In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What does it mean?

SaajackSaajack Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Some guns are advertized as "Also NY, MA & CA compliant" What if a gun is not advertized as such? I was checking out Seecamp auto when I ran across this language.

What does that mean?

Comments

• MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what about NJ compliant...??? New Jersey is the one state that don't allow jack smack
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I couldn't tell you for each state exactly what makes them "Compliant". I believe if the gun is NY compliant, it is shipped with a pair of shell casings for regristry into their "ballistic 'fingerprinting'" database. Marxland may do the same thing.

To my knowledge, the rest of them have to be equipped with an integrated lock(and fairly easy to bypass so far. I've done it to three guns already, to see just how 'safe' this makes them) or a compliant trigger lock for the "Lock up your safety" states. Kalifornia requires a sample to be surrendered at the manufacturer's expense, no less, to the Kalifornia Department of (in)Justice for testing, or so I've heard. Other guns are requiring 'smart' technology, like New Jerky, like chamber indicators, and they would like to see onboard computers in guns, now too.

Stupid laws....

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:"Stupid laws...."

Nahhhh...stupid people.The people that live in America are the stupidist people in the world.

They had a free,wonderful country..the greatest in the world.They traded it for flashy cars,fast boats,and easy sex.Allowing..DEMANDING..that the corrupt elites control their entire lives....
    edited November -1
    Not all of them. Just the ones supporting liberals. And there are more of them than we realize. Some of them don't even realize that they are, yet.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's like getting the Bolshevik gun hater's seal of approval. That's of course until they can come confiscate or firearms.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
    edited November -1
    No kidding...

Death to Tyrants!!!