In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An Effort

swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
Recently formed project titled "Guns for Good" is a three phase effort.
Our slogan is "Bringing together lawful gun owners."
First, Guns for Good is a firearm related talk show inviting firearm experts and leaders together so we may learn from experience.
Second, we encourage law abiding citizens to share their guns for good stories. We want to hear your experiences where a firearm may have saved the day.
Third, Guns for Good Inc.is a non profit organization which has been formed with the hopes of building a facility able to provide fitness, firearm education, entertainment, and community events. This is our long term goal beginning with the profits from the Guns for Good Show, tee shirts, hats, and "The Gilmore Gun Book." I have watched and participated in numerous blogs and have been the topic of some very negative response. So before you reticule my goals with your efforts at witty responses just realize this at least I am trying to do something more than just talk for a cause in which I and some of you claim to believe in, our right to bear arms. The more ammo for the cause the longer we can hold them off. Take a look www.guns4good.com

Comments

• BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    If you still think our "leaders" care to learn from us then go ahead and meet with them. They'll go whatever direction they have to in order to be reelected. I fear the real guns for good, is quickly approaching a town near you.
  • swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should have been more clear by "leaders" I'm referring to gun organization leaders. I agree with you on political leaders, say or do whatever it takes.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Sounds constructive. Glad you have the energy to work on such a project. Hope it succeeds. WE gun people need all the help we can get.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It is long past that time where we should have been standing firmly on 'shall not be infringed'.

Any lesser stance, or one that cedes that the government has the just-authority to regulate our RKBA, merely allows further encroachments and violations of this fundamental right.

Any who fall into the "yeah, but..." argument, are merely facilitating the continuing fall of the Republic.

It is that simple.

I am continually amazed that so few seem to have the ability to grasp this simple truism.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I get real nervous when I start hearing terms like "Law abiding gun owners". More often than not the author of such a writing is comfortable with gun control, NICS, waiting periods, etc. The law says "Shall not be infringed".
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:I get real nervous when I start hearing terms like "Law abiding gun owners".
    YESSIR !!
    I lost interest after reading those words...this new posters' second sentence.
    Indicates a severe lack of common sense..and a clear understanding of the Second.
    Merciful heavens..we need no more nra types bringing the 'gospel' to the ignorant masses.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Bringing together respectfull gun owners" would be much more appropriate.
    Respectfull as in respect for the 2A.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Well this is just a money makeing kinda thing, I think. Kinda Like a Golds Gym for gun toting suburbanites..

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is capatalism.. They probably dont know how many people died for their freedom, Or what loosing that freedom means, and wouldnt care if they did..

Train them well..

Here is a catchy satistic for your bizz, One million times a year a gun is used by American civilians to save lives.. There for you all have one in three houndred odds of needing to know how to use a gun and have it on your person... (if you win the lotto and it happens in town and you dont jump the gubment hoops to get a permit, you get to become a hole new kind of satistic, for the Brady Bunch.)

One in seventeen houndred odds of needing a gun to fend of mulitple attackers..

Who cares about the need of the second amendment and the need to protect it.. Right.. It is only a million innocent people each year who, without it, might well face death..

Aint no crazy folks around here, just ones more compassionate then a government that believes self defense is paternal privilege that they can dictate. If you compromise with the truth and the spirit of the second, so do you..

That is not patronizing or critical Swift. It is just true.[:D]

Good luck. And again, train them well.