In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Interview with Ed Brown

Comments

• sariwat1sariwat1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ed Brown is my role model. He displays the courage of those soldiers in the continental army and Union/Confederate army marching in rows in an orderly manner with courage and valor. Too man of us lost our spine to stand up to government, I'm starting to question if we are really descendents of those same men who marched for us.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I will have to apologize, I don't know what is going on with Ed Brown! Who is Ed Brown, not the gun guy I hope! I watched the video and I still don't understand. Is this just another tax protester? Is he refusing to pay income tax?

In my almost 40 years in finance working in many states I have run into many folks that had a big following claiming income taxes are illegial. The Congress authorizes the income tax, no its not in the Constitution because we did not need much of a tax back when the country was formed.

All of the big famous tax protesters have been shut down and tossed into jail for tax evasion. A big one got put in jail in the 1980's in california and I had several folks working for me that claimed exempt and were part of his group. They all got slammed.

Every ten years another one comes along and reinvents the arguement that they don't have to pay tax. That a pipe dream folks!

If you think taxes are too high and laws to restrictive you can try to have another Boston Tea Party in Boston Harbor. Good Luck with that one.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232

If you think taxes are too high and laws to restrictive you can try to have another Boston Tea Party in Boston Harbor. Good Luck with that one.

IF you are so happy, pay my taxes too. As a matter of fact, IF ANYONE thinks the tax rate is so swell, start paying taxes for those of us whom DON'T think it is right. Then go right down the line to guns. If anyone thinks those unconstituional laws are so right and just, pony up your guns and leave ours alone.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our grandfathers brought the federal income tax upon us with the 16th Amendment to the Bill of Rights. Although I respect Ed Brown for his philosophical position, any serious attempt to reform the federal income tax system would have to begin with repealing the 16th Amendment. Anything else merely leads to fines and imprisonment.
  • jnormanhjnormanh Member Posts: 14
    edited November -1
    "IF you are so happy, pay my taxes too."

Get bent. Pay your own taxes or leave America.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jnormanh

Troll, I live in America, therefore have the right of dissent. You lady, are the minority. WE are not happy giving a third to half our incomes to taxes. Perhaps you are one of those swell people living off our labor (as in a benefiteer of the social system), and if so, enjoy it while you can. It really won't last forever.
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by sig232

IF you are so happy, pay my taxes too. As a matter of fact, IF ANYONE thinks the tax rate is so swell, start paying taxes for those of us whom DON'T think it is right. Then go right down the line to guns. If anyone thinks those unconstituional laws are so right and just, pony up your guns and leave ours alone.
    Did you even bother to read what SIG posted, or did you just decide that anyone who did not immediately bow down and worship your kind of hyperbole must, by definition, be some kind of fool who devotes their life to government supremacy?

There is NO place in his posting where he claims that he is "happy" or that taxes are "swell" and it is the work of a complete fool to even try to claim that he has made a presentation of that type. If you wish to present yourself as the undeniable authority of all that is right in the world, and the person all here should turn to as the only source of "truth", you might at least try to be at least a slight bit accurate in your analysis. That may be more than you are capable of, but having seen your rants at trolls on other forums here, you might at least take a look at the crap you threw at SIG, and try to understand what a troll actually is.

He neither did or said anything to deserve it, and has not earned it from past posts. I'll take SIG any day, any way over fools who can't even read what a man of knowledge posts. SIG has ability, SIG has knowledge, SIG has proven what he can do, and you're just noise.

You owe SIG an apology for the crap you spewed out relative to his post, and you need to start doing something like actually thinking (what a concept) about what you post when you decide to unload on some of the people here. SIG has earned his credentials, he asked a couple of pointed position questions, and advanced an opinion based on observed reality. You dealt with emotion and anger, and ignored reality. SIG wins.

I'll take SIG. Every damn day, in every damn way, over some idiot that thinks invective is a reasonable replacement for actual thought and knowledge. SIG can think, SIG does think, and he knows when keeping quiet is a hell of a statement of knowledge.

You don't.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep it civil guys.
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jnormanh

I thought jnormanh got poofed and locked out.
    How bout it Nunn?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn is not the law here,......we have a very good "sheriff" called Pickenup!
    He's tough if things get out of hand,.........but he is a reasonable, very intelligent man![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner