In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

moving out of state?

65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
would anyone here consider moving out of state to one where gun control is very loose or non-existant?

Comments

• dano1dano1 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitly though about it the other way (minimal restrictions to restrictive states) and I have to say that it would have to be for a REAL IMPORTANT CHANGE/REASON!! Currently, I drive 1800 miles round trip to work for 7 months (drive, work 7 months in a row, drive back) and then leave ASAP from a VERY RESTRICTIVE state and dont go back again till the following year.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I moved to Virginia, I had narrowed it down to Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. I decided against Florida because of the climate and weather, and rejected North Carolina because of the gun laws. So, I guess the answer to your question is yes.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Abso-damn-lutely. This is not a news flash, either, as most of you already know.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before the internet, I had NO idea what gun laws in other states were like. I didn't know there was such a thing as a F.O.I.D. card, or what it was for. Waiting 10 days to pick up a firearm, outrageous!!! It's paid for NOW. What do you mean, I can't have an AR-15....AT ALL?

I was pizzed because they had implemented a instant background check here. Then I found out just how far the gun-grabbers in other states have gotten. All I could say was, I'm sure glad I don't live there, I'd have to MOVE.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in a fairly restrictive gun state, but I can still legally own enough things that the laws haven't quite driven me out yet. At this point, I'd rather stay and fight the gun grabbers and do my best to persuade others that gun control is bad. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I feel I am slowly making a difference as I know quite a few people that have changed their views on gun ownership at least partly because of conversations with me. I've also gotten a lot of positive feedback from people who revised their stance on gun control after reading articles on my web sites. Since I'm by no means the only person trying to win converts to freedom and gun/defense rights, I assume others are succeeding too. I've taken a number of shooting classes, gone through certification courses, have an informal shooting club and through these things know that there are lots of us folks who are passionate about gun ownership and self defense rights. Hopefully we will win back our state bit by bit. I would be much less complacent with this crawling slow progress if I didn't know that there are still free states left that I can retreat to should the need arise.

If laws get significantly worse, I'll probably leave. If I move for non-gun related reasons, such as a career change, I'll make it a point to choose a gun friendly state for my next home.

http://LestDarknessFall.blogspot.com
    http://LestDarknessFall.com
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]----NO
    [:)][:)][:)][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker