In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Florida law ?

GatorBucGatorBuc Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
If I buy a rifle through a licensed dealer, go through the waiting period, and receive my rifle, is it traceable to me if it is stolen and used in a crime?
Am I liable for a rifle that has been stolen from me?

Comments

• jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Others will correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that if the weapon is recovered by the police, (at a crime scene or any other place) they can run the serial number and trace it back to the FFL holder that sold it or processed the paperwork. They will then go to the FFL holder and find out who he sold it to. So the short answer is: Yes. If you bought a rifle through a licensed dealer it is traceable back to you.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    If you are worried about the possibility..it BEHOVES you, if stolen, to get thee down to the police station and REPORT the stolen weapon.

Otherwise...YOU are on the hook, yes.
  • GatorBucGatorBuc Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well! Well! What an idiot I am!!! Searched my attic 3 times, my wife told me look on the other side, I told her it never was on that side. Called sheriff to report stolen. Deputy wanted to look in the attic to satisfy detective, he looked where my wife said to look and ask what is in this case. My AR-15 of course not stolen! Getting old I guess!!!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]

Happens sometimes.
    I lost a shotgun in the house for over a year.
    Finally found it when I was looking for something else. (of course)

Now that you found it, you should take it out and.....SHOOT IT. [;)]

And welcome to the forum.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What else did the cops find?