In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dog Shooters and Gun Rights

lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
No one hurts gun rights any more than dog shooters. Don't try to justify yourselves. You do us all harm. You don't call the sheriff to interpret the law you call the county attorney. You don't use your firearm to break the law and then come back here and try to justify it. That defeats the cause we all believe in and gives aide and comfort to our common enemy. So at best you fill the definition of a traitor.[:(!]

Woodsie

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Have you ever considered the necessity that might force one to do this? I didn't think so.
    Recently, it was November, in a neighboring county, three dogs escaped their owners yard, as they had done many times before, and attacked and killed a very nice human lady in her horse barn while she was doing her evening chores. Her male human friend began to wonder where she was and went looking for her at the barn to see what was taking so long. He found her dead.
    The dogs had since left and proceeded to another neighbors property where they found and attacked a full grown human male that was ignorant enough to find himself outside his domecile. (what a fool) He managed to escape the attack with serious injuries by fleeing to the safety of the back of his pick-up truck bed. His 16 year old boy heard the commotion outside and made a decision to become a traitor to us all. He chose a shotgun as his tool to commit his treachery. He proceeded outside to defend his father. HE KILLED TWO OF THOSE DOGS! Why, the nerve of that scallywag! The third dog escaped him, fortunately, but was inevitably tracked down by the sheriff's deputy who had been summoned by the dead ladies' friend, and this scumbag sheriff's deputy shot and killed the remaining dog! I guess he is a traitor too, in a way, or at the very least, a murderer.
    Ranch, you are a boob, at least that is the impression you have given so far. I do not believe you to be an adult, as your ideals are infantile, and your spelling/grammar/sentence structure are juvenile at best. I can not stop you from posting here, that is your right. But try to use some intellect before you put yourself in a position to go down in flames.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    BTW, dispatching roaming dogs is mandated by law in many places. No one loves dogs as much as me, I was taught this by my mom who runs a no kill rescue out of her garage. I love them as much as she does. She would agree with me on this, and has had to shoot some dogs on our farm when we were kids. They ran one of our horses to death and would've gotten more but we caught 'em. Some were dumped, some were neighbors pets. The neighbors had theirs delivered to them. The others we buried.
    The severe lack of common sense in today's touchy feely society just floors me. There is a time to be touchy feely, and there is a time to take action. Gain some life experience and maybe you will be able to tell the difference.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JP yes I have. I've had dogs attack sheep,cows,chickens, my dogs etc.
    I have had the man come out from the Wyoming Cattle man's Association
    to kill mountain lions ,dogs,etc. All legal I have grown up with neighbors that shot bald eagles from helicopters while rounding up there own cattle the high tech way. our gun rights are very important
    and I'm not going to give a pass on this issue. Get back to me I value very few opinions but I have great hope for you.[;)] Oh do I ever have alot of life experience.[;)]

Woodsie
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Depending on the particular situation, both of you have a legitimate argument.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lcranch
    I totally agree. I am for anything close to self defense and lethal
    force by a law officer. Who by the way then had to go in front of a
    shooting board and account for every round shot. I'm not for people or pets becoming dog food. I sit back about nothing as maybe you can guess by now. I am not a stranger to sending men and dogs to there death legally.[;)] Re: Gary Gilmore Utah Death by fireing squad.

Woodsie

Woodsie
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lcranch

I totally agree. I am for anything close to self defense and lethal
    force by a law officer.

Begin to grasp the situation,tr,Wolf ?

quote:You don't use your firearm to break the law and then come back here and try to justify it. That defeats the cause we all believe in and gives aide and comfort to our common enemy. So at best you fill the definition of a traitor.

quote:I am not a stranger to sending men and dogs to there death legally.

They intend sitting upon their throne,passing judgments upon decent men..and getting attacked by predatory animals,2 or 4 legged,will be judged from the safety of a law office...

and you can bet your life and ranch..that police officers will be judged differently then you or I...
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    yeah Highball, not too long ago I wrote a critical letter to a alocal LEO about him advising the local citiznes to "just follow the instructions of the robbers". I commented how grating that advice was to me when I visualized a helpless, innocnet victim trying to follow that LEO's advice in the middle of a holdup and the "robbers instrucctions" were "prepare to die". I criticized the LEO giving advice that would tend to make the victim a passive, defenseless victim and He was giving that advice from behind a desk and from a calm and safe envioment. And yes any violence we do to the violent criminals will cause us to be judged more harshly than the same actions by an LEO. Which is odd in a way because I thought the LEO's were OUR EMPLOYEES!

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    You guys are a mutual justifying society. Out on a limb and only each
    other. True Love a real symbiosis. But then I've always taken the safe
    route and you guys have had it so hard. I've always been an anytime any where kind of guy. So you name it I'll be there. Let me suggest
    Mexico a good place for this kind of thing. So be there or hide it don't matter to me.[;)] And we will see what we will see are you up for it" a dog who will shoot back"[;)]

Woodsie
    edited November -1
    This a threat..or a challenge ?

Try real hard to remember..you came on this forum throwing down the gauntlet.

You want people that agree with your stance..? Go next door to General Discussion..that place is full of people that will follow you.

Around here..we care about important things.
    edited November -1
    The only way you'll know is to come to the party. This is a promise
    I'm saying I don't back away from nothing. I will do this without a
    hessitation. Think of it as an invitation to tell you who I am and what I am up for. Your chance to check me out. Maybe really check me
    out. Take all my chips off the table or maybe it goes the other way.
    Or maybe we just keep being legends in our own minds.[;)]

Woodsie
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around where I live, you are supposed to call animal catchers, but you can shoot the dog if it is chasing game, or harassing livestock. You have to report it if you kill an animal in this manner. But if you shoot a dog who is "guilty" of those crimes, you are going to get hell from law enforcement. Law enforcement is always on the side of the animals. I dont know how many times I hear of some farmer shooting a deer, or an elk, or a bear, that is threatening their crops or livestock. They call the game commission, and the game commission USUALLY investigates and brings charges. Its ridiculous. If it was me, I would shoot the pest and kick some leaves on it, and wouldnt even think of calling the man.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around where I live, you are supposed to call animal catchers, but you can shoot the dog if it is chasing game, or harassing livestock. You have to report it if you kill an animal in this manner. But if you shoot a dog who is "guilty" of those crimes, you are going to get hell from law enforcement. Law enforcement is always on the side of the animals. I dont know how many times I hear of some farmer shooting a deer, or an elk, or a bear, that is threatening their crops or livestock. They call the game commission, and the game commission USUALLY investigates and brings charges. Its ridiculous. If it was me, I would shoot the pest and kick some leaves on it, and wouldnt even think of calling the man.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    I agree that every rancher I know kills deer,elk.because they eat the hay etc.I use to do it killed a deer with a knife just to see if I could. Many years ago I stopped when I got into gun rights and got older. I'm trying to be a good example gun owner in order to loby more effectively. I think it makes me more effective.[;)] in the political debate but we all have to do what we can in the way we can.
    [;)]

Woodsie
  • juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would make you more effective,is working on your grammar
    ,and knowing the appropriate way to speak.Talking trash on GB
    only shows immaturity.Having a truly intellectual thing to say,
    means you don't have to resort to name calling,or trying to pick
    a long distance fight.Frankly I would shut-up and earn respect,
    instead of trying to demand it. You seem to want to fight with HIGHBALL.He is a person who deserves respect, not slander. quote:Iam not a stranger to sending men and dogs to death legally
    ICRANCH wrote that ?? And do you know everybody John woods (icranch)
    lives only 50 miles from where WILLIAM COOPER was MURDERED .Just a coincidence I know,but food for thought?? WANNA KNOW WHERE I LIVE ???
  • Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    For me its alot simpler. I love dogs and truly believe that they are men's best friend. ,but if a dog threatens my life or my family, I am going to blow it away!!!, as I would any other animal or human who threatens my life or my family. It really is as simple as that for me. I don't care what kind of attacker it is.

Member: NRA, RFC, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Well.......inso far as the LAW is concerned,most states that I have campaigned dogs in require that(with your own) you dispose of them Humanely.Allready went that road and they cannot prove that a bullet to the head is inhumane. Also MOSt states have a LAW saying that Justifiable shooting of some elses dogs or strays IS legal IF they are after your stock or a threat to you....So under those guidelines a lot of dogs WERE shot legally..... I do however understand how this can give a blackeye to the anti's,of course based on their Perception of reality.........There is NO need to justify something that the LAW allready says is OK is their? Traitors??????? why because killing a dog under the law with a gun is against your sensabilities?? or what?
    edited November -1
    No killing any thing including people except kid. Doesn't even make me have a second thought that's from alot of experience being directly
    involved. It's about the law and winning the political debate. Which I have found is much more successful when you don't kill dog. Now cats
    maybe[;)]just kidding cat lovers. Do you realize the overturn rate of the local laws that you are referring to. Where challeged 100% enforcement is another thing anybody that thinks it,s Ok because the sheriff said so has never watched those guys turn on a dime.They are the thugs of small time politics. Anti NRA people are very mean and very smart let's not underestimate our enemy.

Woodsie
    edited November -1
    That last sentance or two were a mouthful.......Whilr I do NOT consider myself an enemy of the nRA ,you might...I am outspoken about them as their stance on gun control issues is wavering terribly.<i do get the GOA bullitens and such and send letters etc. to my reps.....I wish I COULD support the NRA as I used to....but at this time I cannot...
    edited November -1
    longhunter;
    Don't allow yourself to be defined by the enemy at any time.They win if you do.

I don't believe that you or I are "Anti-NRA "..
    Rather we are "Anti Anti-Constitutional pandering"..from ANY QUARTER..and not afraid to call it and then back it up with facts...

Now,if the other side has indeed capitulated..and agrees that the NRA IS involved in destroying the Second..as they seem to be..then perhaps the defination is correct.
    edited November -1
    Let me claify anti NRA from your side is not anti NRA now that's clear as mud. NRA not what they have grumbled to but what they were as effective leaders in the struugle.I think you are pro NRA when they have given into temptation then they are nothing. But there are good people in the NRA. Boy do I need a cup of coffee![;)]

Woodsie
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    longhunter;
    Don't allow yourself to be defined by the enemy at any time.They win if you do.

I don't believe that you or I are "Anti-NRA "..
    Rather we are "Anti Anti-Constitutional pandering"..from ANY QUARTER..and not afraid to call it and then back it up with facts...

Now,if the other side has indeed capitulated..and agrees that the NRA IS involved in destroying the Second..as they seem to be..then perhaps the defination is correct.

Gotcha...and thanks[;)]
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LCRANCH,,, I am pretty much in awe of the rambling from lc. Man....relax some and quit trying to act like some badass clint eastwood type who stacks up bodies like firewood. Geeeez, this is a political/opinion forum.Please let me explain, we state opinions and trade ideas.Not try to play Quigly Down Under in Mexico.Besides, some people in here may wind up taking your * on and just maybe, you will never see it coming.Just a though[:D]t