In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This pretty much sums it up...........C&P

ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
I gotta' tell yah, this whole second amendment thing is going to come to a head and it's going to be soon. The Supreme Court can't put it off forever, it won't be allowed. The educated are starting to understand what we've been saying for quite a while now; the second amendment was put into place so as the populous is armed and always a reminder to big government that turning the corner to tyranny is not an option, unless, of course, you have a death wish. That every able bodied male (women also make up the militia) shall own a firearm to meet these ends and that no portion of said militia shall be under government control. Hell even the military is subserviant to the citizenry.

However, it is quite obvious that the Govt. is far more adept than originally anticipated by the framers, they have found loopholes and ways to circumvent all documents. Thus allowing themselves to run free over the public with little or no fear of armed challenge. They see to it that there can never be an army well organized enough to overthrow this Govt.by showing us, by example. Remember Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Kent State for these men who fired on the innocent victims believed they were in the right to do so. How is it that a man can think this righteous? By being in govt. for years they are taught that we, the public, are the enemy. Guess what, they may just get their wish, or worse, a friggin' nightmare come true. Seventy million pissed off Americans, with guns, looking to get an answer for the wrongdoings that have occurred at this govt.'s hands over the past 145 years.

C&P:
Tortured interpretations of the Second amendment cannot change the fact that both the letter of the amendment itself and the legislative history conclusively show that the Founders intended ordinary citizens to be armed. The notion that the Second amendment confers rights only upon organized state-run militias is preposterous; the amendment is meaningless unless it protects the gun rights of individuals. Georgetown University professor Robert Levy recently offered this simple explanation:

"Suppose the Second amendment said `A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed.' Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read?"

Well stated, now if we could just get ONE DAMN ATTORNEY worth a rats *, we could defeat this Fascist government.

canIplay.jpg

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

Comments

• jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe but I don't think there is one out there that would touch this one uless someone ponied up several million dollars up front. it's sad.[xx(]
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, there should be. Who is the best Constitutional Law Attorney in these United States? There are of course a couple of hurdles, first where would the money be kept, secondly, who would keep it, and how would we keep from becoming an .org in the literal sense. I volunteer to go out and find the absolute best attorney there is on the subject and crush his fees down to a fraction of what he may be looking for. We'd need to form some kind of a legitamite business of a non-profit type as to keep big brother from shutting us down.

Another problem, the gun rights groups. They would see us as a threat because they are playing the patient tactical game and if we made it to the Supreme Court, it's possible that we could lose and if so a precedence will have been set negating the possibility of ever winning this battle. The NRA et al are doing the right thing, sort of. In waiting for the perfect moment to strike they have become used to fighting for a cause, if they were to fight and win and all gun laws were wiped from the books, where would they congregate and how would they stroke their egos? Plus they are scared now. That's right scared. They know this is a one shot deal.

I just think those groups would be so threatened that we would have big red circles on our backs. Now if this could be done under another pretense until that day in court.....There are definitely ways to defeat this gun law crap, one must be very meticulous in his assault on these laws. So much to lose and really, if you think about it, today, so little to gain. I say this because they will continue to pass these laws knowing that only the Supreme Court could overturn the verdict and they won't hear it a second time....

canIplay.jpg

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    http://www.gerryspence.com/grafx/index2_pic_bot.jpg

Gerry Spence would be my choice to handle the chore you mention. Defended..and won...Randy Weavers case.

Taking this case to the supremes would presuppose that one would be willing to go to bat for real if the decision was contrary to logic.

I see it as a Win-Win...on either case. A clear-cut "20,000 gun laws are UnConstitutional"...jeeze, a patriots dream.

A "Collective Right" decision...at worst status que...at best 7 million Americans fall out into the streets and take this country away from the corrupt elite.

By the way..I ain't rich by any means...but I would give 100 bucks a month to any lawyer willing to address a case before the supremes.

Multiply that 100 bucks by 10,000-20,000 ..?
    edited November -1
    I can turn my company over to my Vice President and dedicate my time to this cause. I think It'd be worth it. My only problem is I have a wife at home and don't want to make her a widow. You never know there are some seriously twisted folks out there that will stop at nothing......count me in. Can we hire guys from the site as armed body guards[:D]? I have a couple of people in mind. Who's in financially? Don't worry about who watches over the money right now, we'll come up with something secure. I just want to get an idea of how much we might be able to raise. If it looks like we may have the support...we do it!

canIplay.jpg

edited November -1
    Comengetit;
    Post it over on general...hehehhhhhhhhhhehhh..
    Lets see how much support you get from "Gun Owners"..hehhhhehehhhhhhhh...

There is some practical problems...not the least of which is getting the supremes to shelve their cowardice and actually HEARING a straight up and down Second Amendment case. There are allowed to hear whatever they wish...and reject whatever they wish...

Were one able to get Spence interested...perhaps he could advise on exactly what to get arrested on so as to have a maximum chance at the supremes...and finding the squeaky clean person to get arrested is also going to be a problem.
    edited November -1
    Highball;
    I fell once never twice[;)] Who said anything about getting arrested? We'll get it to the Supreme Court through the back door (don't!)you know even little guys have weapons like the big boys, I think we should call ours "MEDIA". With what went on in New Gorleans there's not a paper or television station in the country that wouldn't take our ad money. Hell they may even discount it. Create a demand and a sense of urgency and they will tip over. Not only that but they'll be begging to do it. It's a gift of mine. I can sell ice cubes to Eskimoes and then have them stand in line for an air conditioner.

canIplay.jpg

• jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I do okay money wise but one of my ex's get child support which causes a little burden. I'm in for $20-40 a month if you and Highball can get something organized. It'd be worth it no matter how it went down, just like you said Highball. Post it up. Lets see what kind of support we can drag out of the "generalites".
    edited November -1
    I'll do alot but I won't do that. Someone else can post it this time. I barely left with my clothes in tact, damn vultures. This has got to be a group effort, I think this could work. It'd take about a year to get up the cash and get a group of legal minds together, that's enough time to come up with an assault tactic

I'm going to research case law and check on some of these laws. Will report back tomorrow.
    edited November -1
    Comengetit;

Actually...I was serious about posting over to General. You see..perhaps 3-4 of us would consider a judgement a supurb idea...absolutely necessary to end the excesses of the jack-booted thugs, with tacit permission from the White House..(The Pro-Second Amendment President, don't you know..)

The rest will fall upon you..or me..like rabid dogs. Scared out of their minds..with a long list of reasons to not allow the case. I believe that the percentages will hold true throughout the "Gun Culture"...actually closet gun controllers, most of them....These Compromisers are responsible for the laws we have today...because in 1968 there ought to have been a general upraising of refusal to obey the edicts of the Elite.

This isn't meant as a "Lets not do it"..just a statement of reality.
    edited November -1
    Where would you like to see this go from here? I'm still looking at case law and it is very encouraging. You know the NRA and the likes are just a little too timid for my liking. I think the only way to make this happen is to jam it down their throats in a very nice tactful manner[}:)][:D] OK I'm in for a Bennie per month. Now I have a non-profit we can use, how do you want to set it up. First I think we need to know how much it will take and if he'll do it.

WW, shootsright, gunphreak, defender, 65gto389, HighVolumeOfFire, Flat8, pickenup, Quikdraw67, fourth horseman, tr fox, and all others, are you in?

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in......I'm just a poor college kid, but I would kick in $100 if you could get it to the SCUS

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:There are definitely ways to defeat this gun law crap, one must be very meticulous in his assault on these laws. So much to lose and really, if you think about it, today, so little to gain.

True words, my friend, true words.

quote:WW, shootsright, gunphreak, defender, 65gto389, HighVolumeOfFire, Flat8, pickenup, Quikdraw67, fourth horseman, tr fox, and all others, are you in?

I've seen a flurry of posts over the past couple of days, and there seems to be a lot of excitement. I'm honestly not sure I'm exactly clear as to what is being proposed. From what I gather, basically we are gonna attempt to form our own group and hope to get enough funds together to hire a high-caliber lawyer like Gerry Spence to take a 2nd Amendment case to the Supreme Court?

What case are we gonna use? Are we gonna find somebody like one of those NOLA folks, or does one of us need to get arrested like Highball suggested? Are we gonna draw straws for that priviledge? Will their family get financial support for the many years that they will be in prison while the legal process runs its course? Do they get reparations once they get out of prison, or will they be taking one for the "cause"?

I don't mean to be sarcastic, I just want to be clear about what I am commiting to.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm watching.........and waiting. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    We're definitely in the infant stage in all this but, yes you've got it right WW. As far as what case, I don't really think it all that important. The heart of the matter is the wrongful and illegitimate interpretations of the second and others. Our sight being on the second. If we get a solid foundation as to the proper explication, I would be more than satisfied but we must set precedence. Don't get me wrong, we have to have a case with merit to bring before the U.S. Supreme Court, we shall. I'm looking for it now and will be until I find it. You guys can help with that, there's a hell of alot of cases out there.

edited November -1
    Here's what I've been able to surmise thus far:
    We need a boat load of cash, somewhere in the $8,000,000- $12,000,000 range. We're not going to get that kind of money here. So we will have to rely heavily on corporate monies as well as celebrity money. The latter is a rare breed but they are out there. You don't just call these guys on the phone and ask for money, there has to be real structure and legitimacy in our organization with a hell of a lot of support from those like us. Without the small dollars, we'll never get to the big dollars. If we can get a committed base of approximately 25,000 contributing teammates, I think we can make enough noise as to attract the heavy hitters where donations are concerned. Then we have the issue of an attorney or, rather, team of attorneys. I like the idea of going after Gerry Spence, it'll be costly but I think he's the best man for the job, however, I will continue to talk to lawyer friends of mine about possible candidates. The ideal candidate is well versed in trial law and is an expert on the Constitution, check that, is also an expert in trial law.

As the wheels turn ever forward this will begin to take shape or it won't. I'm not much for losing, so it'll take shape. I would say we need 1 year to get all of our horses to the post, and then probably another two years in litigation. This will not be a sprint, it will be a marathon. As we pickup steam I expect some of the moderate size pro gun lobbiest groups to want to join forces, have money will travel. Seriously $12,000,000 is not that big of a hurdle to overcome, especially when you consider corporations and celebrities. I've got a relatively good in with the sports community but I can't tap that until we are solidly grounded with clear direction.

If you guys have any more questions direct them to my email sbwhit20@yahoo.com. If the questions answer causes no conflict in our mission, I will then post it. We can do this!