In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new rifle

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
ive posted on here befor that ive been thinking about getting myself a sig 556 rifle. my problem is getting the money up for it. and in all likelyhood ill have to wait for my tax refund check to get it. my question is. even with a pretty good probability of a anti-gun president coming into office it would be at least mid to late 2009 befor any laws could be put into effect right? will i still be able to purchase this rifle in april or at absolute latest may of 2009?

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not saying it "will" happen, but it "can" happen.
    A president can implement and "Executive Order" banning firearms, basically effective immediately.

That is what Bush Sr. and Clinton did.
    Those bans are STILL in effect.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    the new pres doesnt officially take over untill march though right? so if i mailed in my return asap i might be able to squeek by. mabye im over reacting here. think a gun ban would be his fuirst #1 priority?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking about this..and Pickenup said it all. It could happen tomorrow, if we had a mass shooting by some idiot.

Naturally, given the nearly blanket impossibility of carrying a weapon, the odds of some decent citizen stopping it quickly is low. We have the NRA, the Jim Raus', the TRFoxes to thank for that.

Even where they have 'achieved' the dubious privilage of CCWs', the oddds are STILL very low...for many areas are off limits to CCW.