In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Six Gun Law

fetterfetter Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
I was talking to my cousin a lawyer here in KY and the issue of carry conceal came up. He told me that in a town in Georgia, it's illegal to leave your home without having a six shooter on your hip. The law has not been changed to this day. I can't remember the town but apparently KY has a similar law that is not observed but basically states similarities. Is this true or is he just pulling my chain?

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This may be what you refer to...;
    GUN OWNERSHIP MANDATORY IN KENNESAW, GEORGIA;.....

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a38a75857671c.htm
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Virginia there was a 1619 law that required all people to attend church on the Sabbath and "all such as bear arms" to bring their loaded rifle or sward with them. The penalty for going to church unarmed was three shillings. As far as I know, this law was in force until the "Shall Issue" CCW law made it illegal to take a gun to church.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Interesting thing about the US Code which everyone says absoutely forbids carrying a loaded gun into federal property (IRS, Post Office, etc). I have had cause to have carefully read that regulations and there are a couple of words that might interest everyone here. Get a copy of government building rules and regulations and read it yourself.

Part of the regulation states that the regulation does not apply if you "are carrying for any legitimate purpose" then the regulation does not apply to you.

Can carrying with a state CCW permit, or being a hunter on his way to the fields and is afraid of theft if he/she leaves their gun in their vehicle when having to enter a government building, for example, be considered a "legitimate purpose" and therefore the carrying not be illegal?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    us55840,

In Virginia we can't carry a concealed handgun in a restaurant or club licensed to serve alcohol, but we can "open carry" in the bars. You can't carry concealed in church while services are being held unless you have "good and sufficient reason", and it is against State Law to carry in a Courthouse. So, I guess if you think the preacher is out to get you, you could carry concealed in church. [:D]
    edited November -1
    That's funny about the preacher out to get you. [:D]

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't carry in church?!?! So, the preacher would willingly violate the instruction Jesus Christ set forth to his followers in Luke 22:36?

Luke 22

35: And He said unto them (the disciples), When I sent you without purse or scrip, and shooes, lacked ye any thing? And they said nothing.

36: Then He said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Really? How disgusting.

I am not presently a member of any church, simply for the fact that every church I have visited has this same ridiculous ban, but the Ohio churches have an option, and when they fail in it, I fail to show up for services, in favor of another one.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
    edited November -1
    The preacher didn't write the law. I don't know if he carries or not. Want me to ask him? But if he does, it'll be a long way for you to come to church. Might be worth it tho. [:)]
    edited November -1
    They mostly preach religion off the pulpit,nowadays.....nothing much about being a Christian.

Submit,turn the other cheek..crap like that.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    They mostly preach religion off the pulpit,nowadays.....nothing much about being a Christian.

Submit,turn the other cheek..crap like that.

[;)]
    edited November -1
    So we understand why I fail to show up on Sundays, then, right?

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    In the church that I attend, the pastor is in the process of obtaining a CCW. He's VERY pro-gun and anti-thug/terrorist. He's a Life Member of the NRA and a charter member of FREE HUNTERS. He absolutely HATES religion and preaches nothing but the WORD! BTW, it's a non-denominational church--nobody's rules to follow, but God's.

You may wonder how I know so much about the pastor's personal views on guns et al...[;)]
    edited November -1
    Boy that's refreshing....

Here, I get the same tireless crap from pastor after pastor, that we should not be inclined to violence, and the thing about that is, I do what I am instructed to do (by God, not necessarily anyone else).

End of story....

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    Only violence sanctioned by government is 'Godly'..according to most of the state sponsored preachers today..the 501c3 types.

The Founders respectfully begged to disagree.
    The Christian that uses force to stop a crime begs to disagree..no matter HOW many times the Elite tell us that is " Vigilantism "..those with a vested interest in blindly obedient subjects...

That 'turn the other cheek ' thing always amuses me..reading it in its entirety reveals that one should give a FRIEND another chance..
    The wicked ought to be struck down." Wicked " being those commiting criminal acts.....

Indeed..there is a very good case to be made that the word " Violence ' ought to be reserved for criminal acts..and not used to describe acts done for preserving the peace....
    edited November -1
    Highball: I like your interpertation of turning the other cheek to your friends. Friends that through their loyal behavior have "earned" the right for you to think of turning the other cheek if they accidently or in a moment of bad judgement do you wrong.

When I look at that "turn the other cheek" thing in the Bible, it now seems to make more sense. It never made much sense when I visualized havning to turn the other cheek to my enemines.

• RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth: Ours is NOT a state-sponsored, 501(c)3 type church. We did not seek that status when we organized 4+ years ago. We are, however, incorporated under the laws of our state of domicile and were told by the Sec. of State's office at the time that such incorporation would entitle us to the benefits of 501(c)3 status without the red tape for purposes of MOST contributors. I DO NOT wish to be "federally" recognized, for whatever reason. [V]