAL freedom...OR JUST FIGHT WHEN ORDERED BY GOVERNMENT ?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    To answer your questions, Yes.... on ALL accounts.

I am willing to do, whatever is necessary to secure freedom.

When the balloon goes up, I am ready to risk my fortune and my life. Any man whom knows the utter importance of freedom, should have answered those questions long ago.

If it is blood they want, it is blood they will have. Just it will be theirs that spills, and I will ensure that.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    It will seperate the patriots from the sheep in the first week alone. Many will be content to call it a try after that period of time.

For those who would cower think of the First American Patriots, and the brass ones they must have had on that green

I may not be a ca but I took an oath for my country I intend to honor until I no longer have the ability.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May not be appropriate but I'm getting kinda tired of waiting for what I believe to be inevitable and really don't want it to fall to my sons or grandsons.
  • ringchildringchild Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

Think about the sacrifices you will be making. Think about how life will be after the fight (should you survive).

Are you prepared to take to the field, live in foxholes, no showers, eat bugs, little to no toilet paper, and kill ???

yup.
    and, i'll be wondering what took it so long to get here.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Freedom is another word for nothing left to lose..... J Joplin
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    Freedom is another word for nothing left to lose..... J Joplin

actually kk wrote that, she just sang it [}:)]
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mmm... Bugs

The only hesitation wold be to hug and kiss my daughter and wife good by.
    edited November -1
    I got my num chucks and throwing stars on order. [:)]
  • Kalashnikov74Kalashnikov74 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it would be unfortunate for something like that to happen, but if it meant protecting my friends, family, and the god blessed u.s. of america, then yes i would walk away from my comfort and daily life to uphold and protect all that i hold dear to my heart. My ancestors fought and died for this country since the creation of it and i would be willing to do the same. Unfortunately, in the united states there is pleny of sheeple and worse, oppurtunists, who would either ignore or even take advantage over the misfortune of others and the nation as a whole, but it is the ones who act out of virtue and for love of country and its people regardless of its flaws who will be remembered for their bravery and sacrifice during such hard times. I would take up arms against enemies foreign or domestic and give them as much hell as i possibly could, and i would organise or at least help to form some sort of resistance to whatever it is. I only hope there others out there that would be willing to do the same.....
  • mydadsson1mydadsson1 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Acquire weapons from your dead enemies, assist those in need, never give up, confuse your opponent, use all advantages to yours, peace through superior firepower.

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    Sun Tzu
  • suthin_mansuthin_man Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes!!Ready and waiting.Just afraid to purchase anymore weapons that the Obama,scuse me,Comrade Obama crowd can track and try,TRY,to take away.Just wish that there was a true movement to stop the government before it truly tries to take our country.Elsewhere on this site I mentioned that my retired SF brother told me they were asked on a test,experimental of course,if they would fire on American citizens who refused to give up their weapons if ordered to do so.They answered a resounding NO!They never heard anymore about that test.Someone else on this site said they doubted he was correct,telling the truth.I believe every word of it.The weather is changing and true believers of the Constitution of the USA as it was written need to be prepared.Give Liberals a chance!About 50 yards before you fire!
    edited November -1
    It is a fight over ideas as much as anything else. Ideas are best expressed through words - financing the manufacture of baseball caps may help if enough people wear ones with the correct message on them, but the internet reaches many more eyes than a few thousand baseball caps.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1

In a worse case senerio, we might be forced into a fight. I do not see it happening like this, but.....

been there done that. taking baths in ponds and river out back. walk away from camp(aka home) with a shovel grab a handfull of leaves. carpenter ants taste like sour apples, those beetles that live under the bark of dead trees hurt like hell when they bite your toung, their larva though very squishy arent that bad.

only thing i havent done is out and out live in a fox hole or kill. god willing will never need to.
  • NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    Yes I am. Ready and willing.
    edited November -1
    Just got my numb chucks and throwings star , and Bruce Lee training video, I should be ready to go in a few practice sessions. I need to stretch more though. [:D]
  • afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got my numb chucks and throwings star , and Bruce Lee training video, I should be ready to go in a few practice sessions. I need to stretch more though. [:D]

so, it takes some effort to put every pot in blue, size 3, and a specific font, no?
    edited November -1
    Training is coming along, thanks Bruce Lee liked Blue
  • JamesQuinnJamesQuinn Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhhh...just who is is you folks think you're going to fight against? And how will you expect to win?

Are you going to take on the US Army? Local SWAT teams, or what?

Or are you just going to do a Jim Jones or a David Koresh?

You sound like a bunch of eight year olds playing cops and robbers. Bang Bang you're dead. Mommy will call you for dinner in a few minutes.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Watch this JamesQuinn dude he tried to get Todesengel into trouble with the secret sevice... I am not kidding! And the acquisation was false!!
    edited November -1
    "Numb chucks." Heh. Sounds like a good description of Schumer and Rangel.
    edited November -1
    JamesQuinn

My Contact Info
    No info specified...

^^^
    Troll.
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been waiting for this question. Do you mean an invasion or a major draft without age limits? I'm just load up with my best firearms and ammo and get my best camo. Hide and wait is the name of the game. Just use unconventional tactics and band multiple firearm toting men together
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhhh...just who is is you folks think you're going to fight against? And how will you expect to win?

Are you going to take on the US Army? Local SWAT teams, or what?

Or are you just going to do a Jim Jones or a David Koresh?

You sound like a bunch of eight year olds playing cops and robbers. Bang Bang you're dead. Mommy will call you for dinner in a few minutes.

good post, i now know that u are best suited as a sandbag, or a shooting rest,(bipodon order) many here have been in war. how hard would it be to eliminate underpowered forces in small numbers from there own enviroment, think Vietnam man, how many more did the brits have then us? many like minded enforcers will likely not fight us in the battle for there constitutional rights. but im willing to die to protect my family (wive three kids) and there right to live in a free world. I would rather die fighting tyranny then to live under it(I think ive died a little in recent weeks)
    edited November -1
    My throwing stars can take out any city cop at 7 yards ! YAAAA ! YAAA ! A Fed at 15 yards, they are skinnier than the Donut protected City cops ! [:D] YAAAAAAA !
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    Yes, I have been trained by the best, US navy Amphibious ready group, and by the US Army.
    edited November -1
    SEALS [:D] I have trained with the chuck norris throwing star kit ! YAAAAA YAAAAA ! [xx(]
    edited November -1
    SEALS [:D] I have trained with the chuck norris throwing star kit ! YAAAAA YAAAAA ! [xx(]

What a great meltdown display. Maybe it's time for some medication.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    God I hope not if it does happen, it will be in our streets and yards, in front of out places of work and worship. In our school yards and city parks. It will be a bloodbath and worse it will be here. But I would rather I fight than my children fight. I will not let my children grow up knowing that the freedom that was handed down to me was lost and the chains of slavery to government were handed down to them. I don't think that it will come to a fight, but if it does I will do what needs to be done.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it doesn't come down to a fight the US will slowly slip into the dustbin of history. America is the only country that really has an opportunity for it's citizens experience true freedom. Name another country that now has true freedom or has had in the last 200 years. If we are willing to pay the price as our founding fathers did we have the chance to gain what we have slowly and lazily lost over the last 200 years. Does anyone really think that our current "rulers"(not leaders) are going to respond to letters and demands to "be fair and play nice"? No they are going to continue to destroy our freedoms to point where we are like any other country and the only "change" we will see is the name the new "ruler". Look around the world what change ever happens in other countries? Whether by military coup, corrupt elections, or popular uprisings, the citizenry is still disarmed and subjected to new "rulers" whim. At least we have a history of founding freedom to spur us on, if not willing to use that to regain founding freedom, then our beloved country and ideals will slip into the dustbin of history.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    more than ever..
  • son of libertyson of liberty Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1

edited November -1
    I have been practicing with my south american Blow Dart, and poison toad venom. I am ready. Swift silent and deadly, like my farts ! [:p]
  • flankdrivemanflankdriveman Member Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    I will DIE for my childrens comfort. (FREEDOM)[8].
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, fought before and will again.
    edited November -1
    Phiiiiiiiiiiiit Thats the sound of my deadly blow darts ! [:0]
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Ive never wanted it to come to this, but By-Grabs ... I believe it to be near.

Am I ready? With a resounding YES. I think about the worst case scenario and what I will lose. But then I think, 'We've already lost it, so we have it all to gain (or regain).'
    edited November -1
    Phiiiiiittt [:0]
  • ThalvorsonThalvorson Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH??? Yes! China and Russia have so much incentive to go to war with the USA... WTH!!! What exactly are we fighting here. Wars of yesterday were fought becuase of developing boarders among countries. This is not so much the case today. Granted, the Iraq and Afgan wars are looming large still, but to me those are petty wars. Fighting them did nothing for are freedom that the CIA couldn't do behind the scenes. If you want to talk about a fight thats important, to me, that would be organized crime, and I am not talking about La Costa Nostra. Mainly the hispanic gangs that have been on the rise. Gang violence is another branch of organized crime and that is why every American should be armed and carry in the open.