In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What will the NRA do?

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
Now that Parker appears to go to the SCOTUS, what do you guys think the NRA will do? We all know about their attempts to torpedo it earlier, but now its a whole new ballgame.

As far as I can tell, they have three options:

1) First, they could offer their services, in any capacity to the plaintiffs.

2) Their second option would be to again attempt to bring down the case. At this stage in the game, I consider this to be the least likely option.

3) Finally, they could do nothing. I would consider this the most likely but for one glaring fact: If the NRA sits this one out, the damage to their prestige will be immeasurable. For the NRA to not have a part in the biggest gun rights case in 70 years is almost unimaginable.

For me, I hope the NRA elects to choose option 1. Mr. Levy, the man responsible for "Parker" has already publically acknowledged a rift with the NRA. Levy isn't even a gun owner, he's bringing this suit on purely Libertarian grounds. If the NRA does opt to help, I hope Levy is willing to put the past aside in order to strengthen our cause.

I've done my share of blasting the NRA. I hope that now that the chance of a lifetime is upon us they will do the right thing.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Personally, I am not too optimistic about anything the NRA gets involved in. I hope for the best and expect the worst.
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:We all know about their attempts to torpedo it earlier

The above should never ever be forgotten!! Something that would have somewhat reestablished the RIGHTS of millions and the NRA tried to stop it. NRA is just a means to an end for our goberment.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    NRA is just a means to an end for our goberment.

That may be true, but the NRA also brings with it a boatload of money and an army of lawyers.

You can be sure the antis are going to bring everything they've got to this fight.....we'd be fools to not do the same.

I've disagreed, sometimes loudly, with the NRA's policies in the past. The fact is, however, we NEED them this time if we want to win.

Let's be honest....a loss in this case would be "game over" for the NRA. They need this win as badly as we do.

Robert Levy, while certainly a man of considerable means, cannot win this alone.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The supreme court can refuse to hear this case.
    CASE CLOSED.

As for the NRA, I can see them choosing #3, until/IF SCOTUS decides to hear the case. AT THAT TIME, they will show their TRUE colors. Oh wait, they ALREADY showed their true colors when they tried to derail the case. Well.....we shall see.

I would LIKE to see this settled in MY lifetime.
    I don't want to pass it onto the next generation.
    Let's GET IT ON, and GET IT OVER, good or bad.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    CASE CLOSED.

They can, but they won't.........I'd bet the farm on it
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    CASE CLOSED.

They can, but they won't.........I'd bet the farm on it

Why not? SCOTUS has done it before. It has had several cases sent to it concerning 2nd Amendment, but we never hear about it, because there really is nothing to comment on concerning a torpedoed case.