In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brief opinions...pros-cons

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
Poop hits the rotating device

Massive "organized" resistance or...

Small loose individual resistance?

Both?

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the scenerio, but I think the most likely scenerio(s) would be on the individual or small group scale.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U will not stop what is comming .... [xx(]
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    U will not stop what is comming .... [xx(]

But we will stand in opposition regardless, whether you think we can impact it or not.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Small loose individual resistance?
    This will, by necessity, begin the dance.
    There are entirely too many `melkors' out there to risk large group being ratted out to the enemy.

As the smaller successful groups winnow out the `melkors', and start retaking ground, they will be joined by the survivors of other less successful groups.

I believe, after watching this for nearly 50 years, the absolute greatest threat to the existence of a successful Minuteman organization will be treachery. The outright selling out of the group by slimebag Beast-Lovers.

The most successful squad will be the one with the tightest security, and the most efficient method for winnowing out and disposing of traitors.
    Today, if you have ten people surrounding you...one, perhaps two, is dropping a dime on what your group is doing.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    HB,
    You are right on.
    The probably of compromise is directly proportional to the SQUARE of the number of people who have knowlage.
    1=1, 2=4, 3=9, 4=16 and the number go up as you can see.
    This has been the undoing of most organized activity which the government does not condone. Some times 'the more the merrier' does not apply!!![;)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by melkor:

Good luck

Same to you, subject.[:(!]

Take comfort in the fact that, when this Republic is restored, it will have been done by better men that you.

As you enjoy that liberty the Founders intended for you to have, may you sleep well with the knowledge you had absolutley no hand in securing it.[:(!]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    originally posted by melkor:

Good luck

Same to you, subject.[:(!]

Take comfort in the fact that, when this Republic is restored, it will have been done by better men that you.

As you enjoy that liberty the Founders intended for you to have, may you sleep well with the knowledge you had absolutley no hand in securing it.[/blue][:(!]

No Ws, this time around we MUST be smarter. Let those tories HANG from the nearest tree limb from a short rope, AFTER the trial. AS long as we continue to allow the disease to remain in the body, healing cannot take place. Those that will destroy the constitution have NO place here. Let them pack their bababooey and get, or bury them six foot deep. Our survival depends on it.
    edited November -1
    quote:No Ws, this time around we MUST be smarter. Let those tories HANG from the nearest tree limb from a short rope, AFTER the trial. AS long as we continue to allow the disease to remain in the body, healing cannot take place. Those that will destroy the constitution have NO place here. Let them pack their bababooey and get, or bury them six foot deep. Our survival depends on it.
    I find room for argument in several areas of the Constitution ..discussion is valued and welcomed.

I find none at all in the Second Amendment. There are those that will accuse me of being a 'jack-booted thug' over this ..and I find it rather amusing.
    Here I urge EVERY MAN to be armed and vigilant ..to secure freedom for themselves and their country.
    I believe that the garbage urging obedience and disarming to be nothing but subversive agents of foreign governments.
    I believe that they need to be treated accordingly. They prove themselves unfit every time they open their mouths.

Today, they ought to be shunned from the company of decent men.

Tomorrow ..who knows.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:3 I do not support stupidity, and creating chaos, anarchy, and civil disobedence to keep your gun , IS THE REASON U SHOULD NOT HAVE THEM !

This kind of backwards * thinking is precisely why you don't deserve them! Unbelievable statement! I don't believe melkor would have been alive to rat anybody out after the Battle of Concord due to the fact that they would have eliminated him early on.
    edited November -1
    Jpwolf;
    It is always good to hear from the enemy, and those that support it.

Best get used to it..for there will be LOTS more of its ilk as the situation turns ever more desperate.

Truth is...we SHOULD have been in the streets in 1968. We didn't do it.
    We have let some other chances slip by. The important thing is...we do not allow another major advance by the enemy to go unanswered.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    This will work best for me.
  • fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4 U need to lobby and influence politicains, start by firing the worst lobbying group in known history the NRA , and for a new GRass Roots movement , and when U have 100 Million or so, its time to bribe, and currupt your way to some change.

This is by far the worst response I have ever heard. Bribe and deal w/ corrupt people to secure our future, oh yeah and dance w/ the devil, you can trust him. I agree there will be no fight, but I can see me and you will not ever get along together if these are your words. Dont turn your back on me once some type of revolution comes, that I can advise you on.

I am sorry you think resistance is futile, this is not the borg we are dealing with. So don't make a stand, it sounds like if you have a wife it would be her cheating and not highball's.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with HB on this one. And I also agree that smaller groups would be vastly more effective. And I think you can eliminate traitors in the ranks if you reply on those you know. And have known for years. I have several freinds that I would trust with life. And I can count a dozen of them.

I still maintain that patience is a virture. And waiting till the time is right will win the day. As for the second day,, that is anyones guess. I have allways thought that when it hits the fan, various ethnic groups like cajons, will simply fade back into the swamp and dare someone to come get them. Not a task I would want. *L*
    edited November -1
    The fifth is the primary reason to resist. The Constitution's proper place must be restored, and it is long overdue.

quote:Originally posted by melkor

Moving on. I would not be in the Battle of Concord JPWolf , for I would be busy tending to my Slaves, and caring less about the stupid politics of the North.
    .....U brilliant rebels !

Blockheads??? Your 2nd(?) point....wrong war Einstein. I guess you are proof that a chimp can be taught to use the internet, which is pretty good, but you can never teach a chimp history apparently, even if you are a "brilliant" chimp.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I believe that it will start off as individual resistance, but as the word travels that maybe all of the folks being killed by the government are not terrorists people will begin to get angry and join together.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May family owned slaves far before the civil war , I was refering to the Colonies rebelling, JPWolf nice try...
    edited November -1
    Politics of the North? Gee, ok Einstein. The Revolutionary war had no North/(South) connotation, as the war you were referring to had. If you know of information to the contrary, go ahead and elaborate.
    edited November -1
    And this has "what" to do with "politics of the 'North'" and "tending slaves" as in the Civil War? Answer: nothing. You get an "F" in the most important subject of all. Big surprise.
    edited November -1
    You are arguing with a hedonistic dilettante.

Obviously, it is living off the backs of productive people that preceded it ..nothing it has to say is of the slightest importance.
    Sometimes it takes awhile to discern what lies behind what is presented. Entirely too bad that a certain level of intelligence is so entirely wasted on this lump of protoplasm.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    You are arguing with a hedonistic dilettante.

Obviously, it is living off the backs of productive people that preceded it ..nothing it has to say is of the slightest importance.
    Sometimes it takes awhile to discern what lies behind what is presented. Entirely too bad that a certain level of intelligence is so entirely wasted on this lump of protoplasm.

I'm not sure what this means but, I often wonder why anyone even replies to his posts. Reminds me of my BiL when he's dead drunk.
  • bozymotobozymoto Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the double post. I hit post by accident on the previous post.

First, my opinion is, that the fertilizer WON'T hit the impeller. Why would the domestic enemies of freedom quit what has served them so very well to date, and that is incrementalism? The communists / statists now control the entire public education system, all the major colleges, and the MSM. They have us to the point where we followers of Jefferson, Henry, Washington, et al, are today considered "fringe" and "nuts", even by many who consider themselves pro-2A. We've been reduced to hoarding guns and ammo, and burying them, when we should have already pulled them out of safe and out of the hiding places, and put them into action long ago. For them to act too quickly now would be counterproductive for them. All they have to do is wait us out, while we die out, and our homeland security firearms rot in storage. Why would they send thugs to "come and get them", when all they have to do is wait?

Now, for the answer to the question - hypothetically speaking, if the "S" were to "HTF", I think that the few among us who will even bother to resist actively, as opposed to just talking about it, will do so on their own. And, of course, this will only serve to make a final statement, and do nothing to turn the tide.

The main reason for this, I believe, is that the millions of bubbas would die before giving up their own winchester 94, but they won't even blink while our fellow patriots who choose to shoot 50 BMG's are made outlaws with the stroke of a pen. And the urban/suburban "home-defense only" people will not take action when deer rifles are renamed "sniper" rifles, and are taken away, or when concealed carry is stripped away completely. Incrementalism works. Anyone notice California lately? Look at what's going on there, and ask what the patriots in the other 49 are doing about it, besides choosing to stop shipping there. There are exceptions, but you get the picture.

In the end, I think we patriots are choosing a course that will ensure that "we will all most assuredly hang sepearately."
  • YogsoggyYogsoggy Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to protest, we need to be seen and heard.

Make Obama feel like Nixon getting protested by hippies.

We need the country to realize it's divided. That the people see Obama as a tyrant. We need a right wing counterculture...a traditionalist counterculture to the Liberal Fascism thats so popular today.

Put up signs on your yards. Rally in groups and protest the "hate speech" that these liberal bigots use to demonize us for standing up for our CIVIL RIGHTS!

We are the Civil Rights movement, the 2nd amendment is a civil right.
    edited November -1
    This is perhaps the most pathetic and least convincing spin job I have ever heard. Do you come up with these opinions/statements yourself, or do you have a 3 year old do it for you? Perhaps you are just an extremely ignorant bubba? Either way, you are not to be taken seriously in the least.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this 'melkor' character the same individual that sells firearms on the GB auction side?
    edited November -1
    Can't be old enough to utilize that side of the forum. He spells worse than my 7 year old, and is generally less informed or coherent. At best he is a very poor 6th grade drop-out.
  • one2hutnone2hutn Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Small loose individual resistance til we see who puts down there guns to try and talk sense to them. Then when we put a bullet in the back of their head we can all know we are of the same mind and stand together sans the dancing hippies. I am not good with a computer but a ways up the column that comment about protesting like the hippies did Nixon? Can I get a clue for 200?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    This will work best for me.

Ditto. I can think of 2 other people I can trust my life to, and that's about it.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe small groups orchestrated together in typical gorilla type hit and run.

Lance