In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

COngressman response to HR45

BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
This is the response I got from the democrat congressman for my area when I voiced my distain for HR 45 and any other similiar gun control bills.

quote:Thank you for taking the time to express your opposition to H.R. 45, Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. I appreciate the benefit of your views on this important matter.

The original intent and purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve and guarantee the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms. I believe that all Americans have the right to own guns for hunting, sport, and self-defense. And while ensuring that people have the right to bear arms, we must also ensure that safety is the highest priority.

As you know, H.R. 45 would amend the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act. The bill also directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer. While current law requires a background check and license for sale of specific weapons, this law would require a license for every weapon sold. This bill has currently been referred to the Judiciary Committee for further review. Although I do not serve on this Committee, you can be assured I will keep your views close in mind should it come to the House Floor for a vote.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    This is the response I got from the democrat congressman for my area when I voiced my distain for HR 45 and any other similiar gun control bills.

quote:Thank you for taking the time to express your opposition to H.R. 45, Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. I appreciate the benefit of your views on this important matter.

The original intent and purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve and guarantee the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms. I believe that all Americans have the right to own guns for hunting, sport, and self-defense. And while ensuring that people have the right to bear arms, we must also ensure that safety is the highest priority.

As you know, H.R. 45 would amend the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act. The bill also directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer. While current law requires a background check and license for sale of specific weapons, this law would require a license for every weapon sold. This bill has currently been referred to the Judiciary Committee for further review. Although I do not serve on this Committee, you can be assured I will keep your views close in mind should it come to the House Floor for a vote.

A perfect example of what is at the crux of our national problems.

Your Congressman subordinates the U.S. Constitution to his beliefs.

Until we disabuse these folks of that mindset, our Republic is not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a typical response I would expect from someone that dos not know or understand the constitution. His primary goal is to control and subjugate the populace. I can tell you exactly how this treasonous a$$wipe will vote when this comes up for a vote. He will, with great gusto, vote for this unconsitutional bill. As he well knows that anything you must have a license for is not a right, but only a privalege. One that he will galdly take away when HE feels the need to.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    similar to the reponse i got from my congressmen. pollitly told me to pizz off.
  • Options
    WorkingzombieWorkingzombie Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I do not serve on this Committee, you can be assured I will keep your views close in mind should it come to the House Floor for a vote.

Standard non-committal reply that I also get from my rep.
    Nothing more than a kiss-off.
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope they pass it.
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    quote: I hope they pass it.

Sure you are in the right forum Flat8?
  • Options
    sadoggiesadoggie Member Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    The only reason to want it to pass would to be getting on and over as quick as we can. I hope he is saying, for lack of a better phrase: "Bring it on"!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    They got my vote ;
    Pass it.

Only a coward wishes to pass off onto his children what he has not the courage to do himself...
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    They got my vote ;
    Pass it.

Only a coward wishes to pass off onto his children what he has not the courage to do himself...

And you have the gall to refute 2A legislation?
    Seems like you are the very thing you claim to despise.[xx(]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    And you have the gall to refute 2A legislation?
    Second Amendment Legislation?

That is an interesting concept if one actually thinks about it.

10s of thousands of gun laws around the country. Are they 2A legislation?

Permission to Carry laws in most states. Are they 2A legislation?

Absent an example to the contrary, I would suggest that the phrase 'Second Amendment Legislation' is inherently contradictory.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I repeat myself;

The cowards we are surrounded by today are perfectly content with 20,000+++= gun laws...I am not.
    Whatever it takes..this law, police kicking in doors taking guns... WHATEVER...is the proper step to have taken to day...IF the cowards are jarred enough to get as mad as I.

WHATEVER action meeded to be taken by the government...THAT is the step we need.
    That action that forces cowards to admit that..while they themSELVES have not the courage to resist..they will not turn in those RESISTING it.