In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Government...........

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
Is not reason,it is Not eloquence,it IS Force;like fire,a troublesome servant and a fearful master.NEVER for a moment should it be LEFt to Irresponsible action.
George Washington

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government has grown out of too much government.
Senator John Sharp Williams 1912

The only legitimate right to govern ia an express grant of power from the governed.

William Henry Harrison

Public confidence in the integrity of the Government is indespensable to faith in democracy;and when we lose faith in the system,we have lost faith in EVERYTHING we fight and spend for.
Adlai E. Stevens

Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants.
William Penn

Were we directed from WASHINGTON when to sow and when to reap,we should soon want bread.
Thomas Jefferson

The American wage earner and the American housewife are a lot better economists than most economists care to admit.They know that a GOVERNMENT BIG enough to give you EVERYTHING you WANT is a Government BIG enough to TAKE from you EVERTHING that you have.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I really, really like that last paragraph!

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Me too! Here,Here![:D]
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Most or any of these would be good in a card,or poster......We need to educate the people on what the founders were doing,the government won't.Its up to us to show the way,??????