In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Great Liberal Lie "Seperation of Church and State"

Civil RightsCivil Rights Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
I cant believe how many people recite this phrase as if it is in the constitution. Thankfully for liberals schools dont teach FACTS anymore and kids grow up believing this garbage.

Comments

• TritonbmcTritonbmc Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Civil Rights
    I cant believe how many people recite this phrase as if it is in the constitution. Thankfully for liberals schools dont teach FACTS anymore and kids grow up believing this garbage.

Thankfully for the religious, churches don't teach FACTS and NEVER HAVE.[;)]
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's 'garbage' if it's fine with you having pope rule the country.

fortunately nobody else wants that.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    The pope rules the world silly. He dictates policy.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Who would have thunk it: A ex-Nazi becoming a Pope. And on top of that not a good Nazi as he was also a deserter.[:0]

quote:Ratzinger has insisted he never took part in combat or fired a shot - adding that his gun was not even loaded - because of a badly infected finger. He was sent to Hungary, where he set up tank traps and saw Jews being herded to death camps. He deserted in April 1944 and spent a few weeks in a prisoner of war camp.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Agreed. The idea behind separation of church and state- which isn't in the constitution- is tied up with free speech (which is)- in that the government won't impose a state religion on the people. Think Holy Roman Empire, Anglican church, etc. Nor will religious figures double dip and be in government- but the idea was NOT that governmental members can't pray in congress, that we can't have prayer in schools, etc.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like everything liberals touch, they basterdized it. it says that congress shall make no law. Having a cross on public land does not a law make. And if these "Oh then you have to have a Budda and a Menora, and a Hindu and a........................" crowd think then we have to allow EVERYTHING even semi religious, they are wrong. They forget that at the time of the constitution, that one of the reasons for coming to America was for freedon OF religion. Not from it. And the ability to choose to worship any form of CHRISTIAN religion you wanted. It was so they could be Methodist, or Prodestant, or Catholic, or nothing at all. So the idea that we would have to honor ALL forms of religion is false. Only those that the country was founded on. Technically speaking. Of course that would never fly in todays world. We have athiests now who cringe and cry like a Vampire whenever they even see a cross on public land. Their life is so devoid of faith or beleive in in ANYTHING that they are miserable and want the rest us just as miserable as they are. No thanks. And no, I'm not a Bible thumper. But I do have my faith and my believe in God. Sometimes, thats all I have. But I cuss and drink just like most everyone else. The difference is, I know that when my time comes, my life will be judged. And on balance, I think, I hope, I will be judged worthy. Even having said all that, the thought of a nothing but dirt and worms, that this is all there is. What a depressing thought.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being the filthy god hating liberal gun owner that I am, I will repeat what I have told my son who is 7 now and fired a 9mm pistol at the range for the first time yesterday. (I was wrapped around him making sure he was safe the whole time all you worrying moms)

The world is full of charlatans and false prophets claiming to know the fate of souls. Fact is not one of them has any credible evidence to support whatever crap they are spouting so we will all just have to wait and see when we get there. Each one of us. In the mean time it seems the best thing to do is try and get along with as many people as you can and avoid the rest.

I also tell him that it is our duty as Americans to stand up and fight and even die for the rights of all Americans to believe in whatever tripe they want to and worship accordingly.

I just want to know where in the bible, (I have 5 of them, all different translations), it says that we should not be allowed to hunt on Sundays? Especially when it seems to be alright to fish.
    [}:)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know why Saxon Pig put this (obvious) RELIGIOUS thread in THIS forum.
    Just because someone said........"constitution" ??
    Sheesh.........

Anyway, it is going to fade away now.