In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Laughing at Suicide Bombers?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
I guess I'm feeling especially weird today (see? I said it to save some of you the trouble) but this crazy idea for a Saturday Night live skit just poped into my head. It involves a Star Trek Epioside, the poliltically correct attitude shown in Star Trek regarding accepting any and all "semi-peaceful aliens" in the galaxy wide civilizations and the "alien" attitude of the Muslim Suicide Bombers.

A skit could go something along the lines of Capt. Kirk and his crew having been politically correct forced to accept a member of a newly discovered alien race from the planet Islam who had one very undesirable trait. Whenever the members of that society of the planet Islam found themselves in a social situation they did not approve of, they would blow themselves (and that situation) up. You could have a scene of Capt. Kirk and some of his officers (including that alien from planet Islam) sitting around a conference table debating some important action they must take. After each member voiced a suggested course of action, everyone would stop and look nervously over at the planet Islam crew member. If that member appears calm, them everyone would relax and continue with the discussion.

Could this be a funny skit or not? BTW, I am not trying to nor do I mean to be making fun of any good and decent people, American troops, etc. who have actually been killed or injured by those damn suicide bombers.

Comments

• Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be funny but the mainstream media would call you racist, intolerable, hate -monger, politically incorrect, etc, etc. The only group of people in this country you can make fun of and get away with is us ( myself ) Christians. God will settle accounts in the end though.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey TR,........got another one!
    Don't know if you remember SCTV or not, but if you do,.........remember the skit they did with the "exploding" celebrities? They would come out on stage, and then John Candy, or one of the other cast would push a button, and boom,........."He blowed up REAL good" they would say![:D]
    It was a very bizarre skit, but I was young, and thought it was hilarious at the time,.........hope you remember that.
    That would be a good way for them to be able to become "martyrs"
    I volunteer to trip the switch!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you might have a chance of getting it on MAD TV, as they seem a little bit more edgy than SNL.

I think the skit could end with one of those female officers walking into the room, in her skimpy mini skirt from the classic series, and the alien from planet Islam blows up when he sees her.
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lol + 1 oh i don't know if it was you TR, or Mark, but i loved the comment in another post about the hypo-allergenic prayer mats if the Hajji's are allergic to carpet[:D]
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't help but think about a real American's pep talk in WWII, General George Patton. "Nobody ever won a war giving his life for his country, he did it by getting the other poor ba$tard to give his life for HIS country." If all the towel heads blow their a$$es to Allah then we won't have to worry about them. Plus they are gonna be shocked when they find out there aren't that many virgins in the world.