In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Locust Fork- Here Ya Go!

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Here is an invitation to present your ATFE problems:

#

#

HAVE YOU HAD PROBLEMS WITH AN ATF INSPECTION LATELY? . . . As the voice of dealers to ATF, the National Association of Firearms Retailers (NAFR), NSSF's retailer division, is interested in knowing of any particularly notable difficulties or challenges experienced by firearms dealers with ATF inspections. NSSF/NAFR wants to bring legitimate problems and abuses that may exist to the attention of ATF management to get them corrected. If you have a story to tell, please contact Randy Clark, NSSF director of retail partnerships, at (203) 426-1320 or rclark@nssf.org.

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork, If you haven't already called, call now! Not only that but have you given any thought to my offer of finding you pro bono legal representation? I live in Arizona but the phones still work here, I'll find someone. Any new news to share with us? I think you can tell we are all concerned as to your fate and wish to help in any way possible. comengetit- out!
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had contacted the NSSF a while back...and it took some time for them to get back with me, but they did call me at the store wednesday afternoon. It was very difficult to participate with the caller and be at the store. If I get time I plan to call him back prior to opening the store.

I was asked a series of questions that were more of a general..."how are we doing"...relating to the mishandeling of the ATF, thier power along with the inconcistancies. I am thankful to have the ear of anyone these days. I have to admit that I get so worried when I jump on my soap box. I am 100% positive that there will be retribution for my complaining...especially now that the "one year mark" has passed and I can be audited any day now.

I wish I could get one of the local store owners that has gone one step further than ours to jump up and fight. I will call him "Mr. P"
    His store is way further into this than I am. He has had the third inspection...and been told his FFL was revoked. He is on his last appeal in the appeals process. BUT When you contact him he seems to be so worried about getting more trouble sent his way.

This makes me think of that sheep herd everyone refers to....like we are all standing in a field with an electric fence around us. The occational sheep gets ZAPPED...a few say "did you see that?" some answer "that was wrong...fluffy didn't deserve that"...and the rest just act like they didn't see a thing. Meanwhile the fence is being moved tighter in every day.

I really hope to get this crazy policy out in the spotlight. I am going to see if the person I spoke with can get "Mr. P" to jump up and fight also. Maybe he has a more persuasive way of getting to him. I really appreciate any help we can get. I also will contact you (in Arizona soon if I find I need legal help.) For now, I am stuck...this thing they are doing is not breaking the law (as far as I can tell) they are just abusing a vague set of abilities they are allowed to have.

I bet I get audited soon...then we will see where we stand. That is the "third" one and I cannot imagine what will happen.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I had contacted the NSSF a while back...and it took some time for them to get back with me, but they did call me at the store wednesday afternoon. It was very difficult to participate with the caller and be at the store. If I get time I plan to call him back prior to opening the store.

I was asked a series of questions that were more of a general..."how are we doing"...relating to the mishandeling of the ATF, thier power along with the inconcistancies. I am thankful to have the ear of anyone these days. I have to admit that I get so worried when I jump on my soap box. I am 100% positive that there will be retribution for my complaining...especially now that the "one year mark" has passed and I can be audited any day now.

I wish I could get one of the local store owners that has gone one step further than ours to jump up and fight. I will call him "Mr. P"
    His store is way further into this than I am. He has had the third inspection...and been told his FFL was revoked. He is on his last appeal in the appeals process. BUT When you contact him he seems to be so worried about getting more trouble sent his way.

This makes me think of that sheep herd everyone refers to....like we are all standing in a field with an electric fence around us. The occational sheep gets ZAPPED...a few say "did you see that?" some answer "that was wrong...fluffy didn't deserve that"...and the rest just act like they didn't see a thing. Meanwhile the fence is being moved tighter in every day.

I really hope to get this crazy policy out in the spotlight. I am going to see if the person I spoke with can get "Mr. P" to jump up and fight also. Maybe he has a more persuasive way of getting to him. I really appreciate any help we can get. I also will contact you (in Arizona soon if I find I need legal help.) For now, I am stuck...this thing they are doing is not breaking the law (as far as I can tell) they are just abusing a vague set of abilities they are allowed to have.

I bet I get audited soon...then we will see where we stand. That is the "third" one and I cannot imagine what will happen.

I think by having legal representation you are saying to the BATFE that they had better dot their i's and cross their t's because they are not dealing with someone who is easily pushed around. Attorneys have a way of projecting an attitude that tends to hinder the efforts of those pushing the boundries of legal and illegal.