In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need help with this problem

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
ok let me start out by saying i live in st louis mo..and i dont really know if my problem is a state or federal problem.heres the situation,a buddy of mine just opened a new gun store,and i thought i would help him out and let him sell some of my pistols.i put 4 pistols on consignment with him.i changed my mind on 1 of these and asked him too give it back,he tells me no problem but i had too go and get a new permit.now i already have a permit when i purchased this gun the first time,he tells me that by law he cant give it back too me without a new permit.anyone ever heard of this? he says that when he put them on his books that he has too show where it goes and it has too be a permit not over 30 days old.this is the first time i have ever put pistols on consignment so i wasnt aware of this law,it is printed on his consignment sheet which i signed.i know i should have read it closer and asked questions ,but i didnt. is he correct on this or is he misunderstanding the law? doesnt seem right that i have too get another permit for a gun which is mine and i have the original permit for.please help!! thanks don

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I would bet he is right hotbot. It is crazy, but it seems that is the only kind of law made anymore. We live in a time when if you hear about about a law that doesn't make sense, it's probably true. Thank minority rule for this situation.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    P.S. you should look up Mark Christian over in general discussion and email him your question.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks jp i will do that
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A pawn shop that loans on a gun must do nic's check on any gun redeemed by owner...

A sick situation,but when the men of a country are sick..what do you expect..
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, my answer would have been right.
    But Mark beat me to it. LOL

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Mark;
    I wasn't stepping on your toes..I posted before your post came on line.Shows that you beat me by 3 minutes..Time lag.

As usual...when you answer,little more need be said.
  • ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys!! i guess,lol
    guess im sol on this but now i know .thought i was doing him a favor and its gonna costs me more money and bs too get my own gun back,lol.don