In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wallmart Boycott

wolfenwolfen Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
How many of you have had a message sent to you about Wallmart discontinueing the sales of Firearms in Kalifornia? What do you think? The author of the one I saw said we should boycott Wallmart. I dont agree with the author. I see it as kicking my Brother in arms when hes down. I am a dealer in Kalifornia. I know first hand the problems we face. I guess out of 6 stores they got over 400 infractions in State law. These could have been for trigger locks or other such B.S. who knows. If we wish to show our disdain, rather than boycott the Wallmart stores why dont we tie up the Governors phones with negative phone calls (916-445-2841) fax (916)445-4633. No? how about email <governor@governor.ca.gov>. How about the attorny general at the Public inquiry unit (916)322-3360. Lets put the blame where it belongs, Gray Davis and Bill Lockyer, not to mention our worthless Senators, Congressmen, and State Reps.

David R. Kelley

Comments

• snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    Walmart is to blame for having untrained salesman. They bear the blame. Only 6 stores out of 118 had any violations, not bad though.

Let's change the laws and quit bickering about them. One man CAN change the status quo.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Untrained?? No one could possibly understand all the "laws" concerning firearms in the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan. Hell, the JBT's don't always know the laws.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • wolfenwolfen Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Live and work in California. I'm a licensed dealer in firearms here. I know how hard it is to keep up with the B.S. Do you realise that stocking a trigger lock that is not on the approved list of safty devises is an infraction? Its not the salesmans fault completely. A company that large cannot keep up with this stuff. If you call the DOJ here they many times cannot answer your questions and then must call you back. I have spoke with the BATF in California and they say the DOJ sends people to them on questions of State law. The Police, who enforce the laws, are not completely up to speed either, they might arrest you for a pump action shotgun with a pistol grip. State law does not seem to follow Federal law in the description of firearms. By that I meen that Federal Law says the reciever or frame of a firearm is the firearm (weapon). I cannot sell a FAL rifle, but I can sell you a Imbel reciever so you can build one! These people seem to make it up as they go. Also the whole AR and AK series of rifles are considered to be assault rifles, now I can sell you a pump action AK and a ten round capacity AR. These people infuriate me with thier stupidity.

David R. Kelley
    edited November -1
    I was watching on the Kalifornia news today (I have a satellite dish) about 5 differen evnts that occured, violent things, besides Laci Peterson,and my fiancee's son says, "Why is it this never happens around here (Ohio)?"

Because, too much gun kontrol there.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• wolfenwolfen Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a letter today from the recall Gray Davis campain. I just down loaded the Petition sheets off the internet. I plan on makeing every possible effort to gather as many signatures as I can to oust this guy. He lied to the public on the state budget, and then they upped our auto registration fees by triple the cost. Not to mention he is horribly anti gun, and a liberal democrat. I hear now an exgovernor for California is going to run against Barbara Boxer for her seat. Thank God someone will, we need this.

David R. Kelley
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    When i was 16 and 17 i walked into walmart and bought some ammoe no id check at all. guess i cant complain it saved dad a trip
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing Walmart sold that was made in America was the rifles and ammo they did sell, for us in California. Now they sell Chinese and Taiwanese junk.

Why support 'em?

They could of fought in court that the regulations were getting carried away but that would cut into profit margins and CEO'a don't want that.
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CORRECT: All WA-Mart is intrested in is Profit, Wal-Mart doesn't care where it comes from. If kissing the Hierarchy * is what it takes = That is what they will do. "Bring It Home To The USA", Wal-Mart believes everyone to be fools (and they are not far off base). The Largest Corporation in the World didn't get that way by selling American Goods, it did it by selling Americans the Goods! "Rolling Back Prices", I think you can afford to, esp. if you are selling products made by children and forced labor. Most Americans don't see, but only because they don't want to see. How could anyone even suggest: Wal-Mart and the Corporate Mentality are distroying this Great Country. Wal-Mart is the Final Proof - "IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE".

Giving it much thought: I wonder why NRA hasn't produced a TOP QUALITY Movie (similar to "Wag The Dog"), God knows there are Plenty of REAL LIFE Stories out there. The Randy Weaver Story would be a good one as any, and they wouldn't have to show "Boys In The Hood",, Police Cars Blowing up, or Lil Bikini Clad Hard Bodies with Silicone Breast running around. I do recall "Charles Bronson" 5 "Deathwish" Movies" = If they hadn't made big money - there would not have been 5 movies. If the NRA wishes to remain a "Force to be Reckoned with", they had better start making somekind of positive moves. If Americans wish to remain "FREE" they had better start making some positive moves.

(Martin Sheen is a Hypocrite as well as Dianne Feinstein)
    ~Lock & Load~
    edited November -1
    I concur. Almost seems like we are both reading out of the same book, doesn't it, Ronnie??

Death to Tyrants!!!

• nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a little good is coming out of Walmart not selling guns in California. The local Big5 Sporting goods can't keep rifle's on the shelf and the local gun dealer has raised his prices accordingly for demand.

He is tripling his profit on Yugo SKS's and selling them fast as they hit the floor.
    edited November -1
    GUNNY IS CORRECT: (As are most here on this Forum), Gunny's statement about the numerous Laws and arbitrary at that, hits the nail directly on the head. He stated: "Even the JBT's don't know the laws". ~~~ I would like to add to that statement; "When you are the Law, you don't have to know the Law".

Our Founding Fathers (even tho most were wealthy), Prescribed, set into motion, "WE DO HEREBY ESTABLISH & DECREE:" "All men are created equal, and are endowed with certain inalienable rights; amoung which are; Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." That all men (common or not)were worthy of and guaranteed equal protection under the Law. Attesting too, the fact; No man (rich or poor)takes presidence over another in the Eyes of God, and shall not in this New [V]Democracy.

We set in amazement of the situation as we now experience it 200+ years later. What happened, where or when did we relinquish our power as United States Citizens, what happened to our "Inalienable Rights"?

At seventeen years of age (serving in the US Army, Ft Meade, Maryland), I watch a Gentleman of Questionable Lineage, progress to the Highest Posistion possible in our Country. Forget the Fact: His Father was directly Mob Connected and had made the bulk of his fortune during proabition. This Fine Young Leader came as near getting us into WW-3 as anyone prior or since. He found it necessary to pork everything within reach and had Secret Service procuring for him. From Teenagers to Prostitutes, Johnny considered: "All women were created equal and were endowed with certain un-alienables". Now! In the "Greatist President Poll" as of this week; Whom do you think is considered the Greatist President of all time? ~~~~ Mr Slick Willie came in a #3 tie with Dubya. Washington and Jefferson finished waaaaaaay down the list. [V]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    walmart here just bought out 1 of the last drive in movie theaters here in oregon,to pave it over to make more room for parking.

SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    If you Boycott Wal-Mart = What will China Do? And where would the Dumbed Down Americans Purchase their Junk? It's the Chinese Economy Stoopid![xx(]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Now ,now,don't b too hard om em.After all if they didn't buy all that stuff they really didn't need anyway at Wal-Mart they would have to pay a bit more for it.And help a fellow citizen by buying local.After they paid too much for their junk,they wouldn't be able to drive on to Mc doo-doo's in their financed gas guzzling SUV. And then drive home to the house the bank owns and.....Baaaaa-baaaaa,da** Sheep!!!!