In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

50 cal ammo in Alabama

corewarecoreware Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
As a resident of Alabama I always prided myself on looking at restrictions on where ammo/guns/accessories could be shipped and noting that my state was not among the listed. I was recently looking at a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog at some 50 caliber ammunition. I noticed that Alabama was one of the states that could not be shipped to for this ammunition. I've looked for reasons why, and I cannot find any. As near as I know, only California has outlawed this weapon. Why can this ammunition not be shipped to this state? If you have a recent Cheaper Than Dirt catalog you can look it up and see what I am talking about.

Comments

• Options
    James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]The only place in California that Ammo can't be shipped to, is Sacramento, They can't ship "any" Ammo to Mass.,New York City, Wash. DC,Cook Cty Illinois and prepare for updates because of thr .50 cal controversity.[xx(][xx(][:D][:D] JIMBO

On your mark-get set- go away!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but I'm still wondering why my state doesn't allow that ammunition to be shipped here. 50 Cals are legal, I've seen them in a shooting range for sale. We also allow ammo to be shipped to us. So why not this particular kind in the ad?
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe that the ammo is illegal in your state ( I too have the current issue of cheaper than dirt). I also have wondered about this since I live in california and it says no shipments to california. However I was able to order the .50 cal ammo from J & G sales in arizona with no problems whatsoever( which i recommend you do). I have also tried to order a walther P-1 9mm with 8 round capicity; which I know is legal cause I have seen it for sale in Ca gun shops. However the company I tried to order it from and ship it to an FFL dealer in Ca was CDNN in texas. When I enquired as to why their response was we do not deal with california in that way. So If I had not boared you to much with this letter, my answer is that it most likely is legal in your state but many companys do not like to deal with certian states as my dealings with CDNN. So you can try to purchase .50 cal ammo from J & G sales in arizona by going to www.jgsales.com or my recommendation is to pick up the current issue of shotgun news with the full page ads they put out.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    50 cals were recently banned in California thanks to the left. That's probably why the ammo can't be shipped there.