In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Minnisota school shooting totally avoidable

NecrotismNecrotism Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
hmm what i found interesting about this incident is that it happened
on a federally funded "indian" reservation.. by an alleged neo-nazi
indian kid (ok for you PC freaks a Native-American).. takes some
uhh... curious thought processes to be considered an ethnic minority
AND be a neo-nazi...(kinda like being addicted to cocaine AND being
fat ala david crosby) of course this could all be FBI spin... you
know how they sent out all the misinformation on the branch
davidians to justify the murders....

and the kid who did it, stole and used police guns, and a police
car, plus a BR vest from his grandfather.. after killing him...

the school had all the latest and greated so-called safety features
and security guards.. not even armed.. ain't regulations great?
don't you feel safer now about going into these "gun free" zones?

quite obviously we shouldn't be arming police officers, because had
the police not been armed in the first place, this violence would
never have happened.

I mean we *could* let police be armed... only while on duty.. then
after that.,. all firearms must remained locked at the station. no
guns left in the police cars, no vests in the police cars.. all
police weapons must be stored at a government regulated and
controled police station, so that they can't hurt *the children*..
this is the second time this month i've heard about irrisponsible
police officers getting their guns stolen from them.. once in an
unattended police car, the next one right out of their house... Why
is it we arm the police?

Also keep in mind that it was in Atlanta where a woman officer was
over powered, killed with her own weapon which was taken and used on a rampage.. yet another example of police guns used in a crime that
was quite preventable if police weren't armed.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Some excellent logic there. I have had many of the same thoughts.

For example, why bother to have unarmed security guards when there is even a TINY chance that they might encounter an armed assilant?

In the case of the unarmed guard at the school shooting, the guard apparently was not even able to act as so much as a "speed bump" to the shooter as far as stopping or slowing the shooter down.

When, oh when will the naive, left-wing people learn that if there is a chance that your security guard MIGHT face a shooter, that guard should also have a gun.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • NecrotismNecrotism Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"

Over in the politics forum you can read the bill of rights, as the government sees and enforces them today that i posted last week.. its humorous, but sad because it is sooo true.
  • nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what the exalted Dr. Ward Churchill would have to say about a Native-Ametrican Nazi......NOT!!! [:o)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unarmed security guards is insanity. Plain and simple. Can't fault the security guard for trying to put bread on the table, but an unarmed guard is worse than no guard at all.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This Minnesota case, like so many others, reminds me again of the futility of trying to control who may have guns. This kid wasn't a legal gun owner -- he stole the weapons he used. No amount of gun-control fanaticism could stop that. It's much the same as the female deputy wherever the heck it was a week or two ago who had her gun taken away by the prisoner, who then used it to kill the judge and several others. Well, heck, I guess we should maybe get rid of ALL guns, and then gun violence would cease -- but then you'd have this 16-year-old kid killing people with a bow and arrow (no racial offense intended) or a sharp stick or a rock or with his hands or by peeing in their lasagna or .... well, you get the idea. Lizzie Borden didn't use a gun to off her old man. [:(]
  • Shadow83Shadow83 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PEEP! [:o)]

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government.