In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

On liberty...........

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
Understand, live by, and believe in The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights in these United States of America as it was written by the Founding Fathers.

Present the consistent message of adherence to the United States Constitution and its Bill of Rights, personal liberty, limited government and the founding principals of individualism.

Teach the uneducated to help them clarify and understand how the Republic was meant to be and how it can be saved.

Support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence.

Support the fact that the United States Government has NO BUSINESS in making gun control legislation, insofar that the Second Amendment precludes it.

Understand, rehearse, be able to repeat, and live by the Second Amendment ;
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

One would think that an organization, entity, individual or group of individuals that holds fast to the principles above would have the respect of most Americans, especially those who own firearms and tout themselves as staunch advocates for the RTKBA.

Unfortunately, it's the exact opposite.[V]

Instead of being admired, folks who stand firm on these tenets are belittled, denigrated with labels and criticized; much of that vitriol comes from other 'gun owners'. What is truly sad is that liberty is disappearing beneath the waves in a schit storm, and these same critics scratch their heads and wonder why, when their answer could be found by simply looking in the mirror.

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent post.

A great deal of wailing is due to the possibility of arming murderers, rapists, and the like upon their release from jail.

No one seems to bother to wonder why we are releasing them in the first place.

Its a RIGHT, damnit.....Not a privilege!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Firedude ;
    Perhaps it will have to be enough to understand that only the best of the best...the cream of the crop...understand and believe in what you wrote above.

We that do stand in a waste water field...with rather loathsome objects bumping us from all sides.

Not ALL are competent enough, resourceful enough, or strong enough to desire and fight for freedom.
    All we can do is keep on keeping on, until the push comes to shove.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Words to live by, Shane and reference to your subsequent assessment, truth spoken.

A sad and pathetic situation, indeed.

Problem is, as you already well know, that those purported 'pro-gun gun-owners', largely do not support Amendment II as written, nor do they have the testicular fortitude, or the desire, to live in a society which extols liberty, as was intended as part of this Republic's founding.

What we get, is, rather, this group of 'pro-gun' hacks, attacking those of us who do believe in and advocate for individual liberty and the Constitution.

This is simply an attempt to 'drag-down' the individual liberty and constitutionalist position and advocates to a level that helps the purported 'pro-gun' people to assuage the internal greasy, sick feeling that they get, which comes with the knowledge that they simply do not measure up to the principles, ideals and practical application of our founding; nor do they have the courage of conviction to stand tall, in the face of 'conventional wisdom', or the majority 'view de jour'.

As I see it....
  • BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It also frustrates me to hear arguments about how limits are placed on driving as if they are comparing apples to apples. People somehow mistake the privilege of driving for a right and mistake the right to keep and bear arms for a privilege. You cannot make comparisons between a privilege and a right and expect there to be parity between the two.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Those who believe that the RTKBA is a privilege can have it as a privilege, they just have to stop forcing their view onto the rest of us.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the way,

For any of you 'critics' (you know who you are) that may be lurking;

Since you seem to enjoy engaging in said belittling, criticism, and denigration of those who do espouse the principles posted in the opening of my OP, it can only mean one thing;

You do not. That's right; I said it. YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE UNINFRINGED RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. The truth hurts, don't it?

Now, go ahead and pick up your jaws off the floor and/or clean the brick out of your drawers that you just shat, and listen....

You have stated, via your criticism, exactly where you stand; actually, you have shown where you DO NOT stand. You see, there is no middle ground or gray areas. You either believe in 'the right' or you welcome 'the privilege', and yeah, it's that simple. The reasons many of you have are numerous, but I'll take a stab at listing a few:

- Responsibility. I reckon many of you shudder when you think of an unrestricted RTKBA. No big suprise. With rights come responsibilities, and unfortunately, we are living in the days where 'responsibility' is the mother of all curse words. People scurry away from it like cockroaches from light.

- Money. If the RTKBA was unrestricted, many of your high-priced, selective-fire weapons would fall exponentially in value, and we couldn't have that, now could we? Profit over principle. I imagine it's also an ego thing for some, as they would cringe if Joe were able to just walk into a gun shop, lay down $600, and walk out the door with an M16A2; no paperwork, licenses, stamps, or phone calls.

- Fear. I really believe the thought of ANY free citizen walking about, armed/carrying in the manner of their choosing scares the absolute bejesus out of some folks.

Now, some of you have suggested that we must sit down and 'work together' with politicians, organizations and each other to 'come up with a solution.' HOGWASH!!!!! The solution was 'worked out' and put on parchment over 200 years ago by men much wiser than many of you give them credit for.

Additionally, I am not interested in sitting down at the table and 'working together' like some of you suggest. You want me to tell you what that will accomplish? Not a damn thing, except the 'appeasement' of all parties involved. Personally, I do not wish to appease anyone. Don't like the fact that I, as a citizen, believe in and demand an unregulated/unrestricted RTKBA? Tough schit. Get over it. This is not an issue of 'give and take'. We are not discussing paint colors or wallpaper patterns. It is a RIGHT, period, and there is no room for 'compromising' and 'working things out.'

Anyhow, facts are facts. A few stand firm in the belief that the RTKBA should come with NO strings attached, and many of you, by your own admission, detest those who espouse that belief.

Proof positive that 'gun-owner' and 'RTKBA advocate' are not synonymous.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,307 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    No biters out tonight? Damn I bet it's crowded under TR's bed.

Excellent post BTW firedude!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    No biters out tonight? Damn I bet it's crowded under TR's bed.

I reckon not. I imagine a couple have read it, and they have either:

- ignored it

- are so indicted by the truth that they know not whether to schit or go blind

We shall see...............[:D]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    .... It is a RIGHT, period, and there is no room for 'compromising' and 'working things out.'

Which is EXACTLY why there is no need to sit down at any table with the anti-gunners.There is NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT!!! Merely acknowledging their existence is a capitulation in and of itself.

quote:originally posted by Rack OpsExcellent post.

A great deal of wailing is due to the possibility of arming murderers, rapists, and the like upon their release from jail.

And that is precisely why the anti-gunners "exist". It is by design, not accident. And it is the responsibility of the ultra liberal (D) side of the globalist party to advance this aspect of the broad agenda. They are the group's who lobby against dealing with these predators of society as they should be dealt with, then when they fulfill the promise of the dirty work by preying on society (After not being properly dealt with -->[xx(]), the lib's can then scream "gun control!" Simple, really. It is ALWAYS about people control, and it's ALWAYS the people who don't need it, never the one's that do.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Excellent post.

Its a RIGHT, damnit.....Not a privilege!

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    OOhhh, brother.
    It has taken a loooong time, and much angst and agony...but you just simply CANNOT hold the intelligent people down out there. They figure it out for themselves...and given the facts, they get it RIGHT !!.

Such a beautiful thing..seeing the pure ringing tones of conviction backed by the absolute TRUTH....such a sad thing that we do not see it all around us.
    Firedude, THANKS for a splendid 100 million watt spotlight...shining on the scurrying cockroaches among us...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    OOhhh, brother.
    It has taken a loooong time, and much angst and agony...but you just simply CANNOT hold the intelligent people down out there. They figure it out for themselves...and given the facts, they get it RIGHT !!.

Such a beautiful thing..seeing the pure ringing tones of conviction backed by the absolute TRUTH....such a sad thing that we do not see it all around us.
    Firedude, THANKS for a splendid 100 million watt spotlight...shining on the scurrying cockroaches among us...

Thanks; not only for the kind words, but for what you and others on here do as well.

The time for treating folks with kid gloves is OVER; it's too late in the process for that. It is time for folks to stand up and call right, 'right' and wrong, 'wrong'. Tempers may flare, and feelings may be hurt; so be it.

It's time to clear the top of the fence, and see where people stand.