In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Castle Doctrine--what effects do you forsee?

RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
I just found/posted some interesting stats under (Old but interesting CCW Stats.) It begs the question--what effect will the Castle Doctrine have on crime?

Comments

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it indeed does have a measurable effect, I suspect that it will intimidate the criminals more than anything. I don't think there is any way it could cause an increase in unjustified shootings, because people in general are very good at assessing situations, and aren't likely to take shooting at somebody lightly.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I forsee a greater number of criminals being killed initially until enough states pass this law, and a lowering of homocides (I'll be excluding justifiable ones, because, to me, it is not a homocide, it is a righteous slaying) and an increase in counterproductive suggestions from gun-grabbers to try to circumvent the success of these laws.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Criminals in prison state that they fear the gun in the hand of home owners MUCH more then the police..or courts.

Reasons ? Death vs a holiday. Draw your own conclusions given the facts above.
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennesaw GA passed a law a few years ago requiring every household to have a gun. Within three or four years, there were virtually no violent crimes in Kennesaw (and it's located on I-75 only a few miles north of Atlanta).

The word got around, and criminals intentionally moved to areas where citizens were not carrying heat.

You can figure it from that.
  • RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    Kennesaw GA passed a law a few years ago requiring every household to have a gun. Within three or four years, there were virtually no violent crimes in Kennesaw (and it's located on I-75 only a few miles north of Atlanta).

The word got around, and criminals intentionally moved to areas where citizens were not carrying heat.

You can figure it from that.

quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Well, gosh;
    An armed society is a polite society.

As Highball posted on another thread.......when everyone is armed....everyone is polite[:D]
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Castle Doctrine indeed spreads throughout the land, as it should, we will never know its effects because they will be downplayed and ignored by the media, and academics will discount any positive effects from it, if they even choose to process any of the relevant statistics that would display its effects.

-Wolf
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    If the Castle Doctrine indeed spreads throughout the land, as it should, we will never know its effects because they will be downplayed and ignored by the media, and academics will discount any positive effects from it, if they even choose to process any of the relevant statistics that would display its effects.

-Wolf

I did watch a program on one of the major channels, I think msmbc where the newscaster forcasted a major increase in Florida gun violence because the castle doctrine was passed.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yet somehow Florida is experiencing the lowest crime rate in 34 years, and crime is in the 14th consecutive year of decline there.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060711/LOCAL/60711022
  • BudRBudR Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If the Castle Doctrine indeed spreads throughout the land, as it should, we will never know its effects because they will be downplayed and ignored by the media, and academics will discount any positive effects from it, if they even choose to process any of the relevant statistics that would display its effects."

You are absolutely right, Wolf. And with a media that is riding on the coattails of a government bent on creating a tyranny, they will NEVER report the truth. That would ruin the plan. So, they will continue to ignore the facts and continue to tell lies until the lies become believed as truth by all the sheeple.