In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Extension of the Ban

CFPythonCFPython Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
Newspaper this morning (Orlando Sentinel) reporting that Pres. Bush is in favor of extending the assault rifle ban past 2004. I hope he isn't going to follow in his father's footsteps and cave in on gun control.[:(][:(!][:(!][:(]

The only thing worse than lawbreakers, are lawmakers.

Comments

• hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    President Bush will extend the AW ban after 2004 because he is up for reelection next year. There is very little chance that the Senate will vote to end the ban anyway because the Republicans don't have a large enough majority. Therefore Bush probably won't be faced with making a choice..............Hondo
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He won't be getting my vote, then.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • 1/61Bco5INFdiv1/61Bco5INFdiv Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pre-Ban or Post-Ban? (AKA "We're in charge, so if we think it's ugly then it's illegal")

Edward M. Owen Jr., Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch of the BATF:

"Semiautomatic pistols and rifles assembled after September 13, 1994, and possessing two or more of the features listed in [Section 921 (a) (30), Title 18 U.S.C.] are semiautomatic assault weapons as defined. The fact that the receiver may have been manufactured prior to September 13, 1994, is immaterial to classification of a weapon as a semiautomatic assault weapon. Additionally, payment or non-payment of excise tax is also immaterial to classification of a firearm as a semiautomatic assault weapon."

Any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as;
    -Norinco, Mitchell, Poly Technologies, Avtomat Kalashinikovs.
    -Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI, Galil.
    -Beretta Ar70 (SC-70).
    -Colt AR-15
    -Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC.
    -SWD M-10, M-11, M-11-9, M-12.
    -Steyr AUG.
    -Intratec TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22.
    -Revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.

Any semiautomatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following features:
    -a folding or telescoping stock.
    -a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
    -a bayonet mount.
    -a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor.
    -a grenade launcher.(like they weren't already illegal:)

A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following features:
    -an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip.
    -a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer.
    -a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned.
    -a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
    -a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of the following features:
    -a folding or telescoping stock.
    -a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
    -a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds.
    -an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

I can see a bunch of Clintonites (circa 10 years back) sitting around drinking designer coffee looking at pictures of guns. "Oh my god!", says Diane Feinstein, "that's a horrible looking gun, add that one to the ban list right away."
    And then Hillary chimes in, "Yes, I agree. Why would anyone but a mass murderer think they need something like that".
    Ridiculous? Well they actually had the balls to tell Americans that this was going to reduce crime. As we all know this is Federal law, but many states like Kalifornia, New Jersey, Maryland, NYC and others have their own laws buried underneath the Feds, so for them nothing can change.
    Anyway the 1994 Crime Bill expires in september of 2004. It must be upheld to remain in effect. In other words, if President Bush does nothing it will go away. This will be prime re-election campaign time. What do you all think about that? what are your gut feelings? I assume you can assume what mine are:)
    edited November -1
    Like I said, If it stands in ANY form, he doesn't get my vote.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahmen: Brother GunPhreak, in fact, I may never vote again. If we seriously consider the "System Operation" our Vote is Mute anyway. Powerful behind the powerful, all done with Smoke and Mirrors. 10% Honesty - 90% Bull S-it.
    I really can't fault the American Public as to being niave, I too was Niave, it came as a hit from a Stun Gun, when the Justice Department revealed to me the fact. "Our Man G.W." is behind the push against Guns, (and the ATF doesn't specify), all guns are fair game, and the ATF comes by Hook or Crook.

Picture: Gunbroker is being constantly moniterd by the ATF, any comments here is put into a Data Base (to be used later against any individual making a negative comment) In other words: Anyone owning any gun of any type, is subject.(period).

Condsider: The Federal Attorney's carry Concealed within the Court Room, while at the same time expounding to the News Media and Public, their Great Dislike of Firearms. (trust; I know this to be true).

I tell you; (write this down) "The only firearms the Federal Employees appreciate are the ones they carry". They feel "all other guns are un-necessary". (I can fully understand their viewpoint).

In writing this in this Forum, I have surly secured myself an extra couple years to my sentence when it arrives in July. Yet my Love of Country and Freedom forces me to do so. (thus I am an enemy of the State and will be classified as Un-American). At 17 years of age; I swore this oath: "I am an American Fightingman, I serve in the Forces which guard my Country and Our Way of Life, I am prepared to give my life in their Defence". I am just as resolute to that Oath today as I was then. Now, I must pay a price for that OATH.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahmen: Brother GunPhreak, in fact, I may never vote again. If we seriously consider the "System Operation" our Vote is Mute anyway. Powerful behind the powerful, all done with Smoke and Mirrors. 10% Honesty - 90% Bull S-it.
    I really can't fault the American Public as to being niave, I too was Niave, it came as a hit from a Stun Gun, when the Justice Department revealed to me the fact. "Our Man G.W." is behind the push against Guns, (and the ATF doesn't specify), all guns are fair game, and the ATF comes by Hook or Crook.

Picture: Gunbroker is being constantly moniterd by the ATF, any comments here is put into a Data Base (to be used later against any individual making a negative comment) In other words: Anyone owning any gun of any type, is subject.(period).

Condsider: The Federal Attorney's carry Concealed within the Court Room, while at the same time expounding to the News Media and Public, their Great Dislike of Firearms. (trust; I know this to be true).

I tell you; (write this down) "The only firearms the Federal Employees appreciate are the ones they carry". They feel "all other guns are un-necessary". (I can fully understand their viewpoint).

In writing this in this Forum, I have surly secured myself an extra couple years to my sentence when it arrives in July. Yet my Love of Country and Freedom forces me to do so. (thus I am an enemy of the State and will be classified as Un-American). At 17 years of age; I swore this oath: "I am an American Fightingman, I serve in the Forces which guard my Country and Our Way of Life, I am prepared to give my life in their Defence". I am just as resolute to that Oath today as I was then. Now, I must pay a price for that OATH.

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    You know what I think, Ronnie? The day of revolution will occur when at least one of two things happen. The first, the pulling of the 2nd Amendment. The Second, and probably most likely, is when Sozialist Insecurity runs out and the peasants raise their arms to take down the "masters" that looted the storehouse and left nothing for them.

The government figured it out. It has become their job to remove the weapons from the "peasants" to prevent that. Incremental criminalization has even been talked about in the Bible, as has "weapons control" by not allowing the Jews to have a blacksmith "who could forge and manufacture swords and spears and the like. Am I correct, Ronnie?

Death to Tyrants!!!