In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Second Amendment Foundation investigates NO seizur

Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
SAF INVESTIGATING NEW ORLEANS GUN SEIZURES; NEEDS TO HEAR FROM YOU
The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) is calling on members and supporters living in the New Orleans metropolitan area who have had firearms confiscated by police, federal officers or National Guard units to contact SAF headquarters at once.

Over the past three weeks, since the New Orleans and surrounding area was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, there have been disturbing reports about warrantless searches and seizures of privately-owned firearms.

"SAF, in cooperation with the National Rifle Association, has investigators on the ground and has retained legal counsel in preparation for possible action," said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb.

SAF wants to speak directly with individuals who have actually had their firearms confiscated. If you, or someone you know, has had a firearm seized by authorities in the New Orleans area in the days following the hurricane, SAF needs to hear from you.

Contact SAF via e-mail at safalert@liberty.seanet.com. Please provide us with your full name, address, current working telephone number and the date and time of the firearm(s) seizure. Please also let us know the best time of day for us to reach you at that number.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
President, KeepAndBearArms.com

Comments

• WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, 4th Horseman. I have just recently started to monitor SAF (keepandbeararms.com).

The national pro-2nd Amendment groups I try to keep up with are NRA, GOA, JPFO ("The Liberty Team"), and SAF/keepandbeararms. If any of you can recommend additional groups on the national level then I would like to research them.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know the agencies that did this are bankrupt and lawsuits will fail no matter how serious the claims are going to be.

These offenders need to be arrested and punished. If the government refuses to prosecute the offenders for violation of civil rights and armed robbery (you can count on that), I'd really like to see them get their hands or heads cut off.

Gun grabbing by government agents without warrants must made to be the most hazardous behavior anywhere. If not the gun owners of America will have repealed the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment was meant to allow the people to control bad government. We have bad government...

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I would have shot them first, and in any case, I sure the hell wouldn't have complied....

How the hell was I supposed to know they were the real deal. As far as I knew, they could have been crooks posing as JBT's, and the Constitution grants me the right to have my guns, and to not have them confiscated without due process of law, and with just compensation....

This hardly sounds like any of that was being followed, so how was I to know???

I figure the minute this starts happening, and by more than one person, the quicker gov't will know its place, and quit trying to victimize the innocent.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a General Contractor I think I will redesign the interior of my home for just such an occurence. A well placed .50BMG can make all the difference in the World. I was starting to wonder if I may ever have a real use for the Big Boy. You know Glocks can be made full auto real easily. I would never do this myself as it is against the law, but there are probably a few out there that wouldn't be following unconstitutional laws anyway so they could arm themselves appropriately.

The U.S Government was attempting to disarm the public and do away with all of our rights back in the 1930's. Only problem was Hitler was doing the same thing and word got out just before the govt. could drive the final nail. Make no mistake about it, that was their intention that was their goal. So you see this is nothing new, it's just taken this long for there to be a crack in the ice. By the way, those pilots that flew the planes into WTC and Pentagon, anybody know one or know anybody who did? Don't recall seeing much about that in the wake of the disasters. You'd think they would have talked to the families relatives. Oh well, I must have missed it. It is kind of peculiar how such a large and detailed document such as the "Patriot Act" could be ready so quickly and with very little debate. Almost like they knew ............or worse...

"90% of the game is mental, the other 50% is physical"- Yogi Berra, New York Yankees