In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vote Here Please on Gun Laws/No Gun Laws

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
This is going to be an easy question to vote on. Please don't try to weasel around and hedge your vote. Just read the question and vote "yes" or "no." If you understandably wish to explain your position and vote, then we can start a new thread and everyone can explain there. For now, if you care to "play the game" please just vote. It will be interesting to see just how many here who scream about wanting absolutely no gun laws will put themselves on record with a vote "for" this particular question. So here goes.

Question: In regards to having absolutely no gun laws, one thing that would happen would be that you would see firearms sold out of vending machines, just as cigarettes were years ago. This means of course that ANYBODY who obtained the cash or credit card could purchase a firearm out of a vending machine and nobody could do one damn thing about it until and if that firearm was misused.

Please vote simply "yes" or "no" on the following question. Do you support no gun laws to include selling firearms from vending machines?

I vote first and I vote "no."

Comments

• wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a free people (non-incarcerated),

No infringement upon the RTKBA. NONE.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Ummmm.....Lets see.....Shall not be infringed.....Hmmm......Yes...NO...Yes....No....Yes...No...Yes....Uh Nope, no laws[^]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Look, you driveling dolt, you asked the SAME thing in your other thread.

The answer was NO LAWS there, and I say the SAME thing here.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Too bad the concept escapes you Larry.
    edited November -1
    No...gun...LAWS...at...all.

Can...you...grasp...the...concept...?
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    No...gun...LAWS...at...all.

Can...you...grasp...the...concept...?

Nope, he is unable to grasp the concept! Comprehension is not one of his strong suits.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    It doesn't get much more clear then "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". I wish I could of bought one from a vending machine at 10.[}:)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    No gun laws.
    Bring on the vending machines.

Same as last time..a year or two ago.

I suggest you post this over on general.
    There are MANY anti-gunners over there...and they will support you willingly.
    Hereabouts, we support the Constitution...not your sold-out,weak-kneed Quisling brothers-in-disarmed government lackey camp-follower mind-set.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long ago before the day of vending machines one could buy a gun from anyone.
    tr vending machines are to small to carry any kind of variety of firearms. Then what about ammo? A seperate machine for ammo would be needed also. It just wouldn't be economical. Besides crimminals would break into the vending machines just like they do homes and steal the guns driving prices up to compensate for it. Hence the reason we don't see vending machines selling gold and silver bars.

"Shall Not Be Infringed" means what again?
    If you haven't got it by now my answer is simply NO!!
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, so long as they are the new style vending machines that take debit cards, else I might be tempted to break out the crowbar, sledge hammer, or just roll it end over end down the highway till it opens up.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Hunter ;
    Don't throw facts into foxes little wet dreams about 'beating us to death' with his towering intellect and shattering revelations. You will merely confuse the poor guy into fits of rage......
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    I like vending machines could I get a snickers with my AK[:0][:D].

Shall not be infringed is a purtty simple statement........Sheeeezz

A better question for You fox is....Should the law of the jungle be the law of the land. There would be far less of everthing if we were still livin in the times of "if u screw up , You will die" not sit in prison and watch HBO while I pay for your stay. Think about it.... JMHO of course
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Mr. Fox, you ought to go over to General and scoop up some of your anti-second buddies and have them help your vote here.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you guys feel beat to death yet?
    Do you need saved?
  • ringchildringchild Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Do you need saved?

not yet.
    if that's all he's got, i'm embarassed for him.

back to the topic.....
    i would no more advocate allowing a 6 year old to obtain a weapon in an unsupervised fashion than i would advocate them driving a hemi cuda by themselves.
    a gun and a car can both kill just as easily.

there are some things that children should not be allowed to do without the direct supervision of their parents.

but if i, or any other free adult citizen wants to purchase a firearm, it is our right to do so in an unimpeded manner.

don't like it?
    move to a country that's more aligned with your views.

so, mr fox, answer me this....
    do you think that it's society's responsibility to teach a child respect and right thinking, or the parents'?
    do you think that i should be responsible for your kid's behavioral problems, or should you be held responsible?
    if i get arrested for dui tonight, should i have your bar closed?
    why do gun grabbers always bring minor children into the argument, when this is clearly an issue for adults?
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This again, ok I'll play along.NO gun Laws.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amazing the lengths that a person will go to trying to skate around the REAL meaning of the 2nd.[xx(]

My answer should be known here.
    At times freedom costs, and when that happens punishment should be severe and rapid.

We already have 10X more laws addressing CRIMES with guns than we need. Problem is that they are not pursued, nor carried out to fruition as intended. Lacking that we end up with the mindset of the OP.[V]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ringchild
    Do you need saved?

not yet.

back to the topic.....
    i would no more advocate allowing a 6 year old to obtain a weapon in an unsupervised fashion than i would advocate them driving a hemi cuda by themselves.

there are some things that children should not be allowed to do without the direct supervision of their parents.

but if i, or any other free adult citizen wants to purchase a firearm, it is our right to do so in an unimpeded manner.

don't like it?

do you think that it's society's responsibility to teach a child respect and right thinking, or the parents'?
    do you think that i should be responsible for your kid's behavioral problems, or should you be held responsible?
    why do gun grabbers always bring minor children into the argument, when this is clearly an issue for adults?

Well if the 6 year old has the money let him buy. We already treat him like an adult. At least then the police will have a reason to taser or shoot him... wait they do that without a reason already.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    No guns laws restricting the selling and possession of firearms in the FREE society.

Parents control their children.

Criminals jailed or dead.

Honest citizens do not have their daily lives intruded by government regulation of a god given right.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly
    Well if the 6 year old has the money let him buy. We already treat him like an adult. At least then the police will have a reason to taser or shoot him... wait they do that without a reason already.

i didn't mean to imply that those above the age of 6 are magically mature and responsible enough simply by virtue of their years on this planet, and i am certainly not opposed to a parent deciding how old their child has to be before they are allowed to use and own firearms (raised in a family of leos, shot my 1st .22 at 4, owned my first .22 rifle at 9).

i do, however, feel that it would be fairly irresponsible to actually sell a firearm to a person who still believes in peter pan, when an adult who held such beliefs would most likely be institutionalized, and therefore ineligible to purchase one in the 1st place.

as for the last part...
    if a cop needs to use a weapon against an unarmed child, they should perhaps be looking into a different line of work (license plate manufacturing, perhaps?).
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ringchild
    Do you need saved?

not yet.

back to the topic.....

don't like it?

What is so hard to understand that with absolutely no gun control laws (as many here advocate) children, people with serious mental disabilities, etc. could quickly easily obtain firearms. In other words people that many people here don't want to have firearms.

In red above. Are you aware that if firearms were sold out of vending machines then children and anybody else who wanted to could and would buy those guns? If small children want something bad enough, they will just raid their parents wallet/purse and get the cash or credit card and go by the gun out of the vending machine.

You and others seem to be missing that either by accident or on purpose.

In regards to beating you guys to death with the ignorant idea of having absolutely no gun laws, surely you don't think I'm through yet.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

What is so hard to understand that with absolutely no gun control laws (as many here advocate) children, people with serious mental disabilities, etc. could quickly easily obtain firearms. In other words people that many people here don't want to have firearms.

In red above. Are you aware that if firearms were sold out of vending machines then children and anybody else who wanted to could and would buy those guns? If small children want something bad enough, they will just raid their parents wallet/purse and get the cash or credit card and go by the gun out of the vending machine.

You and others seem to be missing that either by accident or on purpose.

In regards to beating you guys to death with the ignorant idea of having absolutely no gun laws, surely you don't think I'm through yet.

well, if it's an all or nothing issue, then no, no laws at all.
    if a child kills someone because they're too immature to handle a gun, then the parents are responsible.
    let the parents give their child a good spankin' without fear of prison, and they might learn respect.

it might be rough for a while, but hopefully it will iron itself out over time.

of course, as i said, i don't think minor children (at least as young as 6) should be able to buy w/o parental permission. it's more of a concern about the parents being responsible for their kid, than it is a concern about guns (i wouldn't want a 6 year old being able to buy that cuda, or a bottle of oxycontin, or a 5th of jack, without parental permission, either).

i think that the safest way to sell guns from vending machines is to keep the vending machines in bars.

if a 6 year old wants one, and they're smart enough to figure out how to use mommy's cc# to order one from sears, god bless 'em, and i hope they put that bright little mind to positive use.

so, now, please answer the questions i previously asked:

why do gun grabbers always bring minor children into the argument, when this is clearly an issue for adults (considering my feelings on parents taking responsibility for their kids, it is an adult's issue)?

as for you being through beating me to death with your denigration of my ideas, do your kind ever stop?
    edited November -1
    Well tr.....balls in your court....WTH over[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IdahoRedneck
    Well tr.....balls in your court....WTH over[:)]

I don't think that, that particular word should be used in a sentence with his username. Kind of a oxymoron. [:D]

You might notice that TR yaks alot, and says nothing. He ran away from the LAST thread with the VERY same subject.

Oops, I forgot. Pickenup MUST have saved us. [:o)][;)]
    edited November -1
    Been following and have seen the same[:D] Perhaps "balls" was not quite the word[;)]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I was going to wait awhile and let some of you convoluted thinking guys indict yourselves to a greater degree, but it is late, I getting tired and bored with you guys. So here is a DIRECT AND SPECIFIC question you will not like:

Regarding your own personal firearms, do you leave them loaded and unattended BOTH in your home and/or when out in public? Thereby making it possible for a child or deranged criminal to easily pickup your firearm and kill/injure someone (someone like you)?

I will give you all time to dig your own graves on this subject and then I will be back.
    edited November -1
    Don't wet yourself Fox but yesI do have loaded firearms in my home. loaded, cocked, and the slack out of the trigger Oh, I'm so ashamed of myself!!!.....NOT!!!![:p][:p][:p][:p][:X][:X]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So here is a DIRECT AND SPECIFIC question you will not like:

Regarding your own personal firearms, do you leave them loaded and unattended BOTH in your home and/or when out in public? Thereby making it possible for a child or deranged criminal to easily pickup your firearm and kill/injure someone (someone like you)?

I will give you all time to dig your own graves on this subject and then I will be back.
    Yes tr I even leave the gas can for the lawn mower out without the cap on it at the local school playground. I also let infants play with fillet knives, and this year instead of candy(don't want the tikes to have too many cavities)I handed out 357's on halloween so the kids could protect themselves from molestors. I also leave the keys in my car at all times no matter where I go and never lock the house.
    Your close though, I leave my 1911 hanging from the mailbox loop by the trigger guard. But I do keep the safety on in case it's windy the gun doesn't go off, one can never be too safe when it comes to firearms. That way I don't forget it when leaving to the store. I also leave it on the hood of my car while shopping that way it's a deterant to criminals that might want to burglarize my car.

You really are completely insane aren't you.[:(]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I was going to wait awhile and let some of you convoluted thinking guys indict yourselves to a greater degree, but it is late, I getting tired and bored with you guys. So here is a DIRECT AND SPECIFIC question you will not like:

Here's a question right back at you.

tr fox:

Do you support the US Constitution 100%?

Now start diggin.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Don't wet yourself Fox but yesI do have loaded firearms in my home. loaded, cocked, and the slack out of the trigger Oh, I'm so ashamed of myself!!!.....NOT!!!![:p][:p][:p][:p][:X][:X]

+1
    Same here.
    edited November -1
    trfox, dude, you are far past becoming an embarrassing display.

You are really getting desperate to 'somehow', 'someway', get 'someone' to agree with your collectivist-views on individual liberty, huh?

Just a thought for you to ponder.........It just may be that it is your views that are flawed and the lack of support for your ethic & philosophy in this area clearly indicates that it is you who are flawed.

In policing, we call that.......'a clue'.

Just so you know...
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

not yet.

back to the topic.....

don't like it?

[/quote]

I wasn't gonna get in on this one but well said ringchild, well said.

How about no more legislation period. Repeal everything since 1913 including the federal reserve act and I would be ok with that. I fear that we are losing our free Republic. Remember, an armed populice is a polite society.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    trfox, dude, you are far past becoming an embarrassing display.

You are really getting desperate to 'somehow', 'someway', get 'someone' to agree with your collectivist-views on individual liberty, huh?

Just a thought for you to ponder.........It just may be that it is your views that are flawed and the lack of support for your ethic & philosophy in this area clearly indicates that it is you who are flawed.

In policing, we call that.......'a clue'.

Just so you know...

I don't think Fox gets it. He put up a post the other day and nobody would agree with him. In fact he was asked a couple questions, which he ignored. Then he started this post, which is the exact same as the other post, and he STILL can't get anyone to agree with him.

I don't quite get it either, because I know there are more like him here. Why won't they post? Embarrassed? Ashamed? Know they're stupid?
    C'mon antis jump right in and enlighten us "crazies"[:X][:X]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I think he wants to know if we keep loaded firearms out and about so he can report each and every one of us to the Gestapo.

TR, it is a parents responsibility to teach their children right from wrong. When I was growing up there was loaded firearms all over my house, but I knew better than to touch my fathers guns.

From a young age I would saddle up my horse, slide the 39a in the scabbard, model 19 on the hip and head into the woods for 2-3 days at a time.

I know accountability and responsibility is a hard idea for you to grasp, but it does exist, and is still being taught in some households by people who think responsibility is more than just lip service.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shall not be infringed = no laws

Punishment for crimes committed with arms, very few and very severe.
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    So here is a DIRECT AND SPECIFIC question you will not like:

Yes tr I even leave the gas can for the lawn mower out without the cap on it at the local school playground. I also let infants play with fillet knives, and this year instead of candy(don't want the tikes to have too many cavities)I handed out 357's on halloween so the kids could protect themselves from molestors. I also leave the keys in my car at all times no matter where I go and never lock the house.
    Your close though, I leave my 1911 hanging from the mailbox loop by the trigger guard. But I do keep the safety on in case it's windy the gun doesn't go off, one can never be too safe when it comes to firearms. That way I don't forget it when leaving to the store. I also leave it on the hood of my car while shopping that way it's a deterant to criminals that might want to burglarize my car.

You really are completely insane aren't you.[:(]

I know where my kid is trick-or-treating next year.[:D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every handgun, and every rifle I own is loaded fully and ready to be used if needed.
    Full mags and one in the chamber. I even keep my bolt action .270 loaded and ready to fire. Some are kept in my safe, but some are not. Has nothing to do with kids as I have none,......if I did, I would still have loaded firearms around the house.

Does that answer your question?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Ahhhh...

Today is a good day, and to answer the question beeramid posed, I support the Constitution 100%.
    edited November -1

my weapons are loaded and ready, and kept in an easily accessed place.
    i don't have children in my home, so that is a moot point.
    regardless, when i leave my home, my weapons go into the safe (just in case someone wants to rob my house while i'm away, at least i know they're not getting my guns).

as far as an unattended gun in a home with children......
    my father, being an officer and knowing what a bg is capable of, taught me how to use his llama .380 auto when i was 7, and by the time i was 9, he made sure i knew where it was kept and that it was loaded, and that i knew how to protect myself and my younger sister with it in case something happened.
    i never used it to shoot a classmate, i never used it as a toy to play cops and robbers with my friends, i never brought it to school, and as a matter of fact, the only time i ever even picked it up was when we were training with it (either at the range or learning to tear it down in the kitchen).

it was a trouble free experience, because my dad took the time to teach me respect and discipline before he considered me mature enough to use a firearm in an unsupervised manner, if need be.

as i said, i believe the majority kids that cause problems were not properly raised or taught respect (for firearms or people), and that is the fault of the parents.

the solution is not to limit the law abiding.
    the answer is to hold parents accountable for their kid's actions, and let them discipline their kids as they see fit (obvious abuse aside).
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unloaded weapons defeat the purpose of their intended use, hence, every weapon that is immediately accessible in my home is loaded.

My kids are taught as I was; they do not touch any of the weapons in my home unless I or their mother are present. Both of them have learned from an early age that, until verified by the handler, all weapons are loaded and ready to discharge. They have learned well.

Each of them have a Chipmunk single-shot .22 rifle and a Remington 870 youth model. They are familiar with not only their own weapons, but mine as well. Although their dexterity may prevent them from opening the action on a few, I have familiarized them enough with all of them that they know how to open an action and visualize the chamber.

Furthermore, they also know that once a weapon leaves their hands, even if they maintain eye contact on it the entire time, the first action they take when they receive the weapon again is to open the action and confirm it is unloaded. Some folks may view this as unecessary or redundant, but it is the way I was taught; FWIW, I never witnessed my Dad experience a negligent discharge of a weapon. Neither my brother nor myself have experienced a ND with a weapon, and the same goes for my kids.

In short, it is about 'responsibility'; not only accepting it, but teaching it as well, and one law or 20,000+ laws will never serve as a substitute for it.

With rights comes responsibility, and if folks are unwilling to take that responsibility, they should be willing to accept the consequences of their refusal to exercise it.