In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

First Amendment ?

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
quote:Does the governemnt abridge your speach when it is illegal to advocate violent overthrow of the government?Just who would this hurt...except for the government ? If someone generated enough support to actually be a contender...obviously something is wrong with that government.

quote:- or when it is unlawful to shout "fire" in a crowded theater?Long as some pissant like you, Tripletap, didn't object to having your az kicked for doing it...I personally think the problem would sort itself out, shortly...
quote:- or when you can be prosected for slander? As long as its person-to-person...anybody can sue anybody.

quote:- how about jailing a reporter for publishing the truth?
No government business here at all, Triple..nothing for someone like you to see at all. Just move along...

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Highball,

I think I'll skip back and reply to what numbnuts thinks is some kind of trap for a constitutionalist.

Care to join me?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Go ahead, Captain...I have a slight problem responding civily to creatures such as that. I tend to get subjects locked or poofed...and wanted to leave that one open, where such a clever little pissant thought he boxed me in...
    edited November -1
    No problem HB.

Already finished with it.

He didn't have much though.

You know, the old "long on mouth" affliction. Triple seems to be infected with it and at least as far as it relates to me, he has no clue as to a mindset of freedom and limited government.

We'll see how he responds on the other post.
    edited November -1
    Fine form tonight, Captain..you are indeed.
    edited November -1
    [;)][:D] Yeah Highball, I fell like I am on my game for some reason.

Course, I'm about to open a bottle of wine, so if you see me degenerate, don't be too hard on me, okay?[:o)]
    edited November -1
    Not many men in this world I salute, Captain...most are not deserving of it.
    I salute you..in your cups or not.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Not many men in this world I salute, Captain...most are not deserving of it.
    I salute you..in your cups or not.[:D]

Appreciated and returned in spades.
  • Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The next time someone tells you that we MUST have regulations on RKBA because, you know, we don't let people "yell Fire! in a crowded theater", consider this:

We don't take away or restrict an individual's MEANS or ABILITY to use his R2FS for ANY reason - no matter what they have done or said.

Why do people, especially self proclaimed "gun people" think the RKBA should be held to a different standard?

When we start burning out the tongues of people for committing Slander or "yelling Fire! in a crowded theater", then and only then will the analogy be apropos.