In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Did you catch this?? Kerry statement . .

flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
Did any of you catch this during the 3rd Presidential debate?

During the debate, Senator Kerry stated that,
"We live here in America where we have an unbelievable
constitution with rights WE afford the people."

My question is simple. Who is the "we" the Senator is
reffering to? Is the "we" the Senate? Is the "we" the
House of Representatives? How about the Supreme
Court? Could the "we" that allows us to have our
rights be some petty bureaucrat working for OSHA, HUD,
or the EPA? How about the UN? If Kerry is elected,
will the "we" be him personally in the Executive
Branch?

Does the Senator even understand that our country was
founded on the central idea that man was born with
rights that come from God; rights which no man can
take away? Does the senator also understand that the
only purpose of government is to "secure those
(God-given) rights?"

The truth is that our rights don't come from whatever
"we" in Washington D.C. the Senator seems to believe
they do. In fact, they come from no man or woman at
all. We the people are born with our rights given to
us by God, and the only purpose of government is to
provide the legal framework to secure these rights.
If Senator Kerry doesn't understand that, than he has
no business representing the people of our
Constitutional Republic.

200 years ago, Kerry would have been tarred and feathered for such a statement. Today, nobody even caught it.

Comments

• longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    You did......and a few others..but most just don't care.The uneducated is what is destroying this country,the uneducated and the uncareing....
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I didn't watch the debate, but I agree with you guys. I can't believe how many people just don't care.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Als keep in mine that Kerry's semi-auto shotgun the union gave him is illegally owned by him. While a transfer of a long gun might not be illegal in that state, Kerry can't own a shotgun that he didn't buy in Taxaschuttess. Felony #1. He can't take a gun bought out of state into Taxaschuttess. Felony #2. He can't own a gun in his state without having it registered. Felony #3.

Why doesn't somebody report him to the Feds for illegal possession? That would be a scandal.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Just to keep the record straight I wish to disagree with your info. And maybe someone who knows more than me can tell us which info is correct because incorrect info can cause all of us trouble.

#1 You can buy a long gun in any state that borders your home state. #2 then of course you can bring that gun home. #3 very few "states", if any, require you to formally register your guns. In fact there is usually no place to go and register your guns even if you insisted in doing so.

Can someone tell us if this is correct?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • PtofimpactPtofimpact Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good points...let me add this..Kerry has legislation sponsored currently, that would extend the assault weapons ban, but worse is, the list has grown as to what would be banned..check out S.1431 on NRA's site...you might be shocked. I wrote my representatives already, they need to have the pressure kept on them.

quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Als keep in mine that Kerry's semi-auto shotgun the union gave him is illegally owned by him. While a transfer of a long gun might not be illegal in that state, Kerry can't own a shotgun that he didn't buy in Taxaschuttess. Felony #1. He can't take a gun bought out of state into Taxaschuttess. Felony #2. He can't own a gun in his state without having it registered. Felony #3.

Why doesn't somebody report him to the Feds for illegal possession? That would be a scandal.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An unbelievable constitution?

Well, that removes all doubt.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."