In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just opinion......( but true )

NANA Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
Who would lead us should the need ever arise, who among us has the courage and clarity to stay the course? I have thought for a long time that we need to regain "our" control over our country and for just as long I have wondered how such a mission should take place.

Honestly the system is pathetic, and it's contempt against its own citizens is intolerable. I don't believe the answer lies in the ballot box. Even if a third or fourth or fifth party ever does get elected, well your talking many years of grid lock crap before much of anything changes. The government elect needs to know that the general public has the power and will to enforce/protect its constitutional rights.

This in my opinion is the problem with our system today, they have no fear and have become self serving, fearing no reprisals for their actions. In fact I believe the majority of our government should be tried for treason and dealt with as such. Simply requesting or suggesting anything to the government is a total waste of time unless you have a major contribution (in the form of cash) you may as well stay home. This is not the way it was intended to be, so what do we do buy back our constitutional rights? I don't think so! We have paid plenty for them in the past, but I think its almost time to pay a little more.

{)xxxx{:::::::>TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED! <:::::::}XXX(}

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    You'll get no argument from me NA
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I have a WHOLE lot of agreement with you NA. But I don't agree that even with a 3rd party being elected it would take very long to starten out this country. The first time a 3rd party canididate gets elected for US president, for example, that event will provide a rude wakeup call to the Dems and Reps that they better get back in line, pay attention to the wants and needs of the citizens and to the constitution. Just like with anyone of us, we make take our good job for granted and may start to slack off, but if we come very close to getting fired suddenly we start paying attention to what our boss wants again. Same with the worthless polititcans.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the peaceful way first. It is already at our disposal. Use the system that is already in place, to try to change things. No one DIES, no one looses their home, job, family, etc.

I have said before that getting one man in the white house will do us very little good. The whole bunch needs to be voted out and replaced. A president must still deal with the rest of the politicians to get anything done.

You have seen the outline of what we are proposing to do, to change the voting procedure. If that works, it would be a radical change, and I think (hope) it would put a lot of good people in place quick. And trying that is better than doing NOTHING.

But my bottom line has always been, prepare for war. Get armed, (and I do not mean a good hunting rifle) plenty of ammo, supplies, etc. Practice with your guns. Know how to use them. It will not hurt to have some supplies, even if you NEVER have to use them.
    But on the other hand, if you need to use firepower,
    and do not have it....and the SHTF.......well....

I do not hold out much hope for the young people of today, or for future generations, if "something" is not done SOON. One way or the other.

As to "who would lead us"....haven't a clue.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    NA, Not intending to "highjack"your thread.......However...Who amoung us IS truely willing to give ALL...if it actually came to that.We have had such a run in this country that most of us just can't imagine giving up EVERYTHING for the cause.I know I think of my family,I still have young kids at home,9 and 10.In the old days I would've KNOWN that should something happen to me,they would have been taken care of.Can I say that now? I agree with all of you and am afraid that the ballot box alone may not do it...still it is the one thing that the fathers left us that still exists...not the way it should be ,but there to be used nonetheless.Fox and others in this very forum have inspired me to at least try,I had frankly givenup...quit trying....I know longer feel that way thanks to these Patriots right here at GB.I will continue to be ready,and hope,and Pray that we can find a peaceful solution.I will continue to be ready if not.....we must awake the masses,not much will do that I am afraid..perhaps a good old fashioned depression might...it would at least reprioritize the material folks some. As to who would lead us???????Good question,and the two parties will find a way to block em if possible and the good ole boys club will never allow a third party President to fill his term....IMHO. Not sure what the answers are,still searching....may we find them in time...L.H.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The 'soft war' is still being fought across this great country...a third party will,I believe.take powerful positions in the government before any 'hard action'.

The people will, desperate for relief,vote in new people...

I believe that this will fail.

Then it will be time to get up and go look in the mirror.There is the leader any American needs.....and out of the chaos will step someone ready,willing,...and able to guide America back to the Constitution..

This will NOT be a revolution..because the revolution has already occurred.Reestablishing American values...that is all....
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please note that this is only for extreme circumstances (when the anti gun crowd threatens your life or the lives of your family, or are doing something that will destroy the country).

You're forgetting a major weakness of the anti-gun crowd: money. This is all they care about. So how does the tyrranical government get money?? Taxes!

We are still in charge of our finances. If things get too bad, a section of gun owners could refuse to pay taxes. This leaves the government in an interesting position. If they send us to prison, when we aren't paying taxes, the taxes of the others will be used to pay our tabs. We will leech free food off of the system. We will get free TV. Not only will the government not be collecting our tax dollars, they will be losing money on us.