In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another really Dangerous criminal arrested!

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
For starters the "crime" here is not even a misdemeanor, it?_Ts only a quasi-criminal city of Chicago ordinance violation. Illinois cities and villages don't have the authority to create laws that are felonies or misdemeanors. Failure to register a firearm is only a city ordinance violation. They're most likely handguns that Chicago refuses to register anyway.

So they caught another gun collector with his lifetime collection. Was he an armed robber? A rapist? A killer? A parole violator? Perhaps some other dangerous desperado? Nope! He's an elementary school principal!

No they can?_Tt put him in jail for this. They can fine him and destroy his collection that would have a minimum value of $6,000.00 but probably more than $20,000,00 to priceless depending on what he collects. One more punishment for this miscreant, they can fire him from his job and take away his retirement benifits.

Yes folks gun laws are effective against anyone but dangerous criminals.

Police Find 61 Unregistered Firearms In Principal's Home

POSTED: 9:18 am CDT October 10, 2004

CHICAGO -- A Chicago elementary school principal was charged with possession of 61 unregistered firearms this weekend, NBC5 News reported.

Police conducted a search of the south-side home of John Lewis, 50, and found the guns.

Lewis was charged with 61 counts of possessing unregistered firearms, which is a misdemeanor, NBC5 News reported.

Lewis is principal of Arthur L. Libby School on South Loomis.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• Options
    James R. K.James R. K. Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    61 guns? $20,000 would be the low end.

[:D] Every time I shoot I hit something [:D] Leo Carrillo as "Pancho" in The Cisco Kid TV Series [:)]
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same old liberal "double speak" profess to eliminate crime by eleminating the problem, FIREARMS, but the true criminals a mearly laughing all the wayto the bank!!!!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how long he has been collecting.
    I would guess longer than the laws have been in effect.
    So with one stroke of a pen, he is a criminal.

He sounds like someone to really worry about committing a crime. /sarcasm.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After Richard J Daley's kept promise of one time free registration Daley and his empty promise died (1976) Under Mayor Harold Washington, handguns were banned and the new registration demanded 5.00 per gun per year with a new registration every year. Registration became a cash cow and confiscation tool.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This is what tyrannies do.They separate people out of the 'herd' and demonize them..and the herd cheers when they are butchered.

Gun people are systematically being cut out and demonized..after all,gun people are the ONLY method of defense from tyranny...
    Sadly..so many so-called 'gun people' also cheer...always quick to point out...."all's the man had to do was obey the law.."

The Founders would spit on us.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    More lies reported about this case:

"He did have a valid FOID [firearm owner's identification] card, for one weapon," a police spokeswoman said.

This is pure bullsnot since a vaild FIOD card does NOT limit the number of guns you may own. The FIOD card is not gun registration, it's gun/s owner registration.

Principal faces gun charges

The principal of a South Side elementary school is being stripped of his position pending the outcome of an investigation into the discovery of dozens of allegedly unregistered guns in his home, officials said Sunday. John Lewis, 50, of the 9300 block of South Claremont, was charged with 61 counts of possessing unregistered firearms after the guns were found by authorities in his home over the weekend, Chicago Police said. Lewis is principal of Libby Elementary School at 53rd and Loomis. "He did have a valid FOID [firearm owner's identification] card, for one weapon," a police spokeswoman said. "We will be pulling him from the school; we'll be assigning an acting principal pending the outcome of the whole matter," said Chicago Public Schools spokesman Peter Cunningham. "No one can recall anything exactly like this." Libby has more than 800 students enrolled in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, according to an education Web site.

Defender
  • Options
    rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois gunlaws must be different than ours. It's not illegal to have unregistered guns here in North Carolina. When I go get a permit to buy a handgun the form asks if you plan to register your gun. I always check the no box, and I've never been turned down or even asked about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The laws are a lot different. Start with the handgun ban...

Defender
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    This is what tyrannies do.They separate people out of the 'herd' and demonize them..and the herd cheers when they are butchered.

Gun people are systematically being cut out and demonized..after all,gun people are the ONLY method of defense from tyranny...
    Sadly..so many so-called 'gun people' also cheer...always quick to point out...."all's the man had to do was obey the law.."

The Founders would spit on us.

Highball, you understand the situation oh so well. Sad thing is it took me many decades to finally see a comment like yours as coming, not from a wild-eyed extremist as the anti-gun people would label and demonize you, but as a person who is not blind as so many are.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    TR Fox;
    Not much keeps me going anymore..but the occasional understanding by intelligent people is worth the pain of standing by and watching the demise of all I hold dear...

I realize that I put people off by my 'brashness'..and outspokeness.But that USED to be a plus....
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what brought on the search of his home in the first place.

2-barrel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The hapless gun owner/criminal went to a gun range in the suburbs where handguns are legal and paid snitch followed him home and told the cops he had a handgun. That resulted the school principal having his door kicked in by the Chicago Police Gang Crimes Unit. This is done nearly every day now. Most all of the time the cops don't get but one or two guns per case and don't make the newspapers unless they get a collector. Chicago gun owners need to get informed that they're targets of paid snitches. Mayor Richaed M. Daley likes it that way...

Defender