In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Congress & the Second Amendment..

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
This was a hearing in 1982..too bad the corruption is too deep to root out...
http://www.constitution.org/mil/rkba1982.htm
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms
of the
SUBCOMMITTEE ON THE CONSTITUTION
of the
UNITED STATES SENATE

NINETY-SEVENTH CONGRESS

Second Session
February 1982

Printed for the use of the Committee on the Judiciary

A long read...

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That report was written a Loooooooong time ago. Some of those Senators on the judiciary are still around today-and they are gun grabbers, notwithstandingthe NRAs flowery endorsements of some of those Senators. Gotta love Orrin Hatch-from reading his preface one would have to assume that he is pro second amendment- but Orrins voting record suggests otherwise. Oh well....... At least it sounds good.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Some real good info in that tho.....I thank you for it...was a couple that I did not know...I love the ammunition of words and quotes.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Knew about this report 20 years ago..and witnessed exactly what Salzo said.
    I didn't suddenly decide one day that the government is hopelessly corrupt..they taught me over 40 years what the truth is...

Knowing that they..the Pols..know the TRUTH..there is only ONE explaination left.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new......Still going on.
    quote:(In one case, in fact, the individual was being prosecuted for an act which the Bureau's acting director had stated was perfectly lawful.)

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Knew about this report 20 years ago..and witnessed exactly what Salzo said.
    I didn't suddenly decide one day that the government is hopelessly corrupt..they taught me over 40 years what the truth is...

Knowing that they..the Pols..know the TRUTH..there is only ONE explaination left.

Yup...........