In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Are You Going To Do In 2004 ?

pagunpartspagunparts Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
I plan on calling and writing my govt. leaders and let them know my stance on "gun control". I want to see the AWB end this year as planned.

If everyone, I mean everyone shouted, we (gun owners), might just get heard !

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I will be doing the same, and hoping for the same. If all gunowners act in a similar manner, it WILL go away. 90 million armed people generally get what they want.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Wolf, I got a good chuckle out of that "90 million armed people generally get what they want". Athough it just occurred to me that the 90 million might NOT get what they want if they come at the other 200 million one at a time.

pagunparts: while I appauld you for your efforts I doubt that any govt. offical or legislator gives a rat's butt about what any one citizen wants. So if you want to get any attention to your efforts, at least try to get some family members, friends, neigbors or even find some street people to sign your letters along with you and maybe the number of signutures will get some attention. Just a suggestion.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 2003 I introduced five non-gun owners to some type of shooting sport or recreation. Four of those have become addicts and have gone on to buy guns, ammo., join "gun rights organizations", take interest in their 2nd Ammendment, and so on. Two of those four have now introduced a family member and a friend. Kinda like my own little Amway. Except I call it GUNWAY.[:D]

For 2004, I will try to double my rate to a total of eight new gun owners. There is enough out there to grab anyone's interest, ie. practical shooting sports, skeet/trap, long range precision, self defense, hunting, etc.etc.etc.

Man, just think if every gun owner could convert one person. Heck, even if every GB member could convert one person. Strength in numbers guys...........[^]

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3gunner...I do the same and especialy with kids.Teach them the love of the sport and there isn't a LIB who can change their minds!
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    3gunner: my personal thanks to you for having spent the time and effort to convert some more people to the shooting sports. And your logic is good that it is a few more people who will be on our side as opposed to sitting on the fence or acting against us. I curse myself for not having thought of such a simple idea many, many years ago. But introducing people to the shooting sports is so cheap, easy and fun. And by doing so you have just "enlisted' a few more soldiers into our army to help us win the gun wars and hopefully the constitutional rights war (Highball, are you listening?).
    For years I threw away gun magazines and catalogs. Finally I realized that all that literture had great value in that the producers had spent a lot of time, money and effort in producing a slick publication designed to please and influence me, a gun owner. It finally occurred to me that "magic" if left or given to non-gun owners could also influence them. THAT IS WHAT ALL THOSE COLORFUL AND INTERESTING CATALOGS AND MAGAZINES ARE DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP TO DO! So don't throw them away like I foolishly did, find some way to them into the hands of non or border line gun owners.

And if you find a great deal on a gun, don't do as I always did and either pass on it or make a purchase and NOT TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND A EXCELLENT DEAL ON ANOTHER GUN! For example, someone on GB.com general discussion recently was kind enough to post about an Yugo SKS they had purchased for only $89.95 (shipping included) at www.aimsurplus.com and how they loved it. It was such a great deal I have purhased more than one but IN ADDITTION to that purchase, I have posted and TOLD people I know and work with about this incrediable deal and where and how to buy it. I know of at least three guys that have went ahead and purchased that SKS for $89.95 and there may be more that I don't even know about. And after they get interested in that almost "free" rifle,be sure and tell them where they can buy dirt cheap ammo (7.4 cents per round, if you don't know where ask).But what an easy and fun way to enlist some more soldiers into the gun wars when the anti-gunners try and outlaw all semi-autos.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the efforts friends.........And keep it up!!!!!!!!L.H.
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tr Fox: Man, it is so easy. All you have to do is identify what type of shooting sport would appeal to a particular person. For instance, a buddy of mine at work has never been introduced to any type of hunting. After hearing all of us "normal people" talking about our recent hunting trips, he became interested. I invited him to come along on a duck hunt. Let him borrow one of my guns. Supplied the ammo. Put him in the best possible blind. He had a ball. By the next week, he asked me to come along to our local FFL and help him pick out a shotgun. Now he is deer hunting also and has baught two rifles. So, now I have him hooked. Time for the 'ol bait and switch. That's when I drop the bomb. You know, bring him up to speed on what the anti-gunners are trying to do. "Yep, thats right, those Washington idiots are trying to regulate, control (even more), and even do away with your right to own those new guns you just bought". Then it hits him personally. Made him madder he!!. Welcome aboard soldier!!!!

I pulled this 'ol bait and switch on three other people this year. Works great!! Actually, it has become right damn fun for me.

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    For 2004 I am taking California to Court over their firearms legislation.

Introducing my sister to firearms with a brand new pistol.

Continuing to pound Washington D.C. with my views.

Moving to a Free State and being re-united with my girls...My AR15's.

I'll vote for the lesser of the evils at the polls, and serve my country in the middle east.

I'll invest in America by buying all the 'Assault Weapons' my budget can support, as I know the majority of America's gun owners will not protest the new ban.

I promise to spend more on ammunition as my budget has been lax in that area and plan on using my income tax check to get into reloading.

My New Year's resolution will ring true, 'From these cold dead hands'.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO IT NOW!

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Hats off to you guys too,Thanks to you 3gunner for the way you described it all.Makes it seem easier and I think even more my try it,I know after reading yours and trfox's posts(amoung others) I will try harder,This is whet we NEED.Encouragement amoung the ranks...Keep it up,don't EVER GIVE IN ......