In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Differences observed between gun owners and others

Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
Over the years, and after many debates and discussions with others who are not gun owners, I have observed the following differences bettween responsible citizens who support the 2nd ammendment and those anti gun nuts and similar ignorant vermin. Please comment and respond.

They are as follows:

Responsible guns owners and citizens who support the 2nd ammendment.

1.We understand that the only thing that separates us from other nations under tyranny and those nations who are willing to be threatened with tyranny, is our 2nd ammendment right to bear arms as a responsible check to possible government abuse and the potential violent crime against us and those we love, as instructed to the founders of this Republic through their guidance by Providence.

2. We are generally family oriented, community minded people, who love God, love our family, are committed to our work and our church, and are socialy and politically active.

3. We are educated in history, government, manners, and protocol. Many have served in the military and/or law enforcement. We understand that this nation is unique and must be protected.

4. We love mechanics and things that are precission based. We have attention to detail. We love gadgets. We love to work with our hands and with our minds. We come from all walks of life, but firearms bring us together on a technical and sportsman like level. We are competitive and yet humble.

5. We love to be social as is demonstrated on this forum, but we are also reserved when it comes to pride. We are quick to help our fellow members.

6. We would give our lives for this nation.

Anti gun nuts.

1. Are lazy bums who don't understand the history of our nation.

2. Are lazy bums who don't understand the Constitution.

3. Are lazy bums who don't understand or know general history.

4. Are lazy bums who would rather have someone else run their lives and never take personal responsibility.

5. Are lazy bums who are heretics and pagans and have no humility. They do not believe in God and are arrogant before him.

6. Dress like bums, have no respect for personal property or life.

7. Are pony tail wearing Berkley types who smoke dope and do not respect law enforcement.

8. Have brain damage and do not understand mechanics or detail.

9. Would never die for this country.

God bless America!

Brian Ostro
member: NRA, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yeah Brian, you have defined the situation. But what are we to do about it? Because the undesirables you mentioned seem to, for whatever reason, be running this country as well, and perhaps more importantly, be molding public opinion.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    We must continue to stay vigilant against tyrrany and those who would try to enslave us. We must never compromise to them. Our rights come from the Constitution, which was inspired by Providence, and not some soccer mom from Northern California who's thought process is purely emotionally based with no grounding in logic.
    Those who call a gun "evil", are mentally ill. Inanimate objects are not "evil". Those who kill and don't take responsibility are evil and judges who refuse to properly sentense are even worse, combined with cowardly legislators.

Brian Ostro
    member: NRA, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    heheheheheh..Ruger22;

While I sure would like to agree with you... quote:2. Are lazy bums who don't understand the Constitution.

Ect,ect..I must confess..those 'lazy bums' have us on the ropes..and a knock-out could come ANY DAY..

I am sorely afraid the 'lazy bums' are us....eyewwww,I hate the sound of that..but go look at ANY DISCUSSION on GD Forum..and look at the number of people supporting gun control..these people are 'too lazy,too emotional,too something..' to think it through...

Those 6 points you enumerated about 'gun owners' ARE MY VALUES..dang,I sure wish they were shared by more...GUN OWNERS....particularly this one.. quote:1.We understand that the only thing that separates us from other nations under tyranny and those nations who are willing to be threatened with tyranny, is our 2nd ammendment right to bear arms as a responsible check to possible government abuse and the potential violent crime against us and those we love, as instructed to the founders of this Republic through their guidance by Providence.

The problems facing us over the destruction of the Constitution would fade away like magic...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have to comment on #2. It is not so much that they do not understand the constitution, as the fact that they are trying to use words to CHANGE the meaning of it. And/or (of course) just plain IGNORE it when making new laws.

In my opinion one of the most important points you made was in #4. "Personal responsibility." Or more to the point, the lack of it. In years gone by, people would accept the fact that they were responsible for their actions. Now days, whenever anything happens, all you hear are excuses. (Well he/she did this or that to make me screw up) People are always quick to blame others, or objects, etc. for their mistakes. Hardly ever do you hear of anyone taking on the "responsibility" for his or her actions. Sad...

Oh...and watch the crack about the pony tail. I have one. [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Well...........I have to say that How a person dresses or wears their hair has WHAT to do with Anything??Whilr trying to make a stand,you insult a good sized portion of the gunowners in this state at the least.I am sure in other states as well.I believe that we all must be careful not to fall into the trap of judging each other as well as the oppostion this simply. The anti-s have done a wonderful job of walking all over the constitution for a group that knows nothing about it.They know,they just don't care.....or believe that the document is a fossil that is no longer relavent. You see this in ALL venues of the Constitution,The right to Free Speach etc.etc. OH and I've Long hair as well.......and I wear camo year round....SO WHAT???Be very careful not to underestimate the otherside or your own for that matter....
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    He He He, Hey all you regulars, come in close because I've got something to share with you. (I just discovered that someone who's screen name rhymes with "pickenup" has a pony tail) Now keep this to yourselves until I find some way to blackmail that "unnamed" person.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    I am sorry about the long hair comments.

Brian Ostro
    member: NRA, RFC, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
  • lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree which might be the kiss of death for you by some of the group.
    I believe we are far from being on the ropes. It's the law that puts some of us on the ropes and it is the law that will keep us off the ropes unless we keep being stupid and shooting dogs when we don't have to giving JP's example it's due recognition. What say you High Ball O mighty dog shooter.[;)]

Woodsie
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are pony tail wearing Berkley types who smoke dope and do not respect law enforcement.

Whats wrong with that?

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE